To Max or not to max? An archer's dillema

Dunergo - Sanctuary
Dunergo - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Archer
I've been getting mixed messages from the forums. Should I max out Frost Arrow? And which should I max out? Aim Low or Stunning Arrow? Is StormRage Eagleon Worth Maxing? Should I leave barrage of arrows and Winged bledge at level 1?

Please and thank yous.b:bye
Post edited by Dunergo - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I've been getting mixed messages from the forums. Should I max out Frost Arrow? And which should I max out? Aim Low or Stunning Arrow? Is StormRage Eagleon Worth Maxing? Should I leave barrage of arrows and Winged bledge at level 1?

Please and thank yous.b:bye

yes both no yes(debatable) no
  • Dunergo - Sanctuary
    Dunergo - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    yes both no yes(debatable) no

So what Im hearing is
    MAX Frost Arrow
    DONT MAX Aim Low and Stunning Arrow
    MAYBE MAX Stormrage Eagleon
    LEAVE AT LEVEL ONE: Barrage of arrows and Winged Pledge

What level should I leave Aim Law/Stunning arrow at then if I shouldnt max it?

Or did you mean

MAX Frost Arrow
    MAX BOTH Aim low and Stunning Arrow
    LEAVE AT LEVEL ONE Stormrage Eagleon
    LEAVE AT LEVEL ONE Barrage of Arrows
    MAX Winged Pledge? (Isnt Winged pledge the melee skill)
  • Eagle - Harshlands
    Eagle - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I believe what he said is:
    Max: Frost Arrow.
    Max: Stunning Arrow and Aim Low.
    Do not lvl: Stormrage Eglon. (or whatever the **** its called)
    Debatable/Do Max: Barrage of Arrows. (If you TW this is a must)
    Do not lvl: Winged Pledge.

Is that right?
    You can never escape me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CrimsonScyth - Lost City
    CrimsonScyth - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    only thing that can go wrong is if you upgrade knockback arrow which should always be left at 1 to save mana. another skill like that is barrage of arrows.

barrage of arrows is only really important for two things. tws and zhen. definitely leave it at 1 unless you are absolutely sure you will never ever zhen.

skills you mentioned that should be maxed- stunning arrow, aim low
    wingspan i would max, winged pledge.. i would use the spirit to max more important skills first.

stormrage eaglehorn is rubbish..takes up two precious sparks. dont learn.

frost arrow...its my opener in pve. i didnt max it for mana economy while grinding but the choice is up to you.
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    only thing that can go wrong is if you upgrade knockback arrow which should always be left at 1 to save mana. another skill like that is barrage of arrows.

barrage of arrows is only really important for two things. tws and zhen. definitely leave it at 1 unless you are absolutely sure you will never ever zhen.

skills you mentioned that should be maxed- stunning arrow, aim low
    wingspan i would max, winged pledge.. i would use the spirit to max more important skills first.

stormrage eaglehorn is rubbish..takes up two precious sparks. dont learn.

frost arrow...its my opener in pve. i didnt max it for mana economy while grinding but the choice is up to you.

Hes pretty much covered it all. Most archers leave barrage at lv 1 up to 89 then if you dont plan on doing any zhenning to 99/100 max it if u do then you should leave it at level one. If you zhen with mages they may qq about your zhen being low level so level it to 2/3 or just lie and say its 4. At level 1 our zhen consumes more mana per second than cleric blue/red zhen and level 10 mage zhen. They just dont get how expensive zhenning is for archers.

Stun, Aim low, Winged pledge they are excellent skills and you should max when u can but they really arent needed for pve so you can leave them low until u have spare coin/spirit.

Eageloen is the biggest load of **** invented. At max its 11k metal damage over 30 seconds. It ticks every 3 seconds so this is 1k metal per tick, pvp reduces damage by 75% so it becomes 250 damage per 3 second tick at lv 86 which is when u can max it. At lvl 86 melee light classes have 4k hp+ and melee classes have at least 6.5k hp. You tell me what 250 every 3 seconds is gonna do and at 2 sparks per cast its just not worth it.

Frost gives more slow time when u level it which is great in terms of pve and since this, along with blazing arrow(max) and knockback(leave lvl1), is your main pve skill you should max it
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Eagle - Harshlands
    Eagle - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    frost arrow...its my opener in pve.

O.o How does a BM get Frost Arrow? Lmao! Who are you really?
    You can never escape me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]