LC is boring

dixienormous
dixienormous Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
Lost city is so boring, 3 guilds own the map and they fight amongst themselves. no other guilds even stand a chance of taking there land. is there really a need for all the high lvls to be in 3 guilds? take a look at the top players in the server there all in 1 of 3 guilds. hopefullysome of the higher lvls start new guilds so we can see new colors on the map and new fun.
Post edited by dixienormous on

Comments

• Grievous - Harshlands
    Grievous - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    dixie .. come to the dark side (harshlands :P)

nah but it may be a while b4 a new guild rises up
  • Wakawka - Lost City
    Wakawka - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    how about everybody in your guild level up so you can compete with the 3 guilds?

Oh I guess thats to much work, you know, it's only what we all had to do. But its nbd, we should just scatter into new guilds because you're not having fun.
  • Sacrifice - Harshlands
    Sacrifice - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Heh, it happens to all servers man.

Every server that will ever exist will eventually have 2-3 guilds competing for territory.

Heck, look at MY-EN, where both servers have ONE guild that pretty much owns the ENTIRE map.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited March 2009

It wont take long at all.

If you were talking about Dreamweaver then yes, it wont be awhile.

But a PvP server can have one powerhouse guild - "join us or die." It can happen quite literally as you can stop people from levelling by simply killing them.

The only downside is you may not be fortunate enough to have a decent set of players willing to do what Conqueror does.

You could:

(A): Have a powerhouse group of "carebears" (they arent actually carebears - just people with common sense)
    (B): Have a powerhouse group of socially inept teenage boys looking to stroke their ego's by PK'ing everything in sight

In the event of (B), expect Harshlands to become really boring fast.

In the event of (A), expect Harshlands to become another Lost City. Only difference is now you've wasted twice as much money, invested twice the amount of time, for... nothing new! Congratulations!

There are legitamite reasons why playing on Harshlands is better for an individual - such as more convenient times.

But when you try to say that "Lost City is Boring", well, news flash! Hashlands is right on track. Give it some gas and it'll speed its way to present day Lost City.
  • Sacrifice - Harshlands
    Sacrifice - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It wont take long at all.

If you were talking about Dreamweaver then yes, it wont be awhile.

But a PvP server can have one powerhouse guild - "join us or die." It can happen quite literally as you can stop people from levelling by simply killing them.

The only downside is you may not be fortunate enough to have a decent set of players willing to do what Conqueror does.

You could:

(A): Have a powerhouse group of "carebears" (they arent actually carebears - just people with common sense)
    (B): Have a powerhouse group of socially inept teenage boys looking to stroke their ego's by PK'ing everything in sight

In the event of (B), expect Harshlands to become really boring fast.

In the event of (A), expect Harshlands to become another Lost City. Only difference is now you've wasted twice as much money, invested twice the amount of time, for... nothing new! Congratulations!

There are legitamite reasons why playing on Harshlands is better for an individual - such as more convenient times.

But when you try to say that "Lost City is Boring", well, news flash! Hashlands is right on track. Give it some gas and it'll speed its way to present day Lost City.

Judging from the HL general attitude, it's going to be (B).

But even from being on carebear servers, it seems the same type of deal happens.

Being on both Lost City and Heaven's Tear, they both seem the same except for the KOS factor.

One guild run's the entire show, or is close to it (Radiance on HT, Conq on LC), So people tend to join the guild that is the post powerful, than you get a guild full of powerhouse's, and THEN no one can touch TW because they'll just get stomped.

So in my opinion, ever server turns out the "same way", just in different ways, if that makes sense.
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It all depends on how you play your cards. It can be 2v2, 3v3, 2v2v2 or just straight out ffa.

From LC, you can clearly see why things happened the way they did. People get cocky, other people choose to random pk or take more of the carebear approach and make more friends than enemies. Either way, LC isn't completely 1 sided, and in fact, if the smaller guilds merge togather for the sake of making a difference, it can easily turn into a FFA like it was for a few weeks.

My point is, if leaders play their cards right they can make anything happen. No1 even realizes that at this point in time, no guild can defend 3 other guilds because it's extremely hard to gather 180 high level people that can be online during the TW and fully defend against other organized guilds.

TW is definitely stacked in favour of defending, but you can't defend with your 60's when your enemy has even 1 party of 80's with the rest being all 60's.
  • Caldaster - Lost City
    Caldaster - Lost City Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    if the smaller guilds merge togather for the sake of making a difference, it can easily turn into a FFA like it was for a few weeks.

Rightfully said. Just let a few of the guild have a set amount of higher lvl palyers and the map will open up again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Poor thing ... lucky me b:victory
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Rightfully said. Just let a few of the guild have a set amount of higher lvl palyers and the map will open up again.

People are leveling. I see people in small guilds I've never heard of with hh80 weapons. The level gap is getting smaller, and maybe we'll see some interesting tw coming up soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    People are leveling. I see people in small guilds I've never heard of with hh80 weapons. The level gap is getting smaller, and maybe we'll see some interesting tw coming up soon.

Couldnt be more true. I see complete no-names with heaven/hell fairies in 90 gear. 1-90 is about 3 months 90-100 for an average player 6months. Therefore people who just start when u are 90 will be 90 before u hit 99/100 and have gear to destroy them. As we all know a 90 is equal to a 98 or 99/100 with no gear so its only a matter of time before more people catch up and more guilds have stronger players. A merge here and there and u will have another TW power in no time.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • heretique
    heretique Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If the people that PK'd everyone all the time stopped for a few weeks to let the others catch up to there level, then we'd have some good action.. but they don't. They're too scared once the lowbies get to there level they'll get there **** handed to them.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    heretique wrote: »
    If the people that PK'd everyone all the time stopped for a few weeks to let the others catch up to there level, then we'd have some good action.. but they don't. They're too scared once the lowbies get to there level they'll get there **** handed to them.

If people stopped pking all the time, then they would be leveling, and you still wouldn't catch up.

However, if soemone spends all day pking, most likely they're moving around all over the place. Their whole day, they probably don't get very much exp at all. Everyone they pked, only got killed once or twice, and can still level the rest of the time, meaning you should be able to catch up/outlevel them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If people stopped pking all the time, then they would be leveling, and you still wouldn't catch up.

However, if soemone spends all day pking, most likely they're moving around all over the place. Their whole day, they probably don't get very much exp at all. Everyone they pked, only got killed once or twice, and can still level the rest of the time, meaning you should be able to catch up/outlevel them.

Yup. b:victory! Unless there were like Maguro was, he kept pking and lvling very nicely until he quit playing.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    sillyfoo wrote: »
    Yup. b:victory! Unless there were like Maguro was, he kept pking and lvling very nicely until he quit playing.

I don't really know how. He also managed to contribute thousands of herbs to the guild bank every week, and collected made tons of ult. substances.

I think he just wandered around the map, picking up anything he saw, and killed anything in his way, mob or person (including guild members).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dixienormous
    dixienormous Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i doubt there will be another strong enough guild to compete in TW. these "no names" u say with high lvl gears in guuilds u can bet there arnt a lot in that guild theres just a bunch of small guild with a couple active high lvl players and the guild are to stubborn or not smart enough to merge and create one good enough guild
  • Xsephyr - Lost City
    Xsephyr - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Heh, it happens to all servers man.

Every server that will ever exist will eventually have 2-3 guilds competing for territory.

Heck, look at MY-EN, where both servers have ONE guild that pretty much owns the ENTIRE map.

Exactly, Warlords owns the entire map on Oracle, and I'm not sure about Delphi.