Cleric=helpless(almost)

Options
Oramium - Lost City
Oramium - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Cleric
Who else thinks that being a cleric without a faction is almost impossible to level? they are so incredibly helpless...especially when the quest make you kill higher level mobs....I have a cleric...dont get me wrong, but it feels like I have to use my guildies to get anything done. what i mean by that is trying to accually hit a creature when my guildy can 1-2 hit it, i just want to feel like im not totally helpless...b:sad
Post edited by Oramium - Lost City on

Comments

• Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Lol, as a cleric I've never had trouble soloing mobs. Maybe it's your build? How do you distribute your stat points?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • Ithiken - Sanctuary
    Ithiken - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    your current lvl is also in the range of lvls that are the MOST difficult for a cleric. Trust me, once you make it out of the 20's, it's smooth sailing from there. And yes, a good build is beneficial to having a good cleric. This game is NOT easy on clerics when it comes to stat point allocation.
    I struggled to start out with myself, but my build was to blame for that. Now fixed, I'm a pure magic build. One of the best types for a support cleric.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Playing a cleric is really easy, I noticed it be be tricky at times but try stacking ironheart blessing oh and if you must get a HP charm.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Waittilli - Lost City
    Waittilli - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It's cake except you use so much mana.

Went through 5 gold mana charms in 2 days.
    What the ****.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    clerics aren't hard to play. level 20 takes you to the worst possible place for someone in arcane robes. broken bow bluff is anti-every that isn't in heavy armor.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    One possible way is to evenly disperse your stats maybe until 25 or so (you can restat them later with a scroll, youll make money enough to buy one for sure) At this lvl putting a whopping load into MAG only wont cut it since the amount of HP you have does not equal out to the attck and how fast you can kill it. Dont be afraid to try different things in the early lvls, you might find interesting findings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Far from helpless, tho it may seam that way in early lvs later on it gets better and better.
    b:dirty
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Em... im not a large ivl but I asked for help only for 2 monters to kill(which were to hard for me alone), but isnt that ok I mean its ''you scrach my back I scrach yours''

My friends also helped me with other misions but that was cause I was lazyb:laugh and wanted to complete them as fast as posible.

Clerics are not imosible to level, aspecialy not at such low ivls, which reminds me do you do misions or not?

(my orthography isnt that good dont judge just read and write baQ)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    clerics aren't hard to play. level 20 takes you to the worst possible place for someone in arcane robes. broken bow bluff is anti-every that isn't in heavy armor.
    It also doesn't help that you have to compete for kills with BMs and venos who usually have the mobs dead before the cleric spells are even activated.

I have a very hard time getting people to squad with me too. >_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • AnimeQT - Lost City
    AnimeQT - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I have had no problems what so ever as a cleric, maybe in the early lvl's because my attacks were crappy and my iron heart stacks werent enough because they werent healing enough but now i can even tank 2-4/5mobs at the same time while stacking iron heart. Also getting squads is piece of cake higher up. Helps to know the right people who does a lot of things for example I'm usually always asked for HH runs, FB runs and Zhen/AOE parties if thats not the case being the first few to say "i'll help, or i wanna come" when asked for FB helps etc they would say yes straight away mainly cuz "hey look a cleric nice" :)
  • LogiK - Lost City
    LogiK - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Here' is a idea that might help you out. It worked for my build. For ever 3 points of magic put two points of vit in. Until you get around the 70 range in vit which is around the 40's. This seems to keep the health above the damage. Also start your casting spell out as iron heart then attack. That will keep you healed while your fighting long enough. Give it a try and trust me you can make it. I did on lost city b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:victoryWe are the center. Noone can change this!b:victory
  • Galens - Dreamweaver
    Galens - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    30 vit
    5 dex
    .5 str each level
    4.5 mag each level

I stopped at 30 vit and have more than enough life to handle soloing. I usually only need 1-2 irons after a monster to keep me up. I do enough damage as-well to 4-5 hit mobs using cyclone first, then plume constantly, because by the time they reach me, the cyclone ends, giving them little life to spare after 3-4 plumes. It all works out. However I cannot solo minibosses, anything else is fair game. Most of the time I draw aggro away from all classes except wizards or FACs.

This is just my personal build, take it as an opinion.

Hybrid Cleric Build.

Btw, don't count on fighting in a squad using this build, you'll be out of mana before the first 3 monsters. You just heal and buff.
  • Nezarifis - Sanctuary
    Nezarifis - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Who else thinks that being a cleric without a faction is almost impossible to level? they are so incredibly helpless...especially when the quest make you kill higher level mobs....I have a cleric...dont get me wrong, but it feels like I have to use my guildies to get anything done. what i mean by that is trying to accually hit a creature when my guildy can 1-2 hit it, i just want to feel like im not totally helpless...b:sad

ive been kicked out of a guild 2 times 1st cuz bias when 3 ppl lied abotu me leavign them dead(2 barbs and 1 veno)and the 2nd cuz i was very inactive...wtf dude!?!?!? thats not fair 2 us clerics r 1 of the poorest classes we get pwned really fast we're practically begging 2 b killed... if this game were rl and all the clerics that all died once we wud b extinct -.-b:angry so PWI has 2 do something thats y im makngi a guild thats rite a cleric making a guild nvr seen that b4 huh? huh?b:angry
  • Nezarifis - Sanctuary
    Nezarifis - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Here' is a idea that might help you out. It worked for my build. For ever 3 points of magic put two points of vit in. Until you get around the 70 range in vit which is around the 40's. This seems to keep the health above the damage. Also start your casting spell out as iron heart then attack. That will keep you healed while your fighting long enough. Give it a try and trust me you can make it. I did on lost city b:victoryb:victoryb:victory

wat do u mean start as iron heart? thats a healnig spell... oooooooooo i get it so when ur taking the damage ur slowly halnig urself thats pretty smart
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ive been kicked out of a guild 2 times 1st cuz bias when 3 ppl lied abotu me leavign them dead(2 barbs and 1 veno)and the 2nd cuz i was very inactive...wtf dude!?!?!?

come to my server and join my faction then b:victory
    thats not fair 2 us clerics r 1 of the poorest classes we get pwned really fast we're practically begging 2 b killed... if this game were rl and all the clerics that all died once we wud b extinct -.-

We don't get pwned very fast believe that just cast ironheart blessing before fighting then.
    so PWI has 2 do something thats y im makngi a guild thats rite a cleric making a guild nvr seen that b4 huh? huh?b:angry

No actually a cleric is a very good guild leader, I am a guild leader. as a cleric we can help out our members more than anyclass as well as we can solo more bosses at a lower level
    (krixxix, dismal eido etc by level 40, yansheng list goes on.)
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I haven't noticed any problems fighting as a solo cleric yet. I just finished the Broken Bow quests after 2 evenings of questing and found out that a lvl 26 cleric can solo Charr... it's quite easy too. lol I'm a pure mag build support cleric so the damage is nice, and an Ironheart or two before attacking goes a long way. lol It also helps that my other character is a lvl 66 wizard, so I have experience soloing as a robe, only I don't have to kite with my cleric. At lower levels I was a kiting **** on my wizard! lol One thing I have noticed is that clerics suck down mp like there's no tomorrow (much like my wizard, maybe more due to Iron before and after fighting), so make sure to have plenty of pots or a mp charm if you can afford it.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It also doesn't help that you have to compete for kills with BMs and venos who usually have the mobs dead before the cleric spells are even activated.

I have a very hard time getting people to squad with me too. >_<

Huh...once I passed 20th the only people that could ks me were archers. Odd.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • AppleBerri - Sanctuary
    AppleBerri - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    b:chuckle I was browsing forums when I came upon some of these posts regarding Clerics. I recently quit another online game I played for 5years. I was a healer, and most of all I did was solo. So far in this game soloing seems fairly easy, and I personally like that. I think Cleric's are more powerfull than people give them credit for. We can fight and heal ourselves which is a great combo. It's about technique, and skills that you learn the more you do it. I also believe that soloing makes you a stronger player for higher level things because you won't be intimadated to act if the situation calls for you to step up and save the day(what cleric wouldn't want to be the hero over the tank, Ha! Ha!)
    So I banish all the nay-sayers thoughts about clerics that can't or shouldn't solo!! You are stronger than you know, POWER TO THE CLERIC!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Conquerored - Lost City
    Conquerored - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    hhmmm interesting
    Clerics are supposed to be teams players....But we can pack a punch toob:bye
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Necro b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    =___________=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    b:chuckle I was browsing forums when I came upon some of these posts regarding Clerics. I recently quit another online game I played for 5years. I was a healer, and most of all I did was solo. So far in this game soloing seems fairly easy, and I personally like that. I think Cleric's are more powerfull than people give them credit for. We can fight and heal ourselves which is a great combo. It's about technique, and skills that you learn the more you do it. I also believe that soloing makes you a stronger player for higher level things because you won't be intimadated to act if the situation calls for you to step up and save the day(what cleric wouldn't want to be the hero over the tank, Ha! Ha!)
    So I banish all the nay-sayers thoughts about clerics that can't or shouldn't solo!! You are stronger than you know, POWER TO THE CLERIC!

Agreed. NO OTHER CLASS CAN REVERSE DEATH. respect teh cleric~
    =O
    me always choose a ranged magic class in mmorpgs. Usually between the healer and the wizard.
    (^.^)

also being a cleric is easy. (O.o)
    It's almost as easy as being a wizard. xD (only theres a mana problem.) T.T

@Conquerored: darn it~ you make me sad hamster.
    DX me am asking don't necro please. X_x'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ColdSteele - Lost City
    ColdSteele - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well, personally with every character/class I've played, I've rarely quested/participated with guild other than HH and chatting. I pick up random squads for BH and I pick up random ppl who have to kill the same mob as me for a quest, no matter what class I'm playing at the moment. For a cleric I would probly say find a good barb or bm around your lvl and go aoe grind with them/quest with them. Good luck and hope I helped.
    It's too bad but "free to play, pay to win"-sckye

These "updates" are seeming more and more like downgrades.

aryannamage: Not PWE GM's they are all greedy b:angry
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Wow, that has to be the most irrelevant necro post I've ever seen o_O Closed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.