1400 x 900 Resolution?

finalremnant
finalremnant Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Support Desk
Hi guys

Is there a way to customize the resolution to get 1400 x 900?

I've tried the resolution.txt thing but it doesn't work.

I'd really like to change the resolution, cos so far, PW looks really really bad on my screen.

Thanks
Post edited by finalremnant on

Comments

• Julyah - Sanctuary
    Julyah - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I take it that you've tried the resolutions on the settings screen. There's a pretty good variety of things to choose, but not the one you wanted.
    I dunno how it works for you but I can just drag the game window from the lower right hand corner and resize it as I want, though that MIGHT be because I'm using this Virtual Desktop thingie on Linux Wine.
    [Tech Support Junkie]
    Player 1: "I dont believe this is an off-topic worthy thread."
    Player 2: "It's not even worth it for lower depths. What do we do?"
    Player 3: "Delete it?"
    Mod: "Moving this to tech support."
    edited March 2009
    go to your pw folder>Element>user data

in that folder there should be a txt file called System Settings

open that up, and about halfway down it has the resolution settings

RenderWid=
    RenderHei=

just set those to 1400x900 and when you load up the Launcher, where it has the dropdown selection where the screen resolution is it should say "custom"

start up the game in non-windowd mode, and wha-la!

also if it seems to run slow due to a mediocre vid card, (like mine) you can set it to a 16:10 compatable resolution (16:10 is 1400x900)
    im assuming you have a monitor like mine.. also the 16:9 button can be used with lower more 'square' resolutions to make it stretch to keep the game from looking strechted out or squished.

ot: when i first was playing everyone looked super fat, because my resolution was off and it was stretching everything.. when i made my char he looked normal, but once i fixed the resoltion he was a super skinny twig.. lol =)

hope it works for ya.. and sorry for posting so much random ****.. just trying to help out best i can =)
  • Tarck - Heavens Tear
    Tarck - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    .. and sorry for posting so much random ****..
    Personally, I did not find a single word of ****. Even the super skinny twig story made me smile - now I understand why some chars look if they don't farm enough to get enough to eat b:laugh
  • finalremnant
    finalremnant Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    >< Sorry for the late reply. I've been busy with homework and assignments from school.

Anyways, thanks for your help and time ^^

EDIT: I've just tried Marutah's method, but all I don't seem to have that file there :x
    EDIT 2: Sorry, I mixed up my back up files with my installed files ><
This discussion has been closed.