Mantavip

Options
xerab
xerab Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Please give some advice n tips n strats...his aoe or wat dmgs, of how to defeat this monster in endless sea or near Dawn's Cry Isle, wats the right grp n right charact...to tank him. Thx a lot for any good info. b:thanks
Post edited by xerab on

Comments

• fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Mantavip is absolutely ungodly. He's a misery. He's a pain. He's ridiculously hard to find a party for.

There's 3 main ways of doing him though:
    1. Tanking him from the air
    2. Tanking him from the water
    3. Tanking him from the land. Lure him to a nearby island.

Number 2 isn't recommended. It's rather suicidal.

Most people choose option number 1. It's the easiest to pull off. As for who tanks him, you can use either a caster or a barb. Gotta be a good tank though, specially if you choose caster.

You're gonna need some severe clericage as well. He is basically a nasty bugger in every way. He hits hard and takes absolute ages to kill.

Basically, find 3 clerics who don't mind burning the **** out of their MP charms.

Alternatively, find yourself a high level herc, a couple of venos, a couple of clerics, and some victim who wants to try luring him to the island, and then have the herc tank him with all the venos healing it, while the clerics do their stuff.

Basically.. be very prepared, and don't get too ambitious. Better to take it slowly than to get him most of the way then **** up.

That's just going off the top of my head. You can probably find better and more in-depth advice elsewhere.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Easy get a level 60+ wizard and a level 55+ cleric that has about 3 focus powers.

preferable 2 clerics to help purify.

Mantavip is really easy don't worry about him.

best way to kill mantvip - 1 cleric doing blue bubble and 5 wizards =)
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • sinchanxxx
    sinchanxxx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    b:laughwell, we did it once 3 days ago, 2 clerics ( lvl 70+ and me lvl 60+) and 1 wiz (my bro LordG) lvl 60 with the help of 1 veno . the game plan is, wiz pull the boss to the surface while the lvl 70+ cleric flying on the air focus on healing and purify the wizard i think (no idea exactly what she did), and me fly higher than the cleric focus on purify and healing on the the other cleric.

at the end we kill the biggest boss in the perfect world i've ever seenb:surrender
  • VenZehn - Sanctuary
    VenZehn - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    u can do it pretty easily with a wiz equipped for high water def n a good cleric. i can kill it alone with 1 cleric lvl 60ish in about 10min (long time but this is with the wiz being the only dd) at lvl 67.

if u have additional ranged attackers it can go even faster, just make sure the other dd's can attck from out of range unless u have additional clerics to heal the other dd's.