Fudgie - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Venomancer
What is the starting lvl of a hercules?
Post edited by Fudgie - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Level 1 is the starting level of both Hercules and Blazing Phoenix.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Fudgie - Heavens Tear
    Fudgie - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    lol you would have to spend days grinding low lvl mobs to get anywhere
    near the lvl you need. Scary!
  • Kristiona - Heavens Tear
    Kristiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Trick to leveling your herc to you if your high level is using mouse bashing room in the cube. Good luck getting into it though thats the trick.
  • NecroVaL - Heavens Tear
    NecroVaL - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Trick to leveling your herc to you if your high level is using mouse bashing room in the cube. Good luck getting into it though thats the trick.

Yeah..That's what I trained my herc on... From lvl 1 to the lvl i am within hours... Its a one-hit kill, even though the mobs are orange name... scary...lol...

But problem is phoenix... they cant enter the cube... So have problem in leveling it... Grinding air mobs are reallly tired and boredom... Any suggestion?

Btw, is it better to lvl pets at those around the level of your pets? or higher or lower level? I once heard that even pets killed 10 lvl higher mobs, the max xp it gets is 15... hence was thinking if I killed those about 5-10 lvl lower mobs than my pets, is it ok?
  • JustForFun - Heavens Tear
    JustForFun - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yes, the max XP pet gets is 15 IF the loyalty is above 500.

Kill mobs same or higher lvl than your pet. If you kill mobs lower than your pet, it gets less than 15 XP and will take longer to lvl.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yeah..That's what I trained my herc on... From lvl 1 to the lvl i am within hours... Its a one-hit kill, even though the mobs are orange name... scary...lol...

But problem is phoenix... they cant enter the cube... So have problem in leveling it... Grinding air mobs are reallly tired and boredom... Any suggestion?

Btw, is it better to lvl pets at those around the level of your pets? or higher or lower level? I once heard that even pets killed 10 lvl higher mobs, the max xp it gets is 15... hence was thinking if I killed those about 5-10 lvl lower mobs than my pets, is it ok?

Leveling a phoenix to your level shouldn't take that long. The phoenix can fairly easily take on mobs 15-20 levels higher than it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rachnia
    rachnia Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Given your level I'd suggest the following tactic:
    To level the Pheonix (or any low level pet), just find the highest lvl Earth Mobs that you can 1 shot (using venomous scarab) 'til the Pheonix starts to only get 10 xp per kill then move onto the highest lvl Earth Mob that takes two shots and so on.
    The first time I did this I lvl'd my pet til it was the same lvl as the mob and went looking for the next group, it took me so long to find my next victims that I could have lvl'd my pet 2-3 more lvls, thats why I suggest going 'til your pet gets only 10xp per kill. If you already know which mobs you can 1 and 2 shot, then you could move onto the higher lvl group as soon as your pet takes an xp drop.
    Then again 2 shoting something takes longer than 1 shoting it so its upto you to decide which method is going to get you the quickest result. My thoughts are that 2 shotting something takes approximately 50% longer than 1 shotting (including moving to the target killing it and picking up the loot) so keeping on 1 shotting 'til 10xp may level your pet just as quick as moving onto higher lvl mobs.
    I suggest Earth Mobs because Wood dmg = More dmg against Earth. This way your Pheonix will jump quite a few levels for minimal effort, and I am all in favour of doing as little as possible to get what I want.

If someone has a better strategy (meaning faster and requiring less effort on my part) than this that doesn't involve the Cube, I for one would love to know about it.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Finding earth mobs isn't difficult if you put a little time into it.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/lvl/0-9
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • rachnia
    rachnia Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    yup thats definately quicker than running around like a headless chicken trying to find them. Wish I knew about pwdatabase at the time b:surrender