Pets afraid of water.

starofhope
starofhope Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Venomancer
Has any other veno besides me learned to hate the swamp area?

As soon as my pet steps in water he despawns ...usually leaving a mad monster charging at me b:surrender
It has me praying for the day I get out of these horid swamps.

It's just so crazy to watch my pet step in a "puddle" and leave.b:chuckle
Post edited by starofhope on

Comments

• Hakuen - Heavens Tear
    Hakuen - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Is your pet a land pet? Land pets can't go into the water, so duh they can't fight for you.
  • starofhope
    edited March 2009
    Lol ya its a land pet but the water is too shallow for a water pet.
    Would just get a fail summon message if I tried.
    Its only about ankle deep in most deeper spots.

Its just so funny and sad at the same time.
  • Semyezza - Heavens Tear
    Semyezza - Heavens Tear Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I usually tried to stay on land myself, while my Golem fought things in the shallow waters of the Swamp. But as soon as both my Golem and I were in said waters, he'd despawn, and yes, like you, I got a pissed off monster coming for my hide.

Just try to keep yourself on land as much as you can, and you'll be fine. It doesn't matter that your pet is in the water, just as long as you aren't. =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I. LIKE. TO. KILL. THINGS."
    - Richard the Warlock, LFG.

visit my gallery on !! quelfish.deviantart.com !!
  • starofhope
    edited March 2009
    Ah thanks I will try that . I never noticed if it was only when I steped in the water. Its a whole lot easier to watch my position than my pets. b:thanks

I swear he has a mind of his own and it seems to want to find new ways to try and kill me... oh well he was a mob at one point as well before becoming a pet b:chuckle
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think the swamps are meant to keep the high level Veno population to a minimum. Working as intended >.>

Happiest day of my PWI life was when I never had to go back there again.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I just ended up using my air pet for a lot of those quests.
    Of course then you need to be flying and send your pet down at the mobs, otherwise you will get to enjoy the bug where it gets stuck on terrain.

Perfect world. Yeah right.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    just stay on firm ground.. or leap to get from patch of land to patch of land ... and the pet doesnt disapear.

the golem would have water up to its soulders.. and figts on.
    the Rabbit.. should he needs to breathe.. would have drown many times over ;)

Herc.. basic infantryman .. kill kill kill ... ( ho there was water ?? )
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • redonyou
    redonyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yes, I learned it's Hercules' single fault, his fear of rusting. I try not to laugh or make fun of him for it though.

What I usually do in the swamp though is find a spot near some dry land and switch his attack from auto to manual, cast on something that's in the water then back up and send my pet in to attack once the monster gets on land.

It takes a little longer this way than if I was just grinding on land mobs but it worked great when I was killing hydrolaces.
  • Sabai - Heavens Tear
    Sabai - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I tried keeping on land, in the murk even air pets would sink. (I never used them from the air myself, maybe that would work) I just found through trial and error, certain areas of the swamp the pet wont sink so often and only hunted in those locations. It didn't really matter visual wet or dry land since
    I could summon the pet in water as well.
    Think of the swamp water like this, "it's full of very small deep holes", anytime you or your pet gets a foot in one, they go away. You can't see the holes so you wont know when you step in one.

Trial and error will map out the swamp of holes for you it's just a real major pain but don't let it slow you down too much hopping from place to place for 5 levels is as slow as re summoning. It's a very good time to duo the swamp is ^^ GL hope that helps