Archer's accuracy

Meristem - Sanctuary
Meristem - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Archer
Why archers miss so much? At least that happens to me... I miss a lot mobs which I get over 98% hit rate... Actually, to be honest, I already missed the snowmen from event, rams and horses (mobs which I suppose have 100% hit rate). It is rare to kill one mob not missing at least once... I already missed 3 times in a row. I got an Unicorn thinking on missing less, and even with over 5k accuracy I still miss a lot =/
And not to mention missing 50-100 evasion robe users...
Is that just me?

(I remenber seeing a thread about this subject like 3 months ago, but by that time I was lv 10 and just ignored it and now I could not find it again...)
Post edited by Meristem - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Link - Lost City
    Link - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    lol I miss a lot of people too ( even robe classes -.-) and that with 3.2k accuracyb:surrender. It happens sometimes depends on your luck, it's just like with crit i have 26% crit rate and i was grinding, i didn't crit for over 5minsb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    accuracy helps but the % displayed on the mob seems like bs, idk what it is with the luck
  • Mycerinus - Harshlands
    Mycerinus - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i have the same problem ( tho im low lv) and it pisses me off alot >_< my lv 7x bm doesnt miss this much wtf
  • Meristem - Sanctuary
    Meristem - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i have the same problem ( tho im low lv) and it pisses me off alot >_< my lv 7x bm doesnt miss this much wtf

yah... i realized the same when i made a lv 20 one...
    i mean, we are suppose to not miss, or rarely miss... but seems barbs miss less than us -.-
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Why archers miss so much? At least that happens to me... I miss a lot mobs which I get over 98% hit rate...

I think we miss because we have to make so many shots. Your chance for missing once, if you shoot ten times with "98% accuracy", will be somewhere between 14% and 22%.

In other words, 98% would be your "hit chance" for one shot. And 98% can mean anything between 97.5% and 98.5%. But even if you hit once you can miss with your next shot.
  • Mycerinus - Harshlands
    Mycerinus - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    but since archers have high dmg they dont need a lot of shots to kill a mob/person. as few shots as they need + highest dex class in the game, archers shouldn't hardly ever miss
  • Dunergo - Sanctuary
    Dunergo - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    but since archers have high dmg they dont need a lot of shots to kill a mob/person. as few shots as they need + highest dex class in the game, archers shouldn't hardly ever miss

I long for the day when an Archer class in any game gets to use an assault rifle as a weapon....Just putting it out there.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    where it gets booboo is when u miss an important shot, like sharpened tooth on a boss. 15s later and its not very relevant anymore.

honestly i think the shots that take channeling need to not miss...aim for 4s and whoops!
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    where it gets booboo is when u miss an important shot, like sharpened tooth on a boss. 15s later and its not very relevant anymore.

honestly i think the shots that take channeling need to not miss...aim for 4s and whoops!

did 2 tt runs, had 98% and it missed both runs on same boss,some mobs are evillll ?
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    accuracy and evasion is an irrelevant number on the monsters action window. monsters that have 100% evasion have hit me before, and level 110 mobs with 1% hit i've done damage to before(poking bosses is fun..).

snowmen has done damage to me before. and i've missed more than 8 shots in a row that that bow i was using. complete bs. the real hit rate, no matter what it says, is 50%. i don't care if you have 10,000 accuracy, you have a 50% chance to miss. 9x archer missed a stun shot and his deadly shot on me.
  • Msnaifou - Lost City
    Msnaifou - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    mbrunestud wrote: »

that would be sweet
  • Avengermkii - Heavens Tear
    Avengermkii - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think the archers miss is the target's hit rate and evasion. If you get a lot of dex just for the accuracy then I understand. IT happens because if you let the archer not miss for the whole time then it's unbalanced and seems a bit unfair with the melee characters.