Which Server?

cruiserrr
cruiserrr Posts: 11 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
im new and just wondering, whats the most popular server with most people, because i want to be in a populated server.

can somone tell me from most to lowest.

Thanks
Post edited by cruiserrr on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The server with the highest population is Heavens Tear. Sanctuary isn't far behind. Lost City doesn't have all that many, Harshlands has even less and Dreamweaver is the same as harsh.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • cruiserrr
    edited March 2009
    ok ty, is heavin tear and santuary still going to become more and more, with the new servers out?
  • Mr_jingle - Sanctuary
    Mr_jingle - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The older servers are always going to have more coming but some do leave to start in new server. In the end, they all going to be very populated so best to choose one that has best ping for you.
  • cruiserrr
    edited March 2009
    oh ok, ty , ill stick to santuary, cause sinse the new ones out santuary feels.. empty
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Actually Sanctuary was hit alot heavier by the recent money glitch bug then Heaven's Tear was. As such i believe many more were driven to flee the server for the new ones then from Heaven's Tear. From what i understand sanctuary still has 125-130k coin per gold prices on the Auction, while Heaven's Tear has been back to 100-105k coin per gold for a while.

I say all this because Heaven's Tear will probably maintain a larger population for a while until Sanctuary finally reverts back to its normal economy. In addition, HT just having the better gold prices will make it easier to obtain boutique items for coin as a benefit to playing on that server.
  • aerialdragoon
    aerialdragoon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So you can say that HeavenTear's is the right server to play on if it goes about the most players on the server? b:shutup
  • oznig
    oznig Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    As a previous poster said, after a couple weeks they will all be pretty heavily populated. I wont really matter what server you play on. Just choose between PvP or PvE, and what has the best ping for you and go from there.

Dont be put off by the lack of parties from level 1 to 20 though. The game seems to be easily soloable until your first FB, then it gets a little tougher.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    oznig wrote: »
    As a previous poster said, after a couple weeks they will all be pretty heavily populated. I wont really matter what server you play on. Just choose between PvP or PvE, and what has the best ping for you and go from there.

This is how you should judge the server to play on.

Bear in mind, the choice between PvP and PvE is difficult.

The PvE servers often attract people with over-inflated ego's and a superiority complex.

The PvP server can attract the same people - however, these are usually the people who quit the server and whine on the forums about being PK'ed by one random red guy.

So its really dependent on your personality. If you want to believe that you're the best and percieve victory all the time - go to the PvE servers where that can happen.

If you're fine with loosing, and fine with realizing that perhaps you need to change how you behave around other players - then the PvP server is your choice.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    This is how you should judge the server to play on.

Bear in mind, the choice between PvP and PvE is difficult.

The PvE servers often attract people with over-inflated ego's and a superiority complex.

The PvP server can attract the same people - however, these are usually the people who quit the server and whine on the forums about being PK'ed by one random red guy.

So its really dependent on your personality. If you want to believe that you're the best and percieve victory all the time - go to the PvE servers where that can happen.

If you're fine with loosing, and fine with realizing that perhaps you need to change how you behave around other players - then the PvP server is your choice.

Um, who are the ones with the huge egos and superiority complex? Here is the general chat from pvp server players.

"We are better than anyone because we play in a pvp server."
    "PvE is for wimps pvp is all that matters you all suck if you don't play pvp we'll kill you all"
    "You play on a pve server what you say doesn't matter, get lost."

Sounds like its the other way around to me.
    Main characters
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Um, who are the ones with the huge egos and superiority complex? Here is the general chat from pvp server players.

"We are better than anyone because we play in a pvp server."
    "PvE is for wimps pvp is all that matters you all suck if you don't play pvp we'll kill you all"
    "You play on a pve server what you say doesn't matter, get lost."

Sounds like its the other way around to me.
    I think so too lol. To be honest, Ive seen more sigs of PvP server pple putting down PvE's (cant beleive they even take the time to PUT it in there in the first place but yeah), that itself is a ego and superiority complex, I cant imagine how they are in the actual game itself.

As for servers, if you want an equal chance with gear, money, etc. try a new server. If your fine with those things and want a server that is more 'set up', older servers are better. Looking how the economy acted when the gold rush problem occured, Heavens Tear server seems more decent PvE wise.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think so too lol. To be honest, Ive seen more sigs of PvP server pple putting down PvE's (cant beleive they even take the time to PUT it in there in the first place but yeah), that itself is a ego and superiority complex, I cant imagine how they are in the actual game itself.

As for servers, if you want an equal chance with gear, money, etc. try a new server. If your fine with those things and want a server that is more 'set up', older servers are better. Looking how the economy acted when the gold rush problem occured, Heavens Tear server seems more decent PvE wise.

If you notice, all those threads where PvP players go on the offensive - are threads where PvE players have actively claimed to be the best and or mistated facts surrounding PvP.

Unfortunately Zoe would know best as he/she/it has been misstating facts for quite awhile now.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Yes you wish. How is it all the time?

"You're just a bunch of carebears that don't know anything."

Non stop insults and you say we start it? They never stopped!

I don't misstate facts. I present them as they are, facts. The main problem is that humans are terrified of the truth, so they talk like YOU.

Pvp players started their **** before the game even came online! Not hard to figure out why lost city is so underpopulated.
    Main characters
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    **Plants my great big ego right in front of everybody and points it out... look isn't it beautiful? so shiny and powerful. Why.. I'm just a Goddess amongst worms!**

Actually, I've seen more PVP players putting down PVE players than the other way around. By far.

Go back and scroll through the forums for a while and take note. Always someone from the PvP server busting into a topic with some comment like "your just carebears, what you say doesn't matter so stfu, come to a real server" blah blah.

Don't believe me? Do your research. PvE players don't start firing back at people on the PvP server until one of YOU opens your mouth and starts being an ****.

Sadly, it's often enough that PvE players generally look at PvP players as Neanderthals and ignore them for the most part.

You have a few brilliant posters who make sound arguments and contribute well to threads/topics but you also have some who seem to have an IQ smaller than their shoe size.. to be fair though.. some people from PvE servers ain't much better.

~Saitada
  • Gesar - Lost City
    Gesar - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    im the first one from pvp server to post on this topic.... where the hell r those "pvp server guys" to go on offensive? only u guys talking.... alone... about stuff thats not important... guy asked which server and right away U start offensive... but yeah... pvp guys have complex... right...
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    THIS THREAD ISN'T BIG ENOUGH FOR MY EGGO AND EVERYONE ELSE!!!111

This was about Eggos, right? I thought I saw something about Eggos in here somewhere.

I like me some Eggos in the morning!

AND STAY AWAY FROM MY EGGOS, OR ELSE THIS CUTE BUNNY GETS IT!!!111

Why does this bunny have vicious fangs? Why is it attacking me?

AHHHH

*Runs off screaming with a mad bunny in pursuit*

HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*looks around*

Oh good, lost the bunny! b:pleased

Oh, egos...everyone has one...some just don't keep it in check near often enough...and let it write checks they can't cash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If you're new and going to join anytime soon then I suggest you go to one of the new servers.
    Btw in time you will learn NEVER to listen to anything zoe says, she claims you mustbe able to commit real life murder if you are a PVPer.
    You can also look thru old PVP topics and notice she has absolutely NO IDEA of PWI pvp, Zoe feel free to reply and prove me wrong.
    I'll just dig some of your old posts for everyone's amusement b:laugh
    Lessie I'm overthrowing you as zoe's fan # 1 b:cute
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Oh you are just mad that I know how to win without using most of my skills and don't need to back attack and such. Keep crying its fun watching you do that.
    Main characters
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    im the first one from pvp server to post on this topic.... where the hell r those "pvp server guys" to go on offensive? only u guys talking.... alone... about stuff thats not important... guy asked which server and right away U start offensive... but yeah... pvp guys have complex... right...
    your the first to post with a character that isn't a no name/no server given alt. There is a slight difference, and if you scroll up to and read angellicdeity's posts their tone and metre suggest they are from a PvP server. Particularly this post. I would say that, other than hiding behind a no name/no server alt, that they are from a PvP server based on the statements they made.

So..... What do you think?

~Saitada
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    Oh you are just mad that I know how to win without using most of my skills and don't need to back attack and such. Keep crying its fun watching you do that.

Yeah you're so pro that's why the very HT ppl call you a no-name and ask you to stop posting in pvp discussions rite?
    Funny how you didnt address the RL murder = requirement to PK online part :)

Come on zoe, I need new fail quotes coz I stole this one from another player's sig.
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    THIS THREAD ISN'T BIG ENOUGH FOR MY EGGO AND EVERYONE ELSE!!!111

My ego is bigger than your ego, and and and....

~S
    edited March 2009
    My ego is bigger than your ego, and and and....

~S

But my Eggo is tastier with syrup and butter and and strawberries! MMMM...eggos... b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    But my Eggo is tastier with syrup and butter and and strawberries! MMMM...eggos... b:pleased
    roflmao I totally missed that! *steals yer Eggo's* HAH!

~S
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If you ever played on Oracle server you would know why free pvp is bad for this game. Maybe what situation wont happen on the PWI pvp servers because the big pvp guaild arn't run by asshats, but who knows. Its guarenteed not to happen on a pve server though, cos theres no such thing as being kos if you choose not to be.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    In the end, open pvp with players that have no clue how to play their classes properly, ends up with a very bad pvp game. Pvp in this game is no fun its just boring. Plus as the above poster said, TWs are totally ruined in pvp servers.
    Main characters
  • Ownt - Lost City
    Ownt - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Seems to me, players on pvp servers will have to know how to play their classes well in order to do well, yes? You don't win a pvp fight by spamming your default attack like you do on mobs.
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    If you ever played on Oracle server you would know why free pvp is bad for this game. Maybe what situation wont happen on the PWI pvp servers because the big pvp guaild arn't run by asshats, but who knows. Its guarenteed not to happen on a pve server though, cos theres no such thing as being kos if you choose not to be.

The pvp situation can be bad , few pkers gank on lowbies sometimes for rank kills.
    Those are usually hated by most of the server and kos'd, what bothers me from pve is end game content and lack of excitement.
    Cant KOS if they dont let me kill them, cant go pk after 9x, just grind grind grind.
    That may be your style, but it sure aint mine b:surrender
    In the end, open pvp with players that have no clue how to play their classes properly, ends up with a very bad pvp game. Pvp in this game is no fun its just boring. Plus as the above poster said, TWs are totally ruined in pvp servers.

Says the HT fail veno (read sig for a famous quote), you dont play on pvp servers so dont guess what end-game pvp players are like or how good/bad open pvp is.
    Specially after you show your ignorance on basic class mechanics (pets are for noobs, cleric heal is for noobs, bm stun is for noobs, lvl 30 molded equips ftw, using ur class advantage means u suck, must murder IRL to be a good online pker, etc.)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
    edited March 2009
    roflmao I totally missed that! *steals yer Eggo's* HAH!

~S

LEGGO MY EGGO! b:cry

Note: I was stuck admining a forum for several months that had 12 year olds on it...and picked up some bad habits. <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Killing players without using your advantages is the best way to prove you are better at pvp. If they use them and you don't and you win anyway, you show your superiority.

Lack of high level content? There is plenty. Maxing out every single skill to level 11, 200k rep, more levels to gain. Events, more dungeons that aren't added yet. I've been high level on PW-MY, was boring. Pk was boring as all heck. I'm having much more fun when I don't have to deal with it.

I can take my time to level, I don't need to spend money on charms or guardian angels, I don't need obsessively refined gear, (I run on +3 just fine right now) and I don't have to deal with people like you. =P
    Main characters
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    Killing players without using your advantages is the best way to prove you are better at pvp. If they use them and you don't and you win anyway, you show your superiority.
    So venos killing without pets r pros, mages without magic, archers without crit, bms without stun.
    Nah, knowing how to use ur class advantages to overcome other classes is pro, this game has different races for a reason.
    That's too hard for you to understand or so it seems, just like online PKing =/= real life murder is too hard for you b:laugh
    Lack of high level content? There is plenty. Maxing out every single skill to level 11, 200k rep, more levels to gain. Events, more dungeons that aren't added yet. I've been high level on PW-MY, was boring. Pk was boring as all heck. I'm having much more fun when I don't have to deal with it.
    Most of that traduces into: GRIND MORE and FB MORE, no ty had plenty of it by 9x.
    I highly doubt someone who cant tell the difference between online virtual player killing and real life murder ever had pvp experience in other server.
    I can take my time to level, I don't need to spend money on charms or guardian angels, I don't need obsessively refined gear, and I don't have to deal with people like you. =P
    Never asked never cared.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Fine lets see what happens when you all sit around level 100 and I'm 150.

Also, if a veno can kill you without a pet, they can kill 2 of you at once if they use one.
    Main characters