Regarding Downloading the game Client

t4int
t4int Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Support Desk
I have been trying to download the Perfect World game client since 2pm yesterday(PST).

I have tried both the bulk downloader(which goes at 500k/bs+ but then drops down to bytes then stop completely) and the torrent download.

I just woke up to use the restroom and Window 1 live care had a window open regarding a virus, I went to have it remove it. As it begain to remove the trojan uTorrent popped up saying access to the perfect would download is denied. Can you please check the torrent download for this is a common problem with this type of download specially since the virus is a jeefo.a which can leech it's self onto these files.

I really would like to give this mmo a try however with my connection speed here at the house I shouldn't be having these problems.

Please help me.
Post edited by t4int on

Comments

• ssj4ssj4
    ssj4ssj4 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Got to btjunkie, type in the name of the game and search, you will find dozens listed, this is where I downloaded it from and had no problems, also try using the software bittorent 6.0 .. I have never had any probles using this software and btjunkie is the best torrent source on the internet.

NOTE: Remember to select the torrent with the highest seeds to ensure faster and more reliable data streaming.
  • t4int
    edited March 2009
    ssj4ssj4 wrote: »
    Got to btjunkie, type in the name of the game and search, you will find dozens listed, this is where I downloaded it from and had no problems, also try using the software bittorent 6.0 .. I have never had any probles using this software and btjunkie is the best torrent source on the internet.

NOTE: Remember to select the torrent with the highest seeds to ensure faster and more reliable data streaming.

I'm just downloading now via orbit however this issuse of the jeefo virus needs to be addressed... here is a screen showing the location of it... it is from the torrent download listed on Perfectworld.com
    pw.jpg

I have been able to completely clean it but if someone isnt running a decent VP they could get hurt ;)
  • t4int
    edited March 2009
    the download keeps failing... i have tried direct dl, torrent(which gave virus) and now mirror site....
  • t4int
    edited March 2009
    failure.jpg
    unless the client download server has an anti-leet transfer rate of 200 bytes per second... then something is wrong here... I tested my tranfer rate by downloading a patch for a game i haven't played in a while and everything is fine... help please? its 10am est so hopefully a tech dude or gm is on... been at this since afternoon yesterday >.<
  • t4int
    edited March 2009
    tried using the method of what ssj4ssj4 suggested and got this

virus2.jpg

same virus just different file name....
    sticking with the perfect world downloader maybe it will be done today
  • Mystireeh - Heavens Tear
    Mystireeh - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Just to warn you, torrent downloads are one of the most common things to give viruses, your better off installing it normally, if there is problems with it your better off discussing them instead, im sure someone will be happy to help ^^
  • t4int
    edited March 2009
    Just to warn you, torrent downloads are one of the most common things to give viruses, your better off installing it normally, if there is problems with it your better off discussing them instead, im sure someone will be happy to help ^^

oh i understand the risk with torrent... just thought pwe would like to know the torrent link they have posted on their site has a virus.

And I've sent a gm a pm and also sent a trouble ticket, however haven't gotten a response
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'll pass it along to the engineers.

As for having trouble downloading the game, please see these posts:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=75572&page=4

b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • t4int
    edited March 2009
    I'll pass it along to the engineers.

As for having trouble downloading the game, please see these posts:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=75572&page=4

b:pleased

thanks mate for the feedback
    and by the way as a network admin I find your jest funny b:laugh
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2009
    t4int, can you provide the exact link for the torrent you downloaded? The one on our download page is hosted internally and should be free of viruses.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• t4int
    edited March 2009
    surtr wrote: »
    t4int, can you provide the exact link for the torrent you downloaded? The one on our download page is hosted internally and should be free of viruses.

the torrent link on the download client page and also the one on the site the other guy recommended... I'll pm my the files I got.

by the way I am finnally installing now 28 hours later lol

and I must say the rar self extractor is a very nice touch... kudos
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2009
    If you PM me the exact URLs of the torrent files, I can get them checked for viruses.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• ZangetsuHC - Sanctuary
    ZangetsuHC - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
This discussion has been closed.