Phoenix Sound Effects

Options
Saitada - Sanctuary
Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Dear PWI... Your inability to create a new and Unique sound effect for the Phoenix is sad. Instead of copying the sounds from Foxwings, how hard would it have been to create a UNIQUE sound for the Nix? Something not so annoying maybe?

Discuss/Rant

~Saitada
Post edited by Saitada - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    First thing I noticed when I got mine was that it sounded like a foxwing.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Aerilius - Heavens Tear
    Aerilius - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hey PWI! I'm majoring in sound synthesis and design in college! Hire me to make phoenixes actually sound like birds!

Would also make some much, much better music as well...
  • Arodnur - Lost City
    Arodnur - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    So basically you have a bird that can solo mages, clerics and most archers.. and you're complaining because you don't like the sound it makes.

Nice. b:embarrass
    Rundora
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    So basically you have a bird that can solo mages, clerics and most archers.. and you're complaining because you don't like the sound it makes.

Nice. b:embarrass
    Yes, I'm complaining about it's annoying sound. It is a cheap, lazy method of production and coding. It's not THAT hard to code sounds to a creature and for something I Paid close to $200.00 for I would expect it to have a Unique sound at the very least; instead of a cheap copy and paste job.

I normally play with sound off anyway, but it is STILL annoying. I paid for a V12 Roar, what I got was a 4 cylinder squeek.

~S

*edit* How do you view who did what in a poll again? I set this poll up (I think) so pollers could be seen by who voted what.....
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yeah even my all class Fowl makes the same noise -.- . It would be nice to have sounds effects dif but it would be nicer if they let u chose the backround music. This chinese stuff is nice at first but my god it gets old after the bizzilionth time. Gimme some options at least to switch backround music.

@Saitada : You have a really good talent for sigs. Very nice how u took that intel inside thingy and made it ur own. b:victory
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    sillyfoo wrote: »
    @Saitada : You have a really good talent for sigs. Very nice how u took that intel inside thingy and made it ur own. b:victory
    Thanks, but I stole the Evil Inside thing from off the web. Someone else did it. I just used it. :-)

~S
  • Arodnur - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yes, I'm complaining about it's annoying sound. It is a cheap, lazy method of production and coding. It's not THAT hard to code sounds to a creature and for something I Paid close to $200.00 for I would expect it to have a Unique sound at the very least; instead of a cheap copy and paste job.

I normally play with sound off anyway, but it is STILL annoying. I paid for a V12 Roar, what I got was a 4 cylinder squeek.

~S

*edit* How do you view who did what in a poll again? I set this poll up (I think) so pollers could be seen by who voted what.....

Okay. I just think it's amusing to be so picky when you have a pet that does the damage of a weapon worth 10x as much as you paid.

It's like complaining about the illegally obtained Harpy Wraith bow because you can only craft it in Archosaur.
    Rundora
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Okay. I just think it's amusing to be so picky when you have a pet that does the damage of a weapon worth 10x as much as you paid.

It's like complaining about the illegally obtained Harpy Wraith bow because you can only craft it in Archosaur.

So far, I have to disagree with this. My bird is level 64, it fought a level 62 blademaster and it really did not do all that much damage in the fight. Less than 200 per second, wow that's some big damage there.

I think a falcon sound would be better for the phoenix than a squeaky foxwing.
    Main characters
  • kooshdin
    kooshdin Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hey PWI! I'm majoring in sound synthesis and design in college! Hire me to make phoenixes actually sound like birds!

Would also make some much, much better music as well...

The music in perfect world is already really good ? how could you improve on it while keeping in the same style ?
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    kooshdin wrote: »
    The music in perfect world is already really good ? how could you improve on it while keeping in the same style ?

For me i just want variety or choice in backround music without having to play another program for music and turning off music in my system settings on the client.
  • Arodnur - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    So far, I have to disagree with this. My bird is level 64, it fought a level 62 blademaster and it really did not do all that much damage in the fight. Less than 200 per second, wow that's some big damage there.

I think a falcon sound would be better for the phoenix than a squeaky foxwing.

I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that your pet doesn't have bleed (As you repeatedly tell us. Like, every day or something) or the fact that BMs have high physical defense.

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

I'm talking about phoenixes in PVP that are at their maximum potential, not your self-nerfed edition.
    Rundora
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    music is ok but gets annoying
    all the other soundeffets are retarted
    expecially the antelope
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Actually, what I'm doing IS the birds full power. A skill that does not follow the normal rules of the game does not apply. I'm looking at what the bird can actually do without abusing a bug.
    What can the BIRD do, not a broken skill.

It's not all that great actually.
    Main characters
  • Renara - Heavens Tear
    Renara - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Careful what you wish for. They might replace it with the sound of fingernails scraping over a blackboard. Remember, this is the game in which tombstones die with the squeak of a rubber duck.
    "Sorry, we don't need a barbarian. We have a frog."
  • Arodnur - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Actually, what I'm doing IS the birds full power. A skill that does not follow the normal rules of the game does not apply. I'm looking at what the bird can actually do without abusing a bug.
    What can the BIRD do, not a broken skill.

It's not all that great actually.

No, you're using the bird's full power under normal circumstances. I'm talking about the phoenix's maximum potential, fully equipped with flesh ream. Just because it's not following the "normal rules" doesn't change the fact that like 90% of phoenixes in Lost City are doing it.

So, yeah, there's no point saying "actually the damage isn't that great" if you're evaluating it under different circumstances. b:sweat
    Rundora
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    No, you're using the bird's full power under normal circumstances. I'm talking about the phoenix's maximum potential, fully equipped with flesh ream. Just because it's not following the "normal rules" doesn't change the fact that like 90% of phoenixes in Lost City are doing it.

So, yeah, there's no point saying "actually the damage isn't that great" if you're evaluating it under different circumstances. b:sweat
    Taking a Bugged skill and choosing not to use it, but rather to use another equally valid skill is still using the birds full potential.

Remember.. you have to PURCHASE flesh ream and ADD it to the Nix, before the Nix has it. So her choosing to use an Agro gaining skill on her Nix rather than a broken skill is still using the Nix's full potential.

I know your coming from the PvP server point of view where the nix is most often coupled with Flesh Ream by Veno's knowing full damn well the skill is broken/bugged and not working correctly. Personally I wish they would fix the damn thing, or state it is "working as intended" so we all know wtf is going on with the skill.

~S
  • Arodnur - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Taking a Bugged skill and choosing not to use it, but rather to use another equally valid skill is still using the birds full potential.

Remember.. you have to PURCHASE flesh ream and ADD it to the Nix, before the Nix has it. So her choosing to use an Agro gaining skill on her Nix rather than a broken skill is still using the Nix's full potential.

I know your coming from the PvP server point of view where the nix is most often coupled with Flesh Ream by Veno's knowing full damn well the skill is broken/bugged and not working correctly. Personally I wish they would fix the damn thing, or state it is "working as intended" so we all know wtf is going on with the skill.

~S

Yes, we all wish they'd fix it.

But if Zoe's phoenix is just as valid to a PVP Phoenix discussion as a Lost City one, I'd like to see it solo non-heavy classes 10 levels above it.

No matter how legit or honorable her setup is, a phoenix without flesh ream can't really be compared to one that has it. I've fought phoenixes without flesh ream (we have a few venos that can't afford it or just try to PVP with other skills), I've laughed at their dps while 1-3 shotting the veno in control. In fact, a Sawfly with flesh ream might even be able to outdamage a phoenix without.
    Rundora
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    so like the sounds pterosaurs make is wut ur looking for?

personally i thought it was weird that foxwings squeaked like baby animals
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Exactly. People say the phoenix is overpowered. However it's VERY clear that it is NOT.

Yeah the Pterosaur sound may work.
    Main characters