why do so many people seem to think veno is the money making class?

Options
2»

Comments

• fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If you're using both charms and spending a ton on pots, you are most definitely doing it wrong.

Very very very wrong. Severely ridiculously wrong.

For one, outside of PvP, charms on veno are a waste of money. Just my 2 cents, but there's absolutely no reason to use them.

If you're using your HP and mana recovery abilities and intersoul switch, you shouldn't need to use pots at all. Or if you do, it's because you're doing some hard core non-stop killing.. which pays for itself.

My mind is blown as to how you can be a level 7x veno and have money troubles. You must have amazingly bad money management skills. Wow...
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    What are you spending your money on?

I would think pets all the pet food adds up some how.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    OP has no idea about profit from TT. TT1-3 or TT2-1 will give you a 400-500k item 1/2 the time on average, as well as other 100k items and mirage stones. Unfortunately th bottom has dropped out of the market a bit since the new servers opened, so these prices may be in the process of changing.

Also, if the OP is using MP charms, he is costing himself money. I use a HP charm, but I use HP and MP recharge spells so as not to trigger off the heiro. I used to just fight one mob at a time with the magmite, and I seldom had my heiro tick or used potions. Since I have the Herc, I do get knocked around a bit by the odd mob losing agro on the herc, but nothing that the cost of drops cant pay for easily. I never have or have had issues with mana because of the regen spells we have.

There are ways of making money that any class with a bit of spare cash can make too, but thats not really what this thread is about.

Sorry OP, but to be honest, you are full of misconceptions and bad ideas.
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Venos can have money problems if they try to get herc/nix with in game money.

If they dont then they should never have money problems
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i'm broke. all the time. what am i doing wrong?

"farm tt" : solo costs 50k to get in, or 100k for 2-X. 2 bosses. and those drops dont sell for astronomically high. squad you hardly get anything.

"all class pets": 2/3 of the selling price is the coin cost of making them. an elysium costs 10 eggs (=time taming them) + 200k. selling price is 300k. and ive been trying to sell one for over a week.

"grinding": everyone can do it. i dont get any more drops than any other class would.

these are the top 3 things people throw at me when i ask how veno is supposed to be rich. tried all 3 methods, none of them have made me rich. are there other things im missing?

Im never broke :o

If i lack money for some reason ( like just upgraded pet skills) i just go grind couple of hours and than i have 600-800k easy just npc-ing my drops.

I dont need to buy charms, i only need to use hp pot occasionally. I even npc pots cuz i have so many of them.

Other classes sometimes loose money when they grind. Even tho they get same loot as a veno they will have to spend 50-80% of the profit getting new charms, pots and repairing armor.

I also have a herc which can tank most lvl 60-70 TT bosses in partymode. Still grinding is actually better money since im still low lvl and doing partymode alone at lvl 70+...each boss takes half day for me killing just spamming heal lol.

But i guess if you play veno and dont grind at all, just lvl by doing quest and dailys. Than u will be just as poor as everyone else. But thats your own fault for beeing lazy, not the class.
  • Ripokeke - Sanctuary
    Ripokeke - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

"farm tt" : solo costs 50k to get in, or 100k for 2-X. 2 bosses. and those drops dont sell for astronomically high. squad you hardly get anything.

"all class pets": 2/3 of the selling price is the coin cost of making them. an elysium costs 10 eggs (=time taming them) + 200k. selling price is 300k. and ive been trying to sell one for over a week.

"grinding": everyone can do it. i dont get any more drops than any other class would.

these are the top 3 things people throw at me when i ask how veno is supposed to be rich. tried all 3 methods, none of them have made me rich. are there other things im missing?

1) farm tt: u don't buy the ultimate subs... u round in circles collecting mats for hours on ends so u can make ur own ultimate subs. this way, u don't spend 50k or 100k even if nothing drops, and u get mirages to sell.

2) all class pets: u don't make the baby pet urself. u tame the pets and put them up on auction. those other classes never knew the npc will take 200k.

they think u are ripping them off even if u sell at 150k each.
    so they will WANT to make their own "all class pets". sell one for 10k each and u make 100k from one "all class pet" others are making.

3) grinding: u must be light armor build. i'm arcane build. usually my pet is tanking, when i get links, i die in 2-3hits. so i never need to spend much on repairs, cause i die too fast anyway.

when u die, u loss exp. so for the same amount of level, u need more exp to level, end up u grind more than others. this gives u more spirit and more drops. understand?

live like how a veno should live... pots? lol. npc them. u won't be fast enough to use them anyway. b:chuckle
  • Diskus - Sanctuary
    Diskus - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

Don`t worry, just shows you are not one of the lazy buggers standing hand - on - hip while their pet kills. b:victory
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I'll come right out and say it. I'm BROKE. All the time. Why? Because I spend my money on EVERYTHING. Every time I get enough coins to buy my skills, I do. Not enough Spirit, but spare coins? Pet skills. A complete set of NPC robes as back up to my armor, food, Faction donations, Crazy Stone. I'm broke all the time, but you know what? I don't die. With all the stuff I spend money on, I've got the cure for any problem I run into. ALL my pets hold aggro on mobs because they've had boosted skills. Multi aggro? Meh. Heal pet, meet the adds head on. Melee? Make sure I've got my Phys Def gear on, and use my Fox Skills I've spent a fortune on. Caster? Put on my robes and such. I may be the broke, but I am extremely self sufficient. I'm playing a Veno the complete opposite as how it's played generally. I hear the same thing everywhere. To paraphrase: "Squishy and Rich" Me. I'm hard to kill and poor. I love it.

Now... My barbarian friend, on the other hand, who I believe is about 55 or so right now, is sitting solid on a little over 2 million with nothing to spend it on. He's also leveling extremely fast. I think he averages about a level every day or so. From what I hear, Barbs are "Poor, and slow to level".

Point I'm trying to make is this. You read a lot of things on these forums. Some tales of extreme success, others of horrible disappointment. Just because it seems that some cases are louder than others, it doesn't mean that results are the same for each person who plays.

Let me ask something. Do you like your character? Does it work the way you want it to, other than your obvious poorness? If yes, then congrats. Way to play your character. If no, then do yourself a favor. Restat, or find a new character.

Just a sidenote here. Charms pretty much **** Venos. We can't use our Self-Healing spells with them on. Using charms is a pretty good way to make yourself broke. Unless you're actively PvPing, I'd suggest not using them. If you MUST use a charm, use an HP charm. I honestly will never understand whose brilliant idea it was to make MP charms fire at 75%...