- 1 STR
- 1 VIT

Is right this kind of distribution?
Post edited by Shanley - Lost City on

Comments

• Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    For a pure built archer you add 1 STR and 4DEX each lvl. This way you do max dmg, have the max possible crit amount at your lvl and you have enough str to wear the light armor for your lvl.

Adding MAG is a pointless waste.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shinoda
    shinoda Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I agree with Nevermore, MAG is a waste of stats. But my build (the one I use anyways) is an hybrid, since ive found it better for TW and mass pvp.
  • Telarika - Lost City
    Telarika - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I put my points in as such:

2 dex
    1 every thing else
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Archers should never add MAG points and you need atleast 1 STR per level to wear the latest light armor. Id recomment atleast 3 points to DEX per level and use the last one in VIT or DEX

so either:

1 str
    4 dex

--OR--

1 str
    3 dex
    1 vit
  • Andaer - Lost City
    Andaer - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Archers should never add MAG points and you need atleast 1 STR per level to wear the latest light armor. Id recomment atleast 3 points to DEX per level and use the last one in VIT or DEX

so either:

1 str
    4 dex

--OR--

1 str
    3 dex
    1 vit

QFT. MAG is a waste. Your archer will be 10 times better if you invest those attributes you put into MAG into say DEX, STR, or VIT
  • achika
    achika Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    IMO, max dex is best. Archers are a class built for dps..lowering there dps for anything is a pointless waste of time. get good at managing your heiro and running you'll live and stuill put out maximum damage when needed.

Build I currently use. 1 str, 4 dex. At higher levels I might drop str for dex use lowered armor and just get the str level for highest weapon. Then go for max possible crit rate, the job of the archer is too eliminate targets quickly and not let them turtle up and live through their heiro.
  • viennachan
    viennachan Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    if u have max dex, just be lucky not to be hit :)
  • Auranthalias - Sanctuary
    Auranthalias - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I find that 1 Str and 4 dex at the beginning is the best. Yes, you will be a glass cannon, but you will learn to manage. Also about late teens or early twenties, you should be getting some armor that may be socketed. You can apply stones for health. With that and winged shell, I'm leveling fine.
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Vit doesnt have that much more survivability and u end up hitting sooo soft. Tbh archers that go vit build are ignored in mass pvp and TW because your damage just isnt high enough to be bothered about. A certain guild leader on lost city for example used to be ignored even tho he had some of the best gear on the server simply because he was full con and dealt no damage. Since he restat to pure hes become a huge factor in every fight.

Iv posted this in another thread but will repost so u all see it.

If you put all your spare points (99) into vit at level 100 you would have 105 base vit, for an archer that is 1287 hp in return u lose 5% crit 792 acc 594 dodge and if u are only using a 90hh weapon 1.6k pattck (this would be much more with a high refined hh99 or 8jun weapon). There is no reason to sacrifice damage, accuracy and crit the life-blood of archers for 1287 hp which u can get from gear anyway.

Putting points into magic is a waste and you should never do this. Also never add more than the base 1 str per level needed for your armor as it does nothing for you.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • CrimsonScyth - Lost City
    CrimsonScyth - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    for an archer build one thing is a given. never put any points in magic. absolutely useless. many high lvl archers restat their magic points to 3 (the absolute minimum) to free up more points for dex. heck i even restatted my vit to 3.

i recommend pure dex. 4dex 1 str at every level. not only is your dps the most important aspect of an archer, many other things can boost your hp: hp gems(4 per armor piece) and refining FIVE different pieces of armor whereas upgrading your weapon and equipping rings are the only ways of boosting your attack.

it also allows you to grind much faster. at lvl 7x 8x i kill mobs with just 1 frost arrow and subsequent normal attacks before they have a chance to hit me.

leave the tanking to barbs
  • ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear
    ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Vit doesnt have that much more survivability and u end up hitting sooo soft. Tbh archers that go vit build are ignored in mass pvp and TW because your damage just isnt high enough to be bothered about. A certain guild leader on lost city for example used to be ignored even tho he had some of the best gear on the server simply because he was full con and dealt no damage. Since he restat to pure hes become a huge factor in every fight.

Iv posted this in another thread but will repost so u all see it.

If you put all your spare points (99) into vit at level 100 you would have 105 base vit, for an archer that is 1287 hp in return u lose 5% crit 792 acc 594 dodge and if u are only using a 90hh weapon 1.6k pattck (this would be much more with a high refined hh99 or 8jun weapon). There is no reason to sacrifice damage, accuracy and crit the life-blood of archers for 1287 hp which u can get from gear anyway.

Putting points into magic is a waste and you should never do this. Also never add more than the base 1 str per level needed for your armor as it does nothing for you.

since a vit-based archers will be ignored in TW and mass pvp then it will increase your survivability greatly which is awesome lol :p
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    since a vit-based archers will be ignored in TW and mass pvp then it will increase your survivability greatly which is awesome lol :p

i dont think being ignored because u do crappy damage is something any archer wants. You roll archer to deal damage and crit if u wanna tank pick a tanking class dont pic archer and chooe a build that sucks lol.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Stat Archer
    Every 2 levels: 10 stat points
    - 4 DEX
    - 4 MAG
    - 1 STR
    - 1 VIT

Dont put anything in magic...archers aint magic casters wont do anything but maybe increase you mag def with 10-20 lol. Dont add any vita either. Some ppl do bad hybrid builds where they add vitalty and its a real waste of dmg. U can get away with it at low lvls but 90+ its hard to kill anything thats not in a squishy robe if ure not max dex.

A good archer is pure with 3-5 vita, str for equipment and rest in dex.
    U really need all your spare points in dex to do decent dmg and get maximum crit. Its not that hard for a pure dex archer to get the vitality back by using HP-shards and +refine gear. But for a hybrid build to increase dmg due to lack of dex...it will be a costly story refining weapon to get good dmg.
  • ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear
    ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i dont think being ignored because u do crappy damage is something any archer wants. You roll archer to deal damage and crit if u wanna tank pick a tanking class dont pic archer and chooe a build that sucks lol.

yea i know i was just being sarcastic lol, but i guess it depends how hybrid the archer is, putting 30-40 points into vit is not gonna reduce your damage that much, its just mainly for surviving better in PVE and TTs.
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    yea i know i was just being sarcastic lol, but i guess it depends how hybrid the archer is, putting 30-40 points into vit is not gonna reduce your damage that much, its just mainly for surviving better in PVE and TTs.

at lv24 with my moonlight bow, i think adding one point of dex added at least 3 points of damage (maybe 4, 5, or more) and its just a moonlight 2skt +2

(i kno the debate is about vit or no vit, but the following general point is the same regardless, and thats having points in something other than dex)

with some equipment bonuses, my archer's got 20mag (so i've got something like 14-18 actual mag points)... i really wish i had'nt those spent points, and even the extra two that could be gained from having mag and vit set to 3 so that those 14-24 points could all be in dexterity. i cant imagine what kind of extra damage i'd get outta that and how much easier it would be to kill mob before they had a chance to touch me if i were pure dex.
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Faldor - Raging Tide
    Faldor - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    if you are in you r in yur lvl 20's like me you might wanna add

-1 str for good light armor

-4 dexfor higher dmg and better weapons

ps.hope this helped b:victory
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm not an experienced archer, so take what I say with a grain of salt if you must. What I have learned from the veteran archers is: Kill-ability is much greater than HP. I built a higher vit archer (28 without adds) and then restatted 10vit into dex around lvl 65. At this point the only mobs that deal more than 1 hit's worth of damage to me are ranged & casting mobs.

So my 2 cents is this: If you want more MP, get a MP+ helm, don't sink points into MAG.

Put as 4 DEX 1 STR into your build, and you'll do fine. Keep your STR 5pts above your level to equip your armor.

$0.02/ out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • WingHunter - Dreamweaver
    WingHunter - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    every 2 levels 10 points

dex 7
    str 2
    vit 1

every lvl
    odd numbers
    dex 4
    str 1

even numbers
    dex 3
    str 1
    vit 1

but I use swords sometimes, that's why i need vit
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    wtf necro necro necro
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Serinregis - Lost City
    Serinregis - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    wtf necro necro necro

woooow wtf a year old necro -___-, this topic was made like before i freaking joined >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
  • Dark_Fate - Harshlands
    Dark_Fate - Harshlands Posts: 968 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    http://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/13/72/39/74/stats10.jpg

i know my damage sux but my weapon is only +7b:sad

hope it helps u out

note that 103 str is just enough to wear hh99 gears, chest and bracers in my case. so dont bother adding more str than u need to wear your gears. if u dont immediately need the str dont bother adding 1 every lvl maxx the dex for damage and then at the last lvls where u will be changing gears put all in str to wear the gears
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moranine - Lost City
    Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Stat Archer
    - 4 DEX
    - 4 MAG
    - 1 STR
    - 1 VIT

/Facepalm

10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nasume - Lost City
    Nasume - Lost City Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Stat Archer
    - 4 DEX
    - 4 MAG
    - 1 STR
    - 1 VIT

and use magic wep to do your metal skills. b:shocked
  • Dark_Fate - Harshlands
    Dark_Fate - Harshlands Posts: 968 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lol only put mag to get mana recovery if u cant afford boutique wings.. then urge to restat after u get them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Spirit_Age - Raging Tide
    Spirit_Age - Raging Tide Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    May the necro be with you.
    in b4 lock
    I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN . Expansion was over hyped. Guild bases (that looked cool) can be destroyed, so why waste the time if your a in a small faction like me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Dorset. I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN
    -ZeroDefects-"trollin trollin trollin. keep those flames a rollin. keep that post count growing. flamebait!" -Vitenka- "You are modifying the game files. That's not allowed. The freaking end."
  • X_Reyko_X - Harshlands
    X_Reyko_X - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Lol,

Before 70:
    DEX 3
    STR 1
    VIT 1

After 70:
    DEX 4
    STR 1
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    YIKES! This is so necro, that necros look at it and say "dayum!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Stat Archer
    - 4 DEX
    - 4 MAG
    - 1 STR
    - 1 VIT

No....its more like

- 0 DEX
    - 8 MAG
    - 1 STR
    - 1 VIT

and xylo, I know right!!
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andizazu
    andizazu Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    who can help me i don't know how to reset my stats? plz answer quickly
  • _Barricade_ - Dreamweaver
    _Barricade_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    wat about wat achika said droping str at later lvls for dex is that worth it or stick to a pure build