Which class is better

Options
deathshadow123
deathshadow123 Posts: 21 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Wizard
I just started this game and i was trying to decide between a Blademaster or a Wizard.

I had read many threads about wizard and blademaster and it seems that most ppl hate wizard for some reason and blademaster seemed to need really good gears to be strong.

All i am looking for is a class that is not too hard to level up and is OK at PVP.
So can someone give me a suggestion of which class is better and why.
Post edited by deathshadow123 on

Comments

• lasttemplar
    lasttemplar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    By how you describe it, you will probably be better off as a blademaster. Grinding for the wizard isnt what I would really call hard, but more like annoying and with some cheap deaths

Some people (More like a lot) really have a problem with the big need for kitting with the wizard, at least in the early levels. A good lag spike could kill your wizard, even if you are at full health, which is less likely to happen with a blademaster. Wizards are a class that can **** you off unless youve had prior experience with this kind of class

You could be sorry for going Blademaster in the midlevels, though, where magic mobs start to become more and more common. I dunno if magic mobs are problematic for Blademasters or not, but I think its not fun having to fight them really

As for PvP, I cant really say which is better because Im not really big on that, and my experience is very limited. But by what Ive read, you really need to like being a wizard to PvP effectively, and you may need to level a lot to get to that point

My suggestion is: make both, level them to, say, 35-40 (It isnt really hard if you do all your quests), see which you like better and go with that one. Otherwise, the safest bet is Blademaster from what youre looking for
  • deathshadow123
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thank you for your opinion.
    I don't really mind wizard kiting as i had some experience with that.
    The reason that i am not sure which class i would like better is
    For Wizard:
    Things i like:
    1. insane damage (love it) and can usually kill mobs before they get close.
    2. doesn't seem to need really good gears (legendary, HH etc) as they have powerful skills.
    3. Can be really destructive in PVP
    Things i don't like:
    1. REALLY easy to get killed with low hp
    2. easy to get disrupted when chanelling
    3. Most ppl are against Wizards in many thread

For Blademaster:
    Things i like:
    1. OK damage (unlike Barbarians)
    2. Easy to level up with axes (from what i heard from other threads)
    3. Don't get killed easily
    4. Seemed to be good in PVP with stunlocks.

Things i don't like:
    1. Close range
    2. Seems to need good gears (which is the thing that i dislike a lot)
    3. kinda of boring with him slashing automaticaly at mobs
    4. less variety of skills as some of it are weapons only skill

More opinions would be welcome
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You should be an archer
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • deathshadow123
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I have played an archer until lv 10 and the reason i don't really like it is because
    1. Need Ammo (MONEY AND ANNOYING)
    2. quite hard to kill mobs if not kiting

I have heard that archers are insane in endgame with high crit but didn't everyone say that the archer is the most expensive class?
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Clerics hit almost as hard as mages while providing a much greater survivabiity until level 100. If you're looking for "insane damage", you'll be disappointed that mages really don't hit all that hard.
    A good bm with a charm / hiero is near unkillable unless you get lucky with the low % crit you'd have, and really know what you're doing.
  • deathshadow123
    edited March 2009
    Options
    but i thought cleric is a healer and wizard are suppose to one shot everything with their ultimate spells?
    why are u saying wizards are so bad if u are a high level wizard yourself?
    edited March 2009
    Options
    There is a ongoing debate wether cleric are stronger than mages considering clerics have so many buffs and magic debuffs.

I'll put it straight forward if you don't want to die easy and hit hard be a cleric - you don't have to be a healing cleric you can be attack cleric.

We are the most expencive class in the game.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    By how you describe it, you will probably be better off as a blademaster. Grinding for the wizard isnt what I would really call hard, but more like annoying and with some cheap deaths

Yeah wizards can die easy, but there are certain mobs where if it's their element such as a metal mob a wizard could kill those without getting touched that + exp scroll with MP charm or + regen poweders = good grind.
    Some people (More like a lot) really have a problem with the big need for kitting with the wizard, at least in the early levels. A good lag spike could kill your wizard, even if you are at full health, which is less likely to happen with a blademaster. Wizards are a class that can **** you off unless youve had prior experience with this kind of class

That is really true with a wizard and most classes that have low HP a lag spike will result in death.
    You could be sorry for going Blademaster in the midlevels, though, where magic mobs start to become more and more common. I dunno if magic mobs are problematic for Blademasters or not, but I think its not fun having to fight them really

Not exactly true there are a few magic mobs run when you go close and use magic but they are very few all mobs use physical upclose even if they usually are magical, a BM with good gear can Grind using nothing but normal attacks + Diamond sutura
    As for PvP, I cant really say which is better because Im not really big on that, and my experience is very limited. But by what Ive read, you really need to like being a wizard to PvP effectively, and you may need to level a lot to get to that point

BMs do fine In PvP their cloud sprint lets them run away, their leap forward if a good skill to close in on archers, wizards, ranged classes etc,
    Any class is good at PvP but when you look at it like this,

Archer - sneak attacked archer dead
    Veno - same as above
    cleric - same as above
    Barbarians and blademasters seem to be able to survive a surprise attack.
  • drag0nball
    drag0nball Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well what the game tells it is not as true afterall...
    Wizards may have great damage but other classes have too... and most times faster skills are better than the slower skills but all of wizards effective skillshas are slow...so you have like 0% chance to use the spell without beeing interrupted(sarcastic).
    And guess what physycal bows and weapons are MUCH MUCH and again MUCH better than magicals. First because they have higher physycal attack and the 2nd one is that those weapons have speciall effectes.like the bersekers weapon has quite high chance to damage twice as much dan usual...and if that chance gets a critical too than it is 4 times...And for magic..no special effects...just a big nothing...
    And never listen what the game guide tells..THEY ARE ALL WRONG!!!!!
    Theorthically should be so as it is written but in the practice is far from that. First of all a barbarian shuold be a tanker...and even a barbarian with good gears can outdammage mages and kills mobs faster than mages...how is trhat commming?? all of those super weapons and super skillls of barbarians kills very fast the mobs and hit almost s hard as mages..but remember they are faster... Even a BM and archer too....and come to think of it Venos skills are very good toand the pet give smore extra so...I say mages are not that great as they say..but one thing is very true about mages...that their channeling are very very slow. So this description had a truth as well...but a negative one..
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Wizard are not a "bad class they are a "hard" class make what you will of that do you consider hard as a good thing or bad thing?
  • drag0nball
    drag0nball Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    well hard f it is paid off it is a good thing..buthard if it is NOT paid off..than its worthless and it is a bad thing. And u need hard time to lvl to lvl 90 and even than u are only balanced with the oter charatcers but even thats not a sure bet..wizards will be squishi in any level...
  • Deathsscion - Sanctuary
    Deathsscion - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Wizard is a hard class to play but that is what makes it fun. That little extra challenge in a fight where you have to know just how to control it because you can't afford to make too many mistakes. You also have to know how far you can push yourself and when you have too run. Other classes(Not sure about archers) have a better time enduring than you. It is a class that requires more skill than others and that is the main reason why most quit before they start to see its power. And as for Barbs outdamaging mages? I have never been KSed by a barb and yes they have tried.
    If we want to argue about elements. Wizards have three. Therefore we hit the weakness of three types of mobs.
    Channeling? Level 59 Sutra. Next few spells are instant cast.
    Like every other class the best are those that take what they have and can push it to the very limit. Now stop looking on the forum. We can talk about this all day, but actions speak louder than words. Get in the game and see thing for yourself.
    Wizard are not a "bad class they are a "hard" class make what you will of that do you consider hard as a good thing or bad thing?

MYSTIC! Nice to see you got rid of your wizard vendetta.
  • Arodnur - Lost City
    Arodnur - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    There is a ongoing debate wether cleric are stronger than mages considering clerics have so many buffs and magic debuffs.

I'll put it straight forward if you don't want to die easy and hit hard be a cleric - you don't have to be a healing cleric you can be attack cleric.

We are the most expencive class in the game.

There is no "ongoing" debate. Just the thousands of people who understand that:

1) Wizards outdamage Clerics

2) Clerics aren't even supposed to be a DD class. They have attack spells because they need to level and defend themselves but in FBs, TW, and pretty much every other situation except world PVP and grinding, a cleric that is doing damage is probably doing it wrong.

Then there is you who seems to have a blockage in some part of your brain which makes you unable to accept it.
    Rundora
  • Xenesis - Lost City
    Xenesis - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It just makes me laugh when i see posts where say that cleric outdmg wizard... Cleric will never outdmg mage cos dnt have undine strike and skills do less dmg b:bye
  • kazekagegaara88
    kazekagegaara88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i only have 1 thing to say...
    for all you people say other classes can outdamage a wiz...you are wrong.
    I do full magic wiz and at lvl 15 i can solo any quests. On my fb i had a cleric, a veno, and a barb. They were at lvl 48-51 and i was 19. At the boss i was doing waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more damage than they were(without magic charm) I am currently lvl 21 and was able to kill lvl 23 monsters for a quests with a minimum of 5 spells. I love using my wiz yes i was a rough start but soon as i hit lvl 15 it got better. It probably get worse again but just gotta wait.

yes and wiz are the highest damage dealing class no matter what anyone says. Look at the numbers...the 4 numbers at lvl 18
    Working on a new sig with pretty photoshop :3
  • Mosa - Harshlands
    Mosa - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    archer hit way harder than a mage but archer is physical (they have magic attacks too) yeah I played an archer to 30 an a mage to 75 and I have to tell you that a mage in 30 struggled a bit more than the archer and lvled less in time and was poorer in money...

yeah archers dont cost money as ppl think you can just buy those arrows for 2 coins a piece and stock them for 5 lvls ahead.
    formerly known as mosabi-heaven's tear..

you know that wizard that kicked your **** b:victory..

now I just own wizards at the new servers b:victory
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    hmmmm
    ya but in the end, wizzes can tear apart a archer(if done correctly).
    No one likes wiz cause its a thinking class. You can just run at a swing a weapon or whatever every move you do counts. All the wizards i met are very intelligent (not saying that anyone is stupid no offense to anyone) and there is one that i watched in amazement(on my old cleric) as he solo'd the fb boss. On my BM i had a cleric a higher lvl than him have difficulty (and died a decent amount of times) beating the mobs that the wiz went through so effortlessly. and im sorry but i only seen archers in plume and elf places. Idk y though but i never saw them anywhere else.

As for cost, you gotta learn what u need and what you dont need(yes yes you dont need that 300k boutique item) if you prioritize what you do you dont need much money. Some other tips are: learn all manufacturing skills and farm so you can make your own stuff. My wiz does blacksmithing so i make my own weapons and tailoring so i make my own clothes but i prefer mob drops cause they have better boosts and extra effects.

I laugh at the better weapons one...a wiz is soooooooo strong u dont need a better weapon b:laugh im sorry that you need decent weapons to deal decent damage but its not the weapon that makes, its the character and your skills. Sooner or later your gonna throw away the weapon so what difference does it make.

its a matter of personal preference but if you want to see some high numbers on your screen go wiz. i nearly peed in my pants when i saw that 1k. i didnt do that with any of my other characters until 25+.

whatever the choice you make though...im sure you have fun playing but make the right choice. I switched classes too many times always avoiding wiz cause everyone says they are horrible yet the wiz is the class i enjoyed the most (not to mention the sweet looking moves).

lol srry for the looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong post
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • deathshadow123
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your wonderful opinions and suggestions.
    Your posts had really changed my mind about wizard
    (i had difficulty choosing btween Wizard and BM is because wizard seems so horrible and hated among other players.)

I think I will try levling my wizard and see if i like it or not.
    Maybe i will also try playing an archer because they seems to do high damage and has higher survivability than a wizard.
    But BM seems to be really good as well.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Every cleric spell with demons spirits gift out damages a mage what don't you understand? go ecatomb compare all the spells and add 220% of weapon damage to the clerics and see for yourself

Undine - 60% less magic defence
    Magic shell - 60% more magic defence
  • deathshadow123
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Every cleric spell with demons spirits gift out damages a mage what don't you understand? go ecatomb compare all the spells and add 220% of weapon damage to the clerics and see for yourself

The reason that i don't prefer clerics are that:
    1. they are healers no matter how much damage they can do
    2. according to you that clerics need to be lv89 with demon skills to outdamage wizards but i am not that kind of serious players who plays 20 hours+ a week.

All i want is a damage class that is easy to level up and can do well in PVP
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    All i want is a damage class that is easy to level up and can do well in PVP
    Archer, wizards don't do well in pvp, especially at lower levels
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • deathshadow123
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Can you tell me some classes that can do well?
  • Mosa - Harshlands
    Mosa - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

no archer is doing very good at the 30s as I see right now all same lvl classes even barbs due to low dex get owned by me.....
    formerly known as mosabi-heaven's tear..

you know that wizard that kicked your **** b:victory..

now I just own wizards at the new servers b:victory
  • Wildstar - Harshlands
    Wildstar - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    For all the downsides of a wizard, I still prefer it over archer :) Once you accept the fact that you are going to die a lot, a wizard is a fun class for pk. Its very challenging and requires you to use strategy but once you hit 60 you can have a lot of fun. For Archers pk is pretty simple and they are expected to be good pkers, but for a wizzy its much more complicated and requires a lot of skill. A good archer pker is very common, but a pking wizard is ownageb:angry

For all the complaining people do about being a wizard, factions still love to recruit them and fb parties love to have them along. In TW their AoE spells and barb killing are pwnage and they are overall very cool looking(both skillwise and character customization). Wizzy girls are the hottest girls there are and I'm not **** so I won't comment on the guys lol.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    PvP I would go either cleric - I'm not gonna explain
    or I would go archer main reason being

You get magic attacks for those lil Bms and barbs

and some Physical attacks for dem robies
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Can you tell me some classes that can do well?
    I responded to your description with "archer". I know they're easy as **** to play in pvp, I have a 44 one myself and killing equal leveled people is usually a joke.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Wildstar - Harshlands
    Wildstar - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I agree with Kristoph.... You want easy pk go with Archer. All you have to fear is a more powerful archer than you. If your interested in something more than easy pk, go with cleric or Wizard.

IMO, the archer class is for all those kiddies who have to kill players 20 levels below themselves so they feel important. If you intend on being an actual pker, pick another class that is actually challenging.
  • Xenesis - Lost City
    Xenesis - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Originally Posted by Mysticlifex

Ask any 90+ cleric if can 1 hit 90+ archer with 1 lvl 89 skill without crit ... then you tell me. Btw if you go Tw or Pk without buffs you are just noob.
  • Optimeau - Heavens Tear
    Optimeau - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    There is no such thing as one class being better than another one.
    All classes are good.
    In a group, squad, faction, all classes are needed.
    And people will often choose a class which matches their personality.

I like the wiz class because it offers a challenge, and there are not that many wizards.

cheers,
    Optimeau
  • deathshadow123
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I responded to your description with "archer". I know they're easy as **** to play in pvp, I have a 44 one myself and killing equal leveled people is usually a joke.

according to your decription archers are very good at pvp and are very easy to play?

Are BM good at pvp cause i have one and they seems to be very good
This discussion has been closed.