Radio Station for PWI

Comments

• Mageluke - Heavens Tear
    Mageluke - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    keep it up
    be sure to keep it interactive and a suggestion is longer mic cheacks that u tlk to the listners
    ima advertise to my faction
  • Cheetiara - Heavens Tear
    Cheetiara - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I cannot find the thread for donating prizes. Please direct me to the right location.

Keep up the great work!!!

b:victory
  • RoughTongue - Heavens Tear
    RoughTongue - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    But, if you want to donate post here on this thread, as I said before if your going to donate ingame items as a share the wealth thing for prizes to the listeners I wont discourage you, but I wont ask ether b:victory
    I will give you credit if you want it or you can be anonymous. It just about building a better in game Community and giving you all another way to communicate your wants and needs for your game play.
    So keep t up folks I love the Feed back.
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Get your helmets ready
    edited March 2009
    I have my first ever All class baby foxwing I created to donate in order to promote this Awesome Radio Station. b:pleased

I'll have to hunt you down, so I can give it to you. b:thanks
  • shikitori
    shikitori Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ^-^" This radio station is awesome! Thanks so much for making it cuz my own iTunes gets a bit boring...

<3 you all =^,.,^"=

And if you ever need help in game let me know ^^
    edited March 2009
    b:pleased

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 20:46:34 -0800, wrote:
    Subject: I Run an internet radio station with real DJs
    Problem: Other
    O/S: Windows Xp Sp3
    Game: Perfect World
    Server: Heavens Tear (PVE)
    Role: RoughTongue
    Date Encountered: 2009-02-20 20:38 Date Submitted: 2009-02-20 20:46:34

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=195471
    This was my post in the forums. I wish to provide the players on all
    the servers with a more interactive radio station, community updates and GM
    events. I do not wish to violate The Terms of Service, but I am
    wondering if I use world chat to advertise http://www.rpgradiostorm.com would I be
    in the wrong?

Their Reply:

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 9:18 PM, PWE Customer Service Group <
    customerservice@perfectworldinc.com> wrote:

Hello,
    Provided you aren't advertising directly for any other product or other
    regions its okay to announce. If you would like to get users to go to your
    fansite or your self made station that is okay. In addition no profit
    can be made directly or indirectly from this as well. If you have any other
    questions please feel free to contact us anytime.

Customer Service

My counter:

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 06:43:08 -0800, I wrote:
    So your saying its ok if I don't advertise for say online game gold,
    another type of game and stuff like that what happens if at some later date say Vetrillio or a graphics card company would like to run an ad on my station? Would it be ok play something like that?

Their Reply:

Hello,

Unfortunately we cannot allow commercialization of such things but what you
    are asking is quite honestly a nice thing your doing for the community so we
    will show you some leeway. You may post this in the fanatic sub forum
    and we will monitor it. If there is to much trouble we will have to shut it
    down but if its not complained about or reported we will have no problems. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us anytime.

Customer Service

My Reply:

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 03:18:29 -0800, I wrote:
    Thank you,
    I don't plan on having a whole lot of ads, but I can tell you this station
    is running under FCC rules, along with DIMA guidelines and all the
    appropriate fees have been paid to the various organizations meaning as far
    as the Law is concerned this is a legal broadcasting agency, we plan on
    doing a NPO type of station, but real world sponsors such as "Graphic Card
    Companies", "Computer Companies" and so on usually sponsor these stations by giving us real world goodies to give out to the listeners in trade for ad
    space.
    But it will take us some time before we get that type of stuff.

RoughTongue

and this was the final reply,

Hello,

Good luck with your endeavors.

Customer Service

So that's everything and also let me say this you guys urging me on telling me and the others make this little endeavor worth it

I just play music, and provide a point to tune in, you the listeners decide if its a radio station

b:pleased

So far so good, I will find a way this weekend to give out these prizes that you all have donated

• Zanixx - Heavens Tear
    Zanixx - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    looooooove it:-D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Zanixx - Unstable - Heavens Tear
  • Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear
    Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    glad to see ya got them supporting ya, we all support ya big guy :) keep up the great work, fyi you completely missed a mic break lol, the music was good and soothing though :p
  • paithon
    paithon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i enjoy this station tongue, sharks everyone who has come into the chatroom , i d.j myself at my work :) wish i could get you sum music also i can donate sum items for the cookies mainly cele's apot items such as life powders or focus powders just let me know what you want >> keep up the good work tongue and everyone from the staff btw this is fists my log in name is weird dont ask
    edited March 2009

Whats a radio station with out prizes? An Mp3 player with a guy talking into a mic right?

Well, some of our listeners have generously donated prizes for us to hand out to some other lucky listeners.

The Prize lists so far:

4 piggy smiles <only one to a winner sorry>

1 Hunt order no. 54

3 Average Turquoise Shards <only one to a winner sorry>

1 all class baby Foxwing

1 set of Stoneblood Armor (Made by me if that means anything)

1 All class huggy hare

and one full set of Chain Garment from the item mall.

We will try to do something like this every weekend but we (Staff) are kind of new to this game so getting smexy prizes will happen as we level up.

I cant wait till I am able to get molds and other stuff to get to pass out to the listeners

Keep listening because this will be updated as we get more loot to pass out.

• LylaGrey - Heavens Tear
    LylaGrey - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Loooove the station and awesome with the upcoming prizes!
  • Lord_Sauron - Heavens Tear
    Lord_Sauron - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Cool concept. I am enjoying the station and plan on keeping it on whenever I play. More Anime themes :)
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    This is really starting to come together now. I'm continuing to tell people about the station in hopes of getting you more listenership. I tried adding your yahoo IM to my Windows Live Messenger since they allow cross-communication but I don't think it worked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    keep up the good work man, love your station :D
    hopefully ya can get some of those prizes out this week end :D i'm keeping an eye out for more stuff to donate keep it up :D
  • Angelic_heal - Heavens Tear
    Angelic_heal - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Now that you have the list of prizes to be given out first, how about suggestions for future giveaways? As you all know, we are working on leveling characters to improve crafting skills. Consequently, we have some pretty good weapons or armor for lower level characters. Would there be any interest in those types of items?

Please feel free to post your suggestions for prizes, and we'll see what we can do, and as always, music requests are welcome.
  • Gohanssj - Heavens Tear
    Gohanssj - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    nice work so far i liked all the music i heard and well good job :P
    edited March 2009
    *removes dragostea din tei from your playlist* no more please!! i can't take any more *goes to corner and rocks back and forth* "the voices tell em to burn things!!"
    *twitches and dies*
  • tithin
    tithin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    hey its me im ur death i want in the drawingb:shockedb:shocked
  • MeliBoo - Heavens Tear
    MeliBoo - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Thankies to rough n staff for the music that keeps me rockin and all the chatters in the room for keepin my endless grinding bareable, i been saying id post n now i have lol so i expect to hear my emo kermit sometime today Rough =P
    i myself am a mommy of almost 4 sons ages 12, 11 , and 9 years and the 4th due on may 3rd =) so in my mind i have a right to say this: To all the Timmys Moms out there, get over yourselves you probably listened to , watched, and did things far worse then your kids will ever do and if you didnt then maybe you should!!! Music, movies, games, wont make your kids "bad" but you being overbearing and overprotective will cause them to rebel to an extreme and that may cause bad things to happen so L2P which in this case means to things Learn To Play and Learn To Parent =P

okay im done now lol wheres my cookie
  • Archaine - Heavens Tear
    Archaine - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Been listening for several days now,and I love the eclectic selections. Better yet when I find myself actually lol'ing while I grind.It's really nice to hear a station that is "local" or pw specific.It makes me feel like I'm in even more of a community while I play. Keep up the good work and I'll spread the word.
    edited March 2009
    I really like my Shoutcast provider, he is always on call especially when he is not putting fires out, and I will not leave his service.

However, as you have heard, issues of high traffic and the random ddos attacks have interfered with the station operation for long enough. I have come to the conclusion that the server has to be moved. A server that the listeners and the DJ's can not connect too is a paper weight.
    Adding to that I will be moving to a new site host. So it will take a bit to get that up and running too.
    Why do fires always start before events b:question

I received a lot of ideas and suggestions about how to do the< "You win a cookie" stuff.
    Everything from pvp to races, trouble is not everyone in game is all on the same level.
    A level 30 fighting a level 60 for a prize they want is not fair.
    A race between a Barb and a BM is not fair ether.

So we will do trivia questions and current events, heck, if you have skype we may do numbered callers.

The Chain Suit give away will be done by drawing.
    Everyone that has posted on the forums here has a chance to win it. I will announce the winner on air and they have 20 minutes to let me know they want to claim it. After 20 minutes, I will redraw.

Some one suggested that we should sponsor a faction or get a faction to sponsor us.

Trouble with that suggestion is this, rpgradiostorm.com come becomes "Insert Faction Name" radio.

We are grateful for the support and donations of the individuals regardless of what faction they belong too. Yet, I must say this now this station is for the players not the faction because if you bring faction into it there is always a bit of bad blood between some.
    Rpgradiostorm.com is a neutral entity that deals with individual players not groups or factions.

Now, if a faction wants to borrow the station for an "open to all" type of event we are more then willing to help out.

Ok think I covered everything now to see if the new site hoster is going to let me build the new site now b:irritated

Gah I need sleep b:bye
    edited March 2009
    As Always I love the music. I, however miss ya big guy. Kick those guys hineys so that we can play. b:victory

doing a great job. Get some sleep!b:bye
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Keep up the good work Rough!

-Xen
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Glad you're going to get things fixed soon!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    b:angry b:angry

I am not a happy camper
    so for the purpose of temporarily linking up to the station I have made a freewebs account with the links to tune in with.

The site is; Here

I may wind up using these guys for real if these other guys dont get on the ball and let me build the site!!!!

b:angry
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Thanks RoughTongue! Sorry you're not having much luck with all of this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gohanssj - Heavens Tear
    Gohanssj - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i hope everything gets sorted out and it all works out in the end
    edited March 2009
    that is a winamp link, if they dont have winamp then they will have a problem tuning in with Real, iTunes, Quicktime, etc ......

Till we get the new site straghtened out

Here

is the best bet to cover it all
  • Divox - Heavens Tear
    Divox - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    you are awesome RoughTongue, love the station, music is always perfect (world)
    keep up the good work! ;)
    edited March 2009
    I think that is - 7 GMT

what other requirements? well I will announce the name on air and the winner has 20 minutes to accept the prize.

Other stuff, 1 Training Esotaria, piggy smiles, well we got a little loot to hand out this weekend tune in to win
This discussion has been closed.