...I need tips............b:surrender
Post edited by XxPkBladexX - Sanctuary on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    What are you selling?

DQ items are not big sellers, for me it is just easier to sell back to an NPC.

Farming mats and selling those seems to work well, but it all depends and I don't know what sells on your server.

But my suggestion...farm and sell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • XxPkBladexX - Sanctuary
    XxPkBladexX - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    repairs are so high tho
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Reselling is always a gamble. Vendor your DQ drops and crappy armor/wep drops. Gather mats and catshop them. Don't teleport unless you absolutely have to. Have you tried aoe grinding? I would imagine if done right you could minimize your repairs-per-mob.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    but my repair cost way too much and no-one will buy my stuff in AH
    The auction house isn't the best place to make money as a seller. Think of it from a potential buyer's perspective: Catshops are instant, convenient, gratification, while the auction house you have to go travel to and search through.

Being able to leave a catshop running while not playing is the easiest way to make lots of money. For example, if you buy 20 Dull Claws for 4000 each from the auction house you can easily re-sell them for 6000 each by placing a catshop near an NPC that requires Dull Claws.

For example, place your shop near the NPCs that require Dull Claws in order to get your first flying mount and you'll sell out pretty quickly. In fact, you can jack up the price to 9750 at these locations and they'll still sell (slowly), but I've since found much more profitable things/places to sell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • XxTORMENTAxx - Heavens Tear
    XxTORMENTAxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Farm low grade herbs and sell them at Hidden Orchid I believe it is or beside any Apothecary. I can make easily 150K with no repair costs. And that is only for about an hour and some of herb farming. I actually have a dedicated farming path which works out great so every loop the herbs are all respawned.

I have been able to buy a Panther and christmas clothing with herb money. I now play on PVP and am just starting so I have not needed to make to much money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zdolnoc - Sanctuary
    Zdolnoc - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    repairs are so high tho
    First off... quit crying!!

I grind, quest and farm for mats whenever I'm on and I do alright. Some days I make a good chunk of change, other days I don't. I've found that after an hour of grinding/questing(cause at these lvls they're the same XD) that I can make around 150-180K. How, you ask? Pick up EVERYTHING!! It doesn't matter what it is. Just make sure your inventory is empty before you go out. Almost every mob I kill drops some kind of DQ item from lvl 61 to 71. Those all sell for 2500 to 3000 depending on how rare they are. HP and MP pots sell for a lot too if you can spare them. I think they're worth like 500-750 a piece and nearly every mob drops them. Before you know it after a couple hours of grinding you'll be sitting on at least 300K if not more. And your repair fee is what? 30K? 40K at most. So suck it up and get out there! GO GO GO!!!
    edited March 2009
    Options
    DQ items are not big sellers, for me it is just easier to sell back to an NPC.
    It depends on which DQ items and where you sell them. I average about 250k profit in sales per day just buying and selling DQ items.

Farming them myself, however, just doesn't seem to be worth the effort, because there are so many people willing to sell them for dirt cheap at the wrong (ie. less profitable) locations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    Ganiju - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i grind for dq in one spot...outside arch killing the blobs in 10 minutes i easily had 20k of elemental dust
    probably one of the smartest in perfect world
    yet the lowest of level
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Grinding is really boring..but i have no choiceb:shockedb:surrender
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

u can grind with me later :D
    but im poor as hell too -_-

still trying to save up for TT70bb:surrender
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If running a catshop isn't an option, then yes. But like I said, I don't grind for money and still pull in about 250k profit per day for less than 1/2 hour of buying/selling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    Options
    oki dokie thenb:pleased
  • Sir_walter - Heavens Tear
    Sir_walter - Heavens Tear Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You can also make and sell ultimate substances they sell fast for the right price
  • Azlin - Sanctuary
    Azlin - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    PkBlade... do u do the crazy stone quests or something? because they take out chunks of ur money if u keep doing those. but at the same time they are kinda worth it but it'll drain down ur coins... i actually have the same kind of problem as u but i have ur problem because of the crazy stone quest... my money keeps regenerating and depleting... regenerating and depleting... but if u want lots of money i suggest setting up cat shop AND grind
  • oznig
    oznig Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Something I do that works quite well.

Make a veno alt for nothing but grinding. My veno is only level 15 and all I do is gring the lvl 20 DQ items. They only sell for what is it 850 or something but after a couple hours I'll make 200K easily. Then just put that coin in the AH and withdraw as needed for my main wiz. It really helps with those crazy stone quests and such
  • Alecsys - Sanctuary
    Alecsys - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If ure repair cost is bigger than normal i think ure doing smthing wrong... i'm grinding and make quite a nice sum... pity that all my money goes in skills for now.
    And crazy stones is not that expensive so u can cry about it.. its like 10k per day lol... i can make 10k in 2 min's lol.. cant really see a complaining motive in that quest...

Other than that... if u want money get ur backside to work and grind ur money. Peace. b:victory
  • Azlin - Sanctuary
    Azlin - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If ure repair cost is bigger than normal i think ure doing smthing wrong... i'm grinding and make quite a nice sum... pity that all my money goes in skills for now.
    And crazy stones is not that expensive so u can cry about it.. its like 10k per day lol... i can make 10k in 2 min's lol.. cant really see a complaining motive in that quest...

Other than that... if u want money get ur backside to work and grind ur money. Peace. b:victory
    wow 10k in 2 min? it means the monsters u kill drop 5k worth of money in 1 min which is bout 2-3 monsters??b:shocked
  • Methuseleh - Lost City
    Methuseleh - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    how do ur repairs cost more than u can make grinding if u sell DQ items? Lvl 62 was probably my best lvl for makin money off dq items. like 200k profit an hour at least. maybe more. Just go kill mutinous prisoners. physical mobs that drop 1 or 2 dq items just about every kill at ur lvl.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Your first problem.. you're a BM. They are the single worst class at making money. The absolute worst.

The next problem is that you're most likely one of those people who throws something into the AH, whacks an insane price tag onto it, and then wonders why no one buys it. Either that or you're trying to sell crapola.

AH is only actually useful for trying to sell the miscellaneous stuff.. scarlet fruits, gear, books, some TT mats and that stuff.

You might as well just NPC all the DQ you pick up. That'll be enough for you to turn a profit, albeit not a very big one.

The next time you get a chance to go on a TT run, jump at it. Unfortunately, you're a BM, so you're kinda unlikely to be invited on TT runs outside of your guild and/or people you know.

If you're not a zen buyer, the best thing for you to do would be to make a venomancer alt. Use that for all your nefarious money-making schemes. Or just keep plowing on with your BM and find some way to turn a profit from grinding. Both are good options.

Basically, you're gonna need to slow down your spending, change your money-making habits and find a way to mesh it together... or you can make a veno. Neither option is better than the other. It's all personal preference.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    fuzzles wrote: »
    Your first problem.. you're a BM. They are the single worst class at making money. The absolute worst.

The next problem is that you're most likely one of those people who throws something into the AH, whacks an insane price tag onto it, and then wonders why no one buys it. Either that or you're trying to sell crapola.

AH is only actually useful for trying to sell the miscellaneous stuff.. scarlet fruits, gear, books, some TT mats and that stuff.

You might as well just NPC all the DQ you pick up. That'll be enough for you to turn a profit, albeit not a very big one.

The next time you get a chance to go on a TT run, jump at it. Unfortunately, you're a BM, so you're kinda unlikely to be invited on TT runs outside of your guild and/or people you know.

If you're not a zen buyer, the best thing for you to do would be to make a venomancer alt. Use that for all your nefarious money-making schemes. Or just keep plowing on with your BM and find some way to turn a profit from grinding. Both are good options.

Basically, you're gonna need to slow down your spending, change your money-making habits and find a way to mesh it together... or you can make a veno. Neither option is better than the other. It's all personal preference.

no mages are the wost actually
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    lets say that on your lv in 1h on right mobs you can make ~100k in DQ's + other drops...so i dont see that much of an issue unless you want to buy Cash shop items
    b:dirty
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Depending on if you're Axe or not. You can make decent money AoE grinding with a cleric. Which is about level 70 for seaweed, but before that you're going to be in the swamp.... oh the horrors of the swamp.

@ AndromedaB, Pretty sure a BM is worse at money making than a wiz solo.
  • Deathnote - Harshlands
    Deathnote - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    fuzzles wrote: »

Heh.. I would disagree on that.
    Bringing fear and widespread random deaths into the Harshlands, that is my goal..

IGN: Shinigamii, WR

Death Note Rule #18
    A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in his heart with a knife or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are not generally known to the gods of death.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

Wrongo.

I knew someone would say that.

But as far as solo grinding goes, mages kill faster and cost less than BMs do.

With the exception of solo AoEing BMs.. who kill faster, but cost a lot more.

But no.. Wizards most definitely solo grind faster and more cost effectively than BMs do.

This inferiority complex all the wizards seem to have is extremely irritating. You're not as hopelessly useless as you think you are.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It depends on which DQ items and where you sell them. I average about 250k profit in sales per day just buying and selling DQ items.

Farming them myself, however, just doesn't seem to be worth the effort, because there are so many people willing to sell them for dirt cheap at the wrong (ie. less profitable) locations.

"Wrong location"? And are you basing "dirt cheap" on what you sell them for?
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
    edited March 2009
    Options
    "Wrong location"? And are you basing "dirt cheap" on what you sell them for?
    Selling DQ 21 items in Archosaur is what I'd consider an obvious "wrong location".

Then there are people selling things like Crystal Magmites in Etherblade. *shakes head*

And "dirt cheap" is, in my opinion, whenever I see things selling for less than half of what they sell quickly for in other locations. For example, the Disguise Skins selling for 1100 in Archo are always in huge demand in the starting cities because they are the hardest DQ21 item for new players to find. I was more than willing to pay 2200 each for 2 of them when I was a new player in order to finish off my banker quest, and I'm certainly not the only one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    wow 10k in 2 min? it means the monsters u kill drop 5k worth of money in 1 min which is bout 2-3 monsters??b:shocked

I do that >.> actually i been power lvl my factions barb, 1 hr leeching off me on air mobs with exp scroll got him 40% exp from 56-57(basically he picks up my drops while i keep killing, works very well) b:laugh
    i was averaging about 5-8kills per min when we did this depending on how far the mobs are.
    frost arrow+ 5xhit = dead

silly dead witch b:chuckle
    i am pretty sure mages aren't the worst but if u want sent a message or something when i am on and we can grind those minions that keep killing u i will make sure u earn some money then XD

i know that BMs depending on how good your weapon is can be making very little money sometimes. As a BM u kill slower than most other classes while taking a large amount of hits so u get high repair cost and potion cost.
    1 way to cut down on your potion use is to farm for herbs and make apoth potions to supplement your use of pots.
    Another way is slow down your killing and meditate to restore your health after every kill or something, but this method can make your grinding very very long,slow and boring.
    As for cutting down your repair cost, the only thing i can say is try and save up money by the methods i mentioned and what other people have said. Then see if u can get a better weapon.
    more damage=faster kills=less hits taken=less hp loss=less repair+less pots

earning money is a slow process dont expect to suddenly be getting 500k per day unless u are doing some insane merchanting but with u follow the suggestions u can probably start earning money to save for stuff u might want to buy.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Sorry but clerics have the most money issues b:surrender
    b:dirty
  • kooshdin
    kooshdin Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    repairs are so high tho

The cost of repairs normally works out about the same cost as the items you loot if you were to sell them to a npc. Well thats how it works for me and my costs are high for repairs and ive got over 400k in the bank
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Basically for ranged attackers most of the time, its takes half or less than half the time for them to kill mobs as opposed to close range melee. So in 2min. they could be finished killing 5 mobs whereas BMs might only be 2-3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan