Server time zone, sigh

Options
cottman
cottman Posts: 62 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
OK, we know (at least I know) it is not possible to transfer characters from one server to another. I really want to play in eastern time zone but I won't ditch my lvl80+ character.

I am sure I am not alone. Not all "old" players want western time and not new players want eastern time. It would be great if one of the old servers is moved to eastern time and one new server to western time. (I am in HT if you can't read between lines).

But "These two new servers are located on the East Coast of the United States." Do I need to say more? b:surrender
Post edited by cottman on

Comments

• Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I am sure many people currently on one of the "West" servers would be very grateful to be suddenly moved to East, particularly those living on the West Coast.

/sarcasm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxentamer - Lost City
    Foxentamer - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well, the only problem with changing the servers to Western time, is that they are located on the East Coast of the United States. If they were to change the server time, that means those who work and maintain the server would have to adjust their schedules accordingly. I just don't think that they are prepared to do that. And another problem with shifting one western server to eastern time and one eastern to western is just weird. That would go against their purpose of having the two new East Coast servers for those of us on the East Coast and in Europe. Sorry if I sounded a little harsh or blunt. b:surrender
  • jalenstar4ever
    jalenstar4ever Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    So let me see if I am getting this right ...

... since Cottman isn't allowed to transfer his individual character to a new eastern time zone server, let's transfer Cottman long with the rest of the ENTIRE server to eastern time zone so that Cottman can have his eastern time zone server.

Is that about right?
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yes, you didn't know PW was all about Cottman? You guys fail!
  • coldice2000
    coldice2000 Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yeah guys, didn't you know that cottman is the center of all worlds?
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If you dont wanna give up your char then dont reroll otherwise suck it up and move on with ur gaming life.
  • cottman
    cottman Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yeah guys, didn't you know that cottman is the center of all worlds?

If I do a population vote, eastern time will win. But vote or not, server time zone move is not going to happen. I am grown enough to know that.
  • Julyah - Sanctuary
    Julyah - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Let's keep it this way for one reason: I've heard that Cottman's tears can cure cancer. It's just that Cottman has never cried before. Now it's almost happening and maybe my grandma can still be saved.
    [Tech Support Junkie]
    Player 1: "I dont believe this is an off-topic worthy thread."
    Player 2: "It's not even worth it for lower depths. What do we do?"
    Player 3: "Delete it?"
    Mod: "Moving this to tech support."