Blademaster with no vitality any good?

Zome - Sanctuary
Zome - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Blademaster
I understand using axes to 90 is a good way to level, but im really a sword blademaster, so should i use a point scroll and make 3 vit mage and have 193 str for wep req and spend rest on dex? Or will i die easily?

Please reply thanks.
Post edited by Zome - Sanctuary on

Comments

• XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Good luck tanking magic hits. b:bye
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    a bm with no vit is a failure
  • Jessup - Heavens Tear
    Jessup - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It is not failure not having lots of Vit. I have 42 points in Vit and the rest in Dex and Str as Axe BM and I roll on things. So na na Boo Boo :)
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Good luck tanking magic hits. b:bye

This is correct. I have only 3 points on vit and 3 points on Mag. I cannot take magic hits even from mobs below my level. They hit me twice and I'm gone.

However, I can kill melee mobs higher than my level without buffing. So, I call friends to kill those magic mobs for me and I go grinding melee after.

"My hope" is that I will be able to upgrade my "strong attacking skills" and upgrade the marro magical (allowing me to kill quicker). However, I still think it will not work since mobs start with magic but move to physical after.

A rumour I read on another tread, is that we will all get batle pets. If so, I just need something to tank these mobs, while I kill them.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=212562
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Having low vit is not fun unless you have a bunch of hp and armor refine.
  • Onxy - Harshlands
    Onxy - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I have found so far that a mix of all three becomes nescessary. I started str/dex but now add in vit to increase my survivability.
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It is not failure not having lots of Vit. I have 42 points in Vit and the rest in Dex and Str as Axe BM and I roll on things. So na na Boo Boo :)

They said NO vit. Not low vit.
  • Jiushen - Lost City
    Jiushen - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I have found so far that a mix of all three becomes nescessary. I started str/dex but now add in vit to increase my survivability.

I was the opposite, I started str/vit and now I am adding into dex cause I miss a lot xD
  • KhaosShadow - Sanctuary
    KhaosShadow - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The only time magic mobs will hit you too hard is in fb/TT. magic mobs around my lvl hit for 500-800 each and i have 4k hp so its really not a big deal. (i have some vit, 16 to be exact. which equals 195hp and like 3 resist more then having 3 vit. so not much of a difference). As long as you have desent gear and make sure you have all resists on gear then magic mobs aren't really a big deal. Just don't take on too many at once =P
  • Yodenreal - Heavens Tear
    Yodenreal - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    vitality can be replaced with sharding ur gear with critine shard(hp shards)
    and refining ur gear (+4,+5) but str,dex can hardly be replaced cuz at higher lvl u gonna wear legendary gear(they rarly have +dex,str), for me im lvl 84 with 36 vitality only, im keeping all my money now for gear lvl 90 then i'll shard it and refine it, to me a perfect bm would be a high str,dex with a full hp sharded gear and +4,+5 = )