Some General Questions

ocurria
ocurria Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi and thank you for taking time to read this. My girlfriend and I started playing PW a few days ago and have gotten up to level 16. Unfortunately she has school so that leaves me home during the day to do little without her, as she doesn't want me being level 20-something when she gets home lolol! SO I've been browsing the forums a bit trying to answer my questions on my own but it seems I need more advice than what I have as actual questions, so here they are:

Inventory:
I've read several posts on the inventory/bank stones. I just wanted to clarify, is there no way to increase your storage without paying real money? If there is, could you tell me what level these quests start and if they are worth doing?

Farming:
I come from Last Chaos where there are these huge mining facility type things, so you could just sit there and farm at the same spot over and over again (Though farming did take a lot longer on LC). I noticed in this MMORPG that the production farming producers seem to be scattered and random. Is this true or is there a place that is better for farming X material compared to other materials? I'd like to know this since I'll be spending most of my time working on my skills rather than level while she's at school.

Dungeons X9:
Could someone give me a better detailed explanation of what these are, where to get these quests, and why it's necessary to have higher level members party with you. In Last Chaos I can only assume this is comparable to "Personal Dungeons" but in LC, they only allowed you, yourself to enter and usually you had to be 7-9 levels higher to beat it.

Quest: One Step Ahead:
I've noticed that the Bamboo Village Chief had a quest similar to this where they have a few different quests where you kill 20 of the same monster. However, I didn't do all of that one because when I turned in the first two parts of it, I noticed that no reward was given. I stuck to all of the Dreaming Stronghold Elder ones for One Step Ahead and was rewarded on the last quest. My question for this is, other than grinding, are there any benefits to doing these quests? Can you simply click the last quest in the list and grind those monsters until you get X item and get the same reward? And finally, if you do choose to do the other quests in the list, are you rewarded with extra XP SP for each monster? (I've noticed that each time you kill one, you get the messages over your head as though you were being rewarded for a quest). [Sorry if that explanation sucked, I really don't know how else to explain it.]

Upgrading:
Is there any point in trying to upgrade your weapons/armor at this level (Lvl. 16) In Scions of Fate (another MMORPG) I found it very beneficial to upgrade your armor and weapons at any level. It seems like on this game the higher level weapons are much easier to obtain since there's only like 2-3 levels to the next higher weapon. I was curious if I should be looking into adding sockets to my weapon (Ursa Major Sword) or if I should just keep leaving them unmodified.

Faction:
Does anyone recommend any good factions for my level? I see faction offers all the time but I don't want to put myself somewhere that is inactive or is going to call me a noob repeatedly every time I have a question (As I can and do call myself a nublet all too much as it is! :P).

World Chat:
What level do you get this? I also read something about a 1000 coin fee or something about limit between messages? I don't know it went by too fast.

Thank you to whomever takes the time to read this and answer my questions. I also praise Perfect World for such a great community, there are a lot of MMORPG's out here these days, but this one is one of the most friendly I've encountered! The PWI radio channel also pwnzerz :P Thanks for whoever came up with that.

Occuria
Cleric, level 16
-LostCity
- A man has only one escape from his old self; to see a different self in the mirror of some woman's eyes...
Post edited by ocurria on

Comments

• Ocurria - Lost City
    Ocurria - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Testing avatar change.
  • Ihazacute - Sanctuary
    Ihazacute - Sanctuary Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Inventory:
    You've actually asked two questions here. There are no quests to increase inventory space. However, you can still buy "gold" (the cash shop currency) or buy an inventory extension from other players using just in game coin. So yes, there are ways to get it other than real money.

Farming:

There are places where multiple spawn points of the same mat are located close together, but nothing like you are describing. Most people figure out a "route" so that they go from one point to another and by the time they finished their circle, the first mat has respawned. Respawn on material nodes are 10 minutes.

Dungeons X9:
    If you are a Veno, you *may* be able to do FB19 when you are in your 30's. If you have a full squad of low 20's, its possible as well. Getting higher level players just makes it go faster and most people aren't looking for a challenge in this game, they are looking for lootz and xp'z. Ence's Quest guides in the quest forum have the run down on the who and the when questions.

Yeah, I'm not real sure what you are talking about. The one where you get a list of like 4 mob types to choose from, and you go kill them? That is a repeatable quest with the mobs getting higher level as you do. The reward is a few points of reputation (1-3) which you will find a pretty valuable resource.

Whether they are worth it or not...I'm against them unless I'm going to be grinding that mob anyway. I'd rather just help out with FBs if I need some extra rep.

Upgrading:
    I wouldn't even consider refining or modifiying equip until level 60 or so, and even then you should do so sparingly.

Faction:
    It is very very easy to just drop a faction. If you are receiving random invites, they are probably not going to be worth your time. If you see ads on the world chat, contact whoever and say you'd like to try them for a week. And if they call you noob for that, then you've saved yourself a week!

World Chat:
    Level 10. You have to buy the telecoustics and it uses one per message. They can be bought from the cash shop, or other players sell them for 10k-12k coin each.

If I may make one last suggestion: If you have a lot of time but dont want to level because of your friend, you should make an alternate. Roll a Venomancer and level her just by grinding. They are very good solo and quite inexpensive really. Plus, they have some money making options available to them if you get bored of mat harvesting or you just want to surprise your girl with a cute allclass pet without spending the 300k on it.

Good luck!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Ocurria - Lost City
    Ocurria - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Thank you for your timely response. I will probably end up creating an alternate. I had been considering it, I just hope she doesn't get mad. This is the first MMORPG we've found that appeals to both of us besides Rappelz, which unfortunately requires me to go buy a new video card or better yet a new computer since I'm running a Dimension 2350 from Dell. I hate PCI cards :P

Thanks again!
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    @ The OP - Enjoy your stay here in PerfectWorld.

Trust me, this is a great game. As you can see for yourself. b:pleased

A couple of useful sites you should know about - PerfectWorld DataBase - Ecatomb's fansite

b:bye
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ocurria wrote: »
    Inventory:
    I've read several posts on the inventory/bank stones. I just wanted to clarify, is there no way to increase your storage without paying real money? If there is, could you tell me what level these quests start and if they are worth doing?

Occuria
    Cleric, level 16
    -LostCity

There are two quests to increase your inventory for free:

One will increase your pesronal storage and the second will create a "safe" on the bank.

Edit:

I did a mistake. There are two quest to increase your inventory, I know I did them way back but I ignored which storages were increased. Thanks, Thommix
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009

Farming:
    I come from Last Chaos where there are these huge mining facility type things, so you could just sit there and farm at the same spot over and over again (Though farming did take a lot longer on LC). I noticed in this MMORPG that the production farming producers seem to be scattered and random. Is this true or is there a place that is better for farming X material compared to other materials? I'd like to know this since I'll be spending most of my time working on my skills rather than level while she's at school.

Occuria
    Cleric, level 16
    -LostCity

The locations for your mats are kinda fix. You can find the locations on this website: http://pwdatabase.com/pwi
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Upgrading:
    Is there any point in trying to upgrade your weapons/armor at this level (Lvl. 16) In Scions of Fate (another MMORPG) I found it very beneficial to upgrade your armor and weapons at any level. It seems like on this game the higher level weapons are much easier to obtain since there's only like 2-3 levels to the next higher weapon. I was curious if I should be looking into adding sockets to my weapon (Ursa Major Sword) or if I should just keep leaving them unmodified.

Occuria
    Cleric, level 16
    -LostCity

In this game you basically change armor as you go. You can upgrade certain properties of your armor and weapons by adding stones on them. I heard this is only recomended after level 60.
  • ThommiX - Lost City
    ThommiX - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    There are two quests to increase your inventory for free:

One will increase your pesronal storage and the second will create a "safe" on the bank.

Wrong again.

There are two quests to expand only your banker storage space. For those you need to kill monsters that drop the right dragon quest items. Also remember that if you use the cash shop item to expand your bank storage before doing these two quests that do it for free, you cant do the quests.
    So best way is to do the 2 quests first and then add some more space as needed or just buy the super safe stone to max out your bank storage at once.

They dont create any safe. You allready have a small storage space on banker since lvl1.

Personal inventory however you cant increase without a cash shop item.

Also its good to remember that you dont have to use real money ever if you so wish. There is auctioneer to use where you can buy gold for cash shop with ingame money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Dungeons X9:
    Could someone give me a better detailed explanation of what these are, where to get these quests, and why it's necessary to have higher level members party with you. In Last Chaos I can only assume this is comparable to "Personal Dungeons" but in LC, they only allowed you, yourself to enter and usually you had to be 7-9 levels higher to beat it.

Occuria
    Cleric, level 16
    -LostCity

FB19 can be done with people at the FB level but it's not recomended as you don't know what is inside (conected mobs, mobs that explode,booby traps, AOE, ect) and most likely due to this, team work will not be effective.

You will spend lot of resourses (time, pot, repairs, exps, ect), Therefore the FB might not be worth it for you.

The high level players need any of all of the following: reps, spirits, xp, mats, molds, ect. which they cannot get investing the same effort as in those low levels FB.

The only reason I see for the format of the FB is to allow low level players to interact with high levels. So, they can't see what is coming for them if they keep playing the game (you will get more powerfull).
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Wrong again.

There are two quests to expand only your banker storage space. For those you need to kill monsters that drop the right dragon quest items. Also remember that if you use the cash shop item to expand your bank storage before doing these two quests that do it for free, you cant do the quests.
    So best way is to do the 2 quests first and then add some more space as needed or just buy the super safe stone to max out your bank storage at once.

They dont create any safe. You allready have a small storage space on banker since lvl1.

Also its good to remember that you dont have to use real money ever if you so wish. There is auctioneer to use where you can buy gold for cash shop with ingame money.

Actually, you are correct. However, I did two quests. One increased my safe and one increased my personal inventory for free.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Wrong again.

I did not buy cat shop item to increase my personal storage, I did a quest for that. I just do not recall which quest.
  • ThommiX - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Dungeons X9:

These dungeons have elite monsters in them, 2x hp+dmg compared to normal ones out on field. Bosses in these can drop 2 star,3 star or legendary equipment called Molds. You dont need high levels at all to clear them, just a barbarian,venomancer and cleric who know how to play. Train on the first ones as they are easy. Of course its slower and there's a chance to die without high levels,but using them to run it,you learn nothing.

Usually you get these from elders, just use the find quest button in your quest log on every lvl to find all quests you can pick up, lot of dungeons have extra quests in addition to killing the boss.

I've noticed that the Bamboo Village Chief had a quest similar to this where they have a few different quests where you kill 20 of the same monster. However, I didn't do all of that one because when I turned in the first two parts of it, I noticed that no reward was given. I stuck to all of the Dreaming Stronghold Elder ones for One Step Ahead and was rewarded on the last quest. My question for this is, other than grinding, are there any benefits to doing these quests? Can you simply click the last quest in the list and grind those monsters until you get X item and get the same reward? And finally, if you do choose to do the other quests in the list, are you rewarded with extra XP SP for each monster? (I've noticed that each time you kill one, you get the messages over your head as though you were being rewarded for a quest). [Sorry if that explanation sucked, I really don't know how else to explain it.]

Those are one man army/solo job-quests that are repeatable constantly. They only give you celestone fragment and 1 reputation. Rep reward goes up on higher lvls.
    Upgrading:

No need to waste stones or mirages to make your weapons better on that lvl.
    If you are playing as a barbarian,i do recommend crafting at least 2 star armor set. Helps a lot in tanking.
    Faction:
    Does anyone recommend any good factions for my level? I see faction offers all the time but I don't want to put myself somewhere that is inactive or is going to call me a noob repeatedly every time I have a question (As I can and do call myself a nublet all too much as it is! :P).

You could join my guild, Harvest. Here's a Link to our forums for our guidelines,not full forums are shown untill registered there. You sound like a dedicated player so we could be willing to take you in even that you arent lvl40 yet. PM me here on forums or ingame, i'm usually on most of the time. I'm also playing with my rl wife this game and leveled up at same pace with her since day 1. :D We are friendly and we remember that we were once new with this game also,so there wont be any calling of noobs,unless joking of course :) Ask and guild answers. We're not big,but we have a good,solid core that wont go away.

World Chat:
    What level do you get this? I also read something about a 1000 coin fee or something about limit between messages? I don't know it went by too fast.

Thank you to whomever takes the time to read this and answer my questions. I also praise Perfect World for such a great community, there are a lot of MMORPG's out here these days, but this one is one of the most friendly I've encountered! The PWI radio channel also pwnzerz :P Thanks for whoever came up with that.

Occuria
    Cleric, level 16
    -LostCity

You need teleacoustics from cash shop to use world chat. They usually cost around 12k on our server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • ThommiX - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    I did not buy cat shop item to increase my personal storage, I did a quest for that. I just do not recall which quest.

I think you are mixing terms here now. When i say personal inventory,that means your bag,where all your drops come, the one you see when you press B. That has no free quest to make it bigger. Cash shop items only.

Bank storage has two quests to make it bigger for free. After that you need cash shop items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Bank storage has two quests to make it bigger for free. After that you need cash shop items.

This is what I'm refering. However, one increased my safe and the other increased my bag.

I do not think any of them increased the my safe twice or my bag twice.

Still, I admit I could be wrong since I did these long time ago.b:laugh
  • ThommiX - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    This is what I'm refering. However, one increased my safe and the other increased my bag.

I do not think any of them increased the my safe twice or my bag twice.

Still, I admit I could be wrong since I did these long time ago.b:laugh

I think you just took the inventory extension quest but never returned it. It doesnt add any space until you return it and have inventory extension stone.
    its easy to check, can you scroll down your bag? There should be a slider on the right side.

Also here's a page to check about everything for PW PWdatabase , currently showing quests lvl0-9.

Worries of the banker-quest is the one you can do by gathering materials, there's two of them.

Inv. Extension stone quest is the one to expand your bag, needs inv extension stone.

So, if you have extra row of slots and the slider on the right in your bag, you got a inv extension stone from somewhere. Cant do it any other way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    I think you just took the inventory extension quest but never returned it. It doesnt add any space until you return it and have inventory extension stone.
    its easy to check, can you scroll down your bag? There should be a slider on the right side.

Also here's a page to check about everything for PW PWdatabase , currently showing quests lvl0-9.

Worries of the banker-quest is the one you can do by gathering materials, there's two of them.

Inv. Extension stone quest is the one to expand your bag, needs inv extension stone.

So, if you have extra row of slots and the slider on the right in your bag, you got a inv extension stone from somewhere. Cant do it any other way.

The inventory on my bag was increased by one row at least.

I think when you were low level the quest was bugged. I found some info here:

"There is a lot of questions about the Banker's Quest. Here is a limited (I haven't had time to properly research certain elements) answer to what I hope is most of the questions.

If you pick the simple option of an Inventory/Bank Stone: This is a Cash Shop item. What does this mean? You have to pay real money for the stone, or buy it from another player who has obtained it. There is no monster that drops it. (Unless you count a GM. I heard if you wack them enough you'll get all sorts of things including possibly a Ban Stick :D)

If you pick the other option: You will be sent out to gather all sorts of materials that drop off of various monsters in the game. "

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=136781

I picked the option gather the mats. It was dificult but I did it.
  • justachickk
    justachickk Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I just got on a low level character that hasn't done these quests yet.

There is a quest for the safe extension (Worries of the Banker). You can choose either getting the safe extension stone, or gather materials. Safe extension stone needs to be purchased either from the cash shop or a player shop. Once you complete and turn in the gather materials quest, your bank will be extended. You will then have the option of completing another gather materials quest to extend you bank one more time.

There is another quest for the inventory extension (Inv. Extension Stone). The only option there is to get the inventory extension stone.

This is from a level 3 character, and obviously haven't completed any banker quests.
  • ThommiX - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    The inventory on my bag was increased by one row at least.

I think when you were low level the quest was bugged. I found some info here:

"There is a lot of questions about the Banker's Quest. Here is a limited (I haven't had time to properly research certain elements) answer to what I hope is most of the questions.

If you pick the simple option of an Inventory/Bank Stone: This is a Cash Shop item. What does this mean? You have to pay real money for the stone, or buy it from another player who has obtained it. There is no monster that drops it. (Unless you count a GM. I heard if you wack them enough you'll get all sorts of things including possibly a Ban Stick :D)

If you pick the other option: You will be sent out to gather all sorts of materials that drop off of various monsters in the game. "

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=136781

I picked the option gather the mats. It was dificult but I did it.

You are still talking about the banker storage expansion quest, not personal bag.It clearly states it in your quote too. :)

And yes,the quest was bugged,but not as you think. The bug was that if you took the other option for expanding your bank and then trashed it,you couldnt get the material choice anymore.

P.S. Just rechecked on a lvl1 toon. You cant expand inventory without cash shop item. ONLY Bank storage.

P.P.S. Did you really even go and check your bag? There is a slider if its increased. Since you havent ever bought inv extension stone, You WONT have it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    I
    Once you complete and turn in the gather materials quest, your bank will be extended. You will then have the option of completing another gather materials quest to extend you bank one more time.

I did what you are mentioning.
  • ThommiX - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    I did what you are mentioning.

For the love of god understand: We are talking about BANK expansion and you are talking about BAG. BANK has quests without cs item.

BAG has no such thing. It needs cash shop item. Always,forever,everytime.

Two very different things.

The more you reply, the more it seems you really are confusing one with the other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    For the love of god understand: We are talking about BANK expansion and you are talking about BAG. BANK has quests without cs item.

BAG has no such thing. It needs cash shop item. Always,forever,everytime.

Two very different things.

The more you reply, the more it seems you really are confusing one with the other.

You are correct, since I can't recall exactly which ones where increased. I know I did two quest for increasing inventory. I just can't recall which ones were increased.
  • ThommiX - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    You are correct, since I can't recall exactly which ones where increased. I know I did two quest for increasing inventory. I just can't recall which ones were increased.

Finally. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • Pockums - Heavens Tear
    Pockums - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think Granrey's use of 'bag' is misleading.

Bank storage 1st expansion: material collection OR bank expansion stone
    2nd expansion: material collection OR bank expansion stone
    later expansions: bank expansion stone

Inventory expansion: inventory expansion stone

Now the part that I think Granrey was remembering:

Pet bag 1st expansion: 20 hay OR cage
    2nd expansion: 50 fruit OR cage
    3rd expansion: (#? (100?)) fungus OR cage
    4th expansion: (#? (150?)) wild ginseng OR cage
    later expansions: cage

As for upgrading, I wouldn't suggest upgrading anything until you're higher level, except maybe your fb19 weapon or your rank 1 reputation armour (level 40), if you really want to; even then, +1 or +2 at most. The reason is that you level quickly enough earlier on and you don't stay with the same weapon/armour for long enough for upgrading to be worth the cost. Weapons, you usually get the next one (better damage) every 3 levels or so (fb19 weapon is usually good for about 10 levels). The increment between armours is longer, but even then, you're unlikely to find a piece that has qualities so good that you won't replace it when the next piece becomes available.

Unless you don't spend very much time online, you'll probably be using a fb19 weapon before the week is out.
  • ThommiX - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    I think Granrey's use of 'bag' is misleading.

Bank storage 1st expansion: material collection OR bank expansion stone
    2nd expansion: material collection OR bank expansion stone
    later expansions: bank expansion stone

Inventory expansion: inventory expansion stone

Now the part that I think Granrey was remembering:

Pet bag 1st expansion: 20 hay OR cage
    2nd expansion: 50 fruit OR cage
    3rd expansion: (#? (100?)) fungus OR cage
    4th expansion: (#? (150?)) wild ginseng OR cage
    later expansions: cage

As for upgrading, I wouldn't suggest upgrading anything until you're higher level, except maybe your fb19 weapon or your rank 1 reputation armour (level 40), if you really want to; even then, +1 or +2 at most. The reason is that you level quickly enough earlier on and you don't stay with the same weapon/armour for long enough for upgrading to be worth the cost. Weapons, you usually get the next one (better damage) every 3 levels or so (fb19 weapon is usually good for about 10 levels). The increment between armours is longer, but even then, you're unlikely to find a piece that has qualities so good that you won't replace it when the next piece becomes available.

Unless you don't spend very much time online, you'll probably be using a fb19 weapon before the week is out.

Oh yeah, you could be right. Even though i tried to ask him is he mixing the terms.

True though, forgot pet bag, but i dont think it was that relevant. Since that is no storage space.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • madmanmurdock
    madmanmurdock Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The whole point is to get ppl to interact with each other.. To make friends.. And sometime Enemies