help designing a party

infernoct
infernoct Posts: 7 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hello all

Me and 3 friends more are going to start playing this game and we are going to play like a party most of time. We have experience playing other mmorpgs and Perfect World looks interesting.

Its ovbious that one of us has to be "the tank" (barbar), and im sure we'll need a healer (cleric). But im not sure what class to choose for the 2 other players, they has to be 2 DPS i think.

The questions are:
1- is worth playing this game like a party since the begining?
2- if you started a party with 4 members, what class would u choose for each player??
3- what build do u recomend for each??

Thanku all, i cannot wait for start this gameb:victory
Post edited by infernoct on

Comments

• The_Mule - Sanctuary
    The_Mule - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The main problem you will have is that there are three starting locations.

City of Plume - Archer / Cleric

City of Lost - Barbarian / Venomancer

Etherblade - Wizard / Blademaster

so until you get to about level 20 (not entirely sure on this number) you will not share the same quests.

It would probably be better to either play from the same location or to help 1 character levl up one day and a different one the next if you want to start in a squad, though to be honest the starting stuff is relatively easy anyway and it won't take that long till you are a high enough level to squad up anyway.

If you play in a party experience/spirit etc are shared between each member so this can mean slower levelling.

A Venomancer is a big asset to a party as its pet can tank and she can cast spells as well.

You start off with pretty much a basic set of skills that can be upgraded and added to as you level.
  • infernoct
    edited March 2009
    It seems that the problem will be that we need to start in different places, but we dont want to be the same class all of us. b:sad

Even if we has to spend one week or more until we can play together i think it can be worth.

I know venomancer is a very good class for soloing, but we want to take a diferent rol each of us.

Is not good being one tank, one healer and 2 pure dps??
    im thinking about using 2 wizards, 1wiz/1warrior, 1wiz/1archer

Give me your opinion please
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The different starting locations will only be a factor for the first 20 levels. After that you'll all converge again. It's not even worth taking into account.

As for the best party for 4 people.. there's not a whole lot of different ways to go about it. This is quite easily the most solid group:

1 barb
    2 clerics
    1 veno

That's the essentials for any decent party. Anything more than that is just icing on the cake.

With that, you can do pretty much almost anything in the game.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • infernoct
    edited March 2009
    Why not using a wizzard?? as main dps (i've readed that does higher damage)
    and why using 2 healers??
  • Tomato - Dreamweaver
    Tomato - Dreamweaver Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I would think you need a wizard for higher levels since the mobs/bosses will be mostly ranged magic type. You will also need a veno for pulling mobs. b:victory
  • infernoct
    edited March 2009
    Do we need a veno to pull mobs?? the barb cannot do it as main tank??

Do u know a good guide for tanking so i can understand better how it works??

Thank u again!!!
  • Tomato - Dreamweaver
    Tomato - Dreamweaver Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    infernoct wrote: »

Thank u again!!!

The veno will mostly pull mobs in dungeons, boss underlings, etc.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    infernoct wrote: »

Thank u again!!!

Veno's the only class that can pull one mob at a time reliably.

The barb is there to grab the aggro and hold it, but for a lot of things the veno could do that too (for most of the game if they have a herc)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • infernoct
    edited March 2009
    what do u mean when u say herc???b:question

Do u recomend not to use wizards on the party??
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Adding a wizard to the mix would be just fine, you won't need a seconds cleric except for some bosses, and in those cases you will want a full party of 6 anyway. By some bosses I also mean various FB's and TT, not just outdoor bosses.

As for Veno's pulling, like someone above said we are the only class that can reliably pull one mob at a time. Is is an essential skill in many FB's and TT.
    Have your Veno read this:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=13941
    I advise them to practice on regular world mobs until they get the hand of it. Smart Venos seem to be a rarity, my faction keeps yelling at me for not being on when they need a Veno =/

*Edit*
    Herc mean Baby Hercules, one of the Veno legendary pets. Thay tank as well as a barb in many cases.
  • infernoct
    edited March 2009
    Thanku very much

I think we will use a veno, a barb, cleric and wizard for our party.

I hope it worksb:victory
  • Ladysonja - Sanctuary
    Ladysonja - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Herc is a hercules pet for a venomancer. It is one of the strongest a Veno can get.
  • Ladysonja - Sanctuary
    Ladysonja - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Good luck to you and the new party!
  • infernoct
    edited March 2009
    Thank You All