Gold Buyers' Obsession with Gold HP/MP Charms

Ripokeke - Sanctuary
Ripokeke - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
recently i have saved up enough coins to give a shot at a legendary pet. been trying to buy battle pet packs from gold buyers at 50k to 60k each.

what shocked me was the mass amount of players with the inability to do mathematics! b:shocked

those who already bought the charms with gold, and sell for 400k each, i have nothing to say. (just buy from them and resell for 450k each b:victory )

but it is those with the gold/zen, looking for gold hp charm buyers, willing to sell for 400k each and refusing to sell me battle pet packs at 60k each, that icks me.

4gold = 8 battle pet packs = 60k X 8 = 500k ingame coins.

that's extra 100k right before them, and they don't have to spend another 10mins looking for charm buyers.

this is what i cannot simply understand... does clicking 7 more times, using 7 seconds more so difficult? or a 10min spam on trade chat, selling cheaper and no one buying easier?

last one i asked, why he won't sell me battle pet packs at 55k each when he is willing to sell gold hp charm for 439k each? his answer, " i can sell battle pet packs in west arch for 70k each". b:angry

mind u if u don't know maths. 55k each = 440k for 4 gold.

ain't humans getting more and more clever?
Post edited by Ripokeke - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    They are just trying to scam you or get the most out of the packs.

There's plenty of noobs who will pay those prices.
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    60x8=500 b:chuckleb:question
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009

b:chuckle.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    last one i asked, why he won't sell me battle pet packs at 55k each when he is willing to sell gold hp charm for 439k each? his answer, " i can sell battle pet packs in west arch for 70k each". b:angry
    Hmm... I don't understand why this upsets you.

I have a bunch of items I trade, and some are more profitable than others. For some I make back a slim 25% profit, while for others I make back a whopping 150%.

Now, I'm still willing to sell the 25% profit items, but if you asked me to mark down my 150% profit items to 25%, I'd probably just laugh and politely decline.

If the seller knows he can get 70k for a battle pack, then why wouldn't he sell it for 70k? The fact that the charm market is more competitive and the profits slimmer than the battle pack market is irrelevant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009

I have a bunch of items I trade, and some are more profitable than others. For some I make back a slim 25% profit, while for others I make back a whopping 150%.

Now, I'm still willing to sell the 25% profit items, but if you asked me to mark down my 150% profit items to 25%, I'd probably just laugh and politely decline.

If the seller knows he can get 70k for a battle pack, then why wouldn't he sell it for 70k? The fact that the charm market is more competitive and the profits slimmer than the battle pack market is irrelevant.
    The point is that this is for someone with a bunch of gold they're trying to turn into ingame coin, without paying the AH fee.

If you have 4 gold you can get 8 battle pet packs, or 1 gold charm.

They can buy a gold charm for 4 gold, sell for 440k.
    They can buy 8 pet packs for 4 gold, sell for 60k each gives 60k*8=480k.

So the OP is wondering why they'd rather get 440k for 4 gold, than 480k for 4 gold.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    because they bought 1 billion charms when the charm packs still existed, and now they are making plenty money even at 440k
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Doubt any charms from then still exist.
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    tatakairyu wrote: »
    Doubt any charms from then still exist.

Yup agreed. If u grind at higher lvls a gold charm only lasts 3-4 hours of pure grinding depending on if u have lvld ur skills as much as u could.
  • Ripokeke - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    YES!! someone who knows maths! but i bet u don't buy zen than... haiz...
    because they bought 1 billion charms when the charm packs still existed, and now they are making plenty money even at 440k
    no, those i asked are those with boutique gold, not charms.

yes, IF THAT IS the problem. different demands warrant different prices. but it's not.

if ur purpose is to exchange gold for coins, why would u WANT to settle for less when u have a potiential buyer who is willing to pay 16% more for each boutique gold?

if ur purpose is to help others by getting gold cheap, why no one wants to help me get a hercules...? b:sadb:cry

are venos really such a hated class? something needs to be done...
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    the real answer: buy the SOF and feathers for as near as 2k as u can directly from catshops. The battle packs are chancey with those stupid 10 item's.
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    the real answer: buy the SOF and feathers for as near as 2k as u can directly from catshops. The battle packs are chancey with those stupid 10 item's.

I disagree with that. I like to buy battle pet packs. Got both my Herc and Phoenix from opening pet packs and I average about 1.7k per SoF/Feather. I bought my gold pretty cheap at 100k per on Sanctuary. So, if you can find people selling for 100k per gold, buy packs!
    edited March 2009
    yes, IF THAT IS the problem. different demands warrant different prices. but it's not.
    OK, re-reading what you wrote, I understand what's happening now.

You're right, the seller's logic does not make sense. Sometimes people who don't think clearly can be quite profitable, but in your case their illogic isn't helping you out!

Frankly, I don't know why anybody would be willing to sell me an HP charm for 400k, when I know that at current Sanctuary gold prices they could have 450k from the Auction House instead... but that's what they do... *shrugs*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waittilli - Lost City
    Waittilli - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    What were charm packs?
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    What were charm packs?

They never existed xD. They were never meant to be "permanent additions". b:shutup

Ripokeke, do you try telling them how they are losing out on profit? Or does the frustration force you to BlackList them ;D?
  • Ladyselene - Heavens Tear
    Ladyselene - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    maybe it would be cheaper to buy gold from auctioneer? not sure gold prices on your server though. on HT gold charms sell for 350k each
    [SIGPIC]http://i43.tinypic.com/x549ac.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Friends are like stars, you dont have to see them to know they are there

We can't call people without wings angels, so we call them friends instead

Friends are the roses of life: pick them carefully and avoid the thorns
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    maybe it would be cheaper to buy gold from auctioneer? not sure gold prices on your server though. on HT gold charms sell for 350k each

Valentine's Day Gold Massacre have them at 450kish... thanks for the roll-back PWI b:thanks.
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Speaking of prices....What is up with people charging 30-35-$45,000 for flying swords and wave pacers. Requisite levels are level 30. At level 30 you get the art of flight quest and recieve the first flying mount for free. Replacements after that cost $20000 each. I think its funny to see a cat shop with a bunch of those things for sale. I always leave a message for those people also......Recluse $20k!!! Nuff said
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    rsin wrote: »
    Speaking of prices....What is up with people charging 30-35-$45,000 for flying swords and wave pacers. Requisite levels are level 30. At level 30 you get the art of flight quest and recieve the first flying mount for free. Replacements after that cost $20000 each. I think its funny to see a cat shop with a bunch of those things for sale. I always leave a message for those people also......Recluse $20k!!! Nuff said
    Because they scam people who don't know you can get them from a quest, so they buy them because they're much cheaper than cash shop wings and they want to fly.
  • oznig
    oznig Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yea because people generally are stupid. Just like the players who sell ragged fur and buddas hands in catshops for 500 to 1000 coins. If there were no buyers, there'd be no sellers.
  • Ripokeke - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    They never existed xD. They were never meant to be "permanent additions". b:shutup

Ripokeke, do you try telling them how they are losing out on profit? Or does the frustration force you to BlackList them ;D?
    yes, i'm trying to tell those who buy boutique gold, there are many alternatives, other than gold hp/mp charms that sells. and u don't have to be shouting with 2-3 people selling the same thing at the same time, cutting ur losses.

i don't blacklist people, i just want them to know of this win-win situation..
    yes, if only they are sold at 2k a piece. every cat shop i saw put them up for 2.5k at least. although it is "chancey", but i still get 2k a piece on average. (imma bad luck)
    edited March 2009
    rsin wrote: »
    The first pacer isn't free. It requires you to cash in 10 Dull Claws, which are hard to come by and thus worth at least 30,000.

I remember somebody once leaving me a "Recluse 20k" message when I was selling a Wave Pacer for 26,000. Generally speaking, as a seller, we find those kinds of messages funny. We know how much the item actually sells for, so it's funny to see people who have no idea how much the item is really worth "informing" us of something we already know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The first pacer isn't free. It requires you to cash in 10 Dull Claws, which are hard to come by and thus worth at least 30,000.

At level 30, those will be dropped by the mobs being killed for quests, so, if they are being done at level it won't cost them anything. They only cost near that much if bought from a cat shop.

So the first wave pacer is actually free if you collect what you need as you quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]