What is the best money maker besides Veno?

Chiclet - Heavens Tear
Chiclet - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Barbarian
Im looking for a class that can be a male and is a great money earner besides a veno.
Post edited by Chiclet - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Im looking for a class that can be a male and is a great money earner besides a veno.

I would say, either Wizard or Archer(?) Wizard skills are not as expensive as other classes and they kill fast without much need for mana pots, I guess that makes them fast money earners. BMs are probably cheaper to make but they need more time to kill mobs so.. I would go for wizard.

I'm no expert though. I play only Cleric, what i said above is according to what I read in the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • True - Harshlands
    True - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I would say, either Wizard or Archer(?) Wizard skills are not as expensive as other classes and they kill fast without much need for mana pots, I guess that makes them fast money earners. BMs are probably cheaper to make but they need more time to kill mobs so.. I would go for wizard.

I'm no expert though. I play only Cleric, what i said above is according to what I read in the forums.

I haven't ever heard anyone recommend wizards for earning money before. Archers either. The idea is to use a class that can kill a large number of mobs with little or no cost to the player. Obviously the veno, as a soloist, is the best choice, but if you don't want to use it I know that Direct Damage barbarians tend to make a nice sum of money. My fiancee made over 400k just on quests and drops leveling from 1-30. And when I say "made" 400k, I mean that's what was leftover, not all the coins he made total. I don't know if that money making would continue into higher levels though.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ehhh I'd never count barbs as a money maker .. maybe DPS barbs but as a full tank barb i spend lots of coin on repairs and my skills and barely have any left over to do stuff like the cube or get really good gear
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Full DD barbs are ok till lvl 50 or so, but after that their damage isn't upto the mark, they take a lot of damage easily and need a lo of pots and/or charms.

Tanker or DD a barb is the second largest money sink in the game after a cleric.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Mirathyl - Sanctuary
    Mirathyl - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It depends on how you play I suppose. I've only played a cleric (though I have alts that are around lvl 9 to lvl 15) but never found Mira to be a money sink that much. Then again I guess I'm a bit more patient as I never buy heiros or anything like that. I kill mobs till I run out of mana, meditate, and then kill again. At level mobs I can solo 2-4 before meditating which is fine for me. If I'm lucky I get a number of drops too that I can NPC off and typically have a repair cost of like 2-4k. It helps that I like to solo mobs (kiting if I have to) so I get all the drops.

The only time I usually use pots are when I'm in party with my guild mates and we're doing a FB run or TT run but then I'm also not the only cleric in the party and I have powders that a guild mate makes for everyone (after we give him herbs we pick up).

EDIT:...I just realized this is in Barbarian. Why is it here and not say General Discussion?
    "We don't know what we're going to do when we get there, but we're not going to die without good reason."
    - Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Mirathyl
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    yea but when you are over lvl 59 and you do aoe bosses in TT/FBs and such .. you are gonna be asked to BB or RB.. and if you don't do it.. a lot of people won't bring you along.. and BB/RB is a constant mana drain as long as the boss lives.. charm drain is pretty big
  • Mirathyl - Sanctuary
    Mirathyl - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    *shrugs* So it also depends on who you're with as well then. ^_~

Lately I seem to be in cleric heavy parties so blue ball and red ball never really cross my mind. xD
    "We don't know what we're going to do when we get there, but we're not going to die without good reason."
    - Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Mirathyl
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The best money makers is not the question the best money save is.

Alot would disagree but a cleric that leveld nothing but Plume shot, great cyclone and ironheart blessing could save alot of money
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    a bm can make money fast, but mainly after lvl 60 when u start aoe grinding and such
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    An important question you have to ask yourself: "Am I going to play the character seriously (a class that saves coins easily), or just use it get coins?"

If you want a character exclusively for getting coins, nothing comes close to the veno, simply because the veno has some extra options for moneymaking that other classes don't have. I'm talking about all-class pets and rare pets of course, and solo fb's/TT.

If you want a class that saves coins easily, I don't think there is an answer. All classes have their own costs and limits. A barb uses less pots then a BM, but the BM kills faster. Both have repairs. A mage or cleric can kill fast, but either spend quite some time meditating, or have to use pots and are pretty squishy. Archers are less squishy, but have an unavoidable cost: amunition. What will end up to be the cheapest? Sorry, but I've no idea.
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I would say a bm uses less pots past lvl 29. Why? cause our self heal skill diamond sutra makes it so we generally only need mp pots (and maybe an hp pot or two if u atk too many mobs).

But any class can be cheap if u play right (I gave my bm equip with +mp regen, and saves a lot now)