Dark Cleric

Granrey - Sanctuary
Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Suggestion Box
After thinking in improving the game by adding classes,I thought it would be simpler to subdivide classes or allow more variety on paths in each class by doing nemesis or counter classes.

In other words, locking players on certain paths after they choose certain skills that will allow countering other players on the same class but in different paths. For instance, a cleric could be a white cleric (our current cleric) or could be a “dark cleric”. The white cleric wants peace and healing while his nemesis wants battle and death.

While,the white cleric wants to heal and resurrect by recovering HP. The dark cleric wants killing and keeping them dead by stealing HP and convert into MP.

The way it would work is that cleric player always has available for purchase level 1 for skills regarding the two paths. However, even though he can have level 1 on both skills, he has to pick the level 2 that will lock in on that skill and not being able to select level 2 on the other one.

This system does not overpower classes since you do not get both skills in full power.

I’m very excited about having a “nemesis” cleric that I want to develop this idea into something more concrete that I will update every now and then so people can give their opinions and suggestions.

Unfortunately, I have only seen what clerics can do but I have not played one yet. Therefore, help from other player would be appreciated.

Ideas for skills for dark cleric:

1) Self sacrifice: this skill requires the cleric to lose some HP to convert it into MP for his own buffs or allies.
2) Enemy sacrifice: same as above but steals enemy HP rather than its own.
3) Friend sacrifice: same as above but it uses allies HP. Why an skill like that? Well, I have been as BM in different situations in which the cleric heals me but I cannot buff for lacking MP, I’m willing to trade some HP for MP since the white cleric will heal me. So, having a white and dark cleric on squad is a good combo.
4) Locking death: this will allow the cleric to stop the other cleric from resurrecting the dark cleric enemies or at least sending them to resurrect to nearest town rather than in the combat zone. This could also be applied for PVE in which mobs start spamming again, this feature would delay spamming.

If a cleric player would like to help in developing these ideas into something more concrete please feel welcome to.

I will later open other treads for nemesis on the other classes too.
Post edited by Granrey - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Ladymisao - Sanctuary
    Ladymisao - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    This is just like an overkill version of the 2nd job change from flyff, except way cooler, but I don't know because a lot of clerics have nice combat spells that makes more combat skills quite a waste in spirit and money. I say let clerics stick with spells and buffs and let them play with their build.
  • Blairewitch - Sanctuary
    Blairewitch - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i think it should just be turned into a new class altogether, and maybe on a new race too
    you have good ideas it's just if you do that to clerics then you'd probably have to do it for every class and i really cant think of what you would do there :)