why is it so hard to make money

Options
2»

Comments

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I do that >.> actually i been power lvl my factions barb, 1 hr leeching off me on air mobs with exp scroll got him 40% exp from 56-57(basically he picks up my drops while i keep killing, works very well) b:laugh
    i was averaging about 5-8kills per min when we did this depending on how far the mobs are.
    frost arrow+ 5xhit = dead

silly dead witch b:chuckle
    i am pretty sure mages aren't the worst but if u want sent a message or something when i am on and we can grind those minions that keep killing u i will make sure u earn some money then XD

i know that BMs depending on how good your weapon is can be making very little money sometimes. As a BM u kill slower than most other classes while taking a large amount of hits so u get high repair cost and potion cost.
    1 way to cut down on your potion use is to farm for herbs and make apoth potions to supplement your use of pots.
    Another way is slow down your killing and meditate to restore your health after every kill or something, but this method can make your grinding very very long,slow and boring.
    As for cutting down your repair cost, the only thing i can say is try and save up money by the methods i mentioned and what other people have said. Then see if u can get a better weapon.
    more damage=faster kills=less hits taken=less hp loss=less repair+less pots

earning money is a slow process dont expect to suddenly be getting 500k per day unless u are doing some insane merchanting but with u follow the suggestions u can probably start earning money to save for stuff u might want to buy.

But i dont think you can kill 5 or mobs your lv in 2 min alone?
    It is possible, i am often ganged by 5 mobs, but i can heal my self and use razor feathers and aoe them cause its chi-sparkles. Seen mages/archers try the same thing on same mobs, but they die in more then 80% time.

So do 1 by 1 and youll make a profit no worries.
    b:dirty
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It is possible, i am often ganged by 5 mobs, but i can heal my self and use razor feathers and aoe them cause its chi-sparkles. Seen mages/archers try the same thing on same mobs, but they die in more then 80% time.

i think u are quoting the wrong person for making money >.> i make tons of money. and yes i can easily kill 5 or more mobs in under 2min at my lvl but that is assuming i dont pick up drops. i spend more time picking drops than i spend killing them.
    frost arrow+5-7normal attacks doesnt take 2 long, and thats all i need to kill a mob. i dont do aoe it takes 2 much to survive, doing it 1 by 1 even if i pick up the drops i can do about 3mob/min

as to the 5-8mobs, i was killing lvl 68 minions of alucard
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Kysay - Heavens Tear
    Kysay - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I know someone said to pick up everything.
    But I think lots of people over look the archer's ammo (bolts, arrows, shots and whatever)
    You can sell them back to npc for 1g ea I think OR You can set up a shop in Whetstone and sell them for maybe 5 ea. I saw someone selling them for 10.
    Archers are always needing more ammo. And I've even seen a few set up shop to buy them.

Sorry if someone already said this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I know someone said to pick up everything.
    But I think lots of people over look the archer's ammo (bolts, arrows, shots and whatever)
    You can sell them back to npc for 1g ea I think OR You can set up a shop in Whetstone and sell them for maybe 5 ea. I saw someone selling them for 10.
    Archers are always needing more ammo. And I've even seen a few set up shop to buy them.

Sorry if someone already said this.

they are selling the 1% crit arrows usually. there is a bug that allows other classes to leave the arrow equiped and gain a bonus 1% crit. God know when they will fix it but its there.
    most archer uses lvl 1 ammo for grinding which cost only 2 coin each but if u find the higher lvl ammo, u might be able to sell them for abit more though i normally only use them for bosses/pvp
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    This last time(at least in sanctuary) the prices ve droped a lot(except for the gold just stay a little expensive yet) TT mats dont worth a lot, the TT60 mats prices re 100K or less, TT70 arround 200K and TT80 300K~500K, obviously the gold mats like spirit and orbs still ve high prices but this is normal, there re lots of ppl doing TT and the demand of mats is low, well some mats re on demand like ape's thoot.
    About DQ, in Sep/Nov of 2008 u can made good money with element essences/fragments(arround 5K each) but now is hard to sell.
    Anyway, this is normal... more ppl farming items = lower prices.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    minions are deadly when they spawn on u
  • Rianae - Sanctuary
    Rianae - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Sell DQ items to NPC. Easiest way I've found so far. Element dust is easy, each sells for 800. If lucky you can get up to 80k in a couple of hours. Sounds slow but hey, money does not grow in trees. Yet XD
  • Poopspooge - Heavens Tear
    Poopspooge - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    But I think lots of people over look the archer's ammo (bolts, arrows, shots and whatever) You can sell them back to npc for 1g ea

This just 'clicked' for me yesterday. I used to pass up that stuff all the time. However, last night I realized that usually the shot pickup is significantly larger than the gold drop, especially when working in a squad...very nice bonus for only a couple of inventory slots. :)
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

Then you are looking at the wrong archers. i get ganged by 4-5 white mobs pretty often (everyday) and live through 99% of it. Only died once cause i forgot to switch to mag gear when i went up against metal mobs.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf