equipments for archer question

Options
wuxinnan
wuxinnan Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Archer
As an archer do yo prefer elemental defense or phys. def equipments? The reason i asked is because i noticed that there was a heavey wrist and shoes equipment that i could wear with more def. but lower elemental defense. just curious ty for your response
Post edited by wuxinnan on

Comments

• wuxinnan
    edited March 2009
    Options
    btw those higher defensive equipments i could wear was lower lvl than the current lvl equipments that i could wear but still were lower in defense
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If you prefer grinding on magical mobs have magical def accessories and vice versa. Stick with light armor no matter what or you gonna gimp urself at higher lvls. At higher lvls you will either be wearing gear 10-30 lvls below u if you stick with heavy or if u do have the stats to wear heavy armor at ur same lvl u will suck at killing stuff and get owned in pk by mages, clerics, venos, and owned in pve vs magical mobs. Archers do not have high hp and are the only class without a self heal. Do not go heavy armor you will regret it. If its at lower lvls like 1-10 i can understand that since most mobs will be physical but stick to light armor.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    yeah just wear light armor as any other type of armor will require either magic or strength requirements unless you're wearing lower lvl armor. you should probably never be able to wear arcane equipment except for hats because those all have higher magic reqs than you should have. what i do is keep 2 sets of belts/amulets, one for entirely physical defense, the other set for elemental defense and switch those depending on what kind of mobs i have to face for my next mob kill quest.
  • wuxinnan
    edited March 2009
    Options
    oh icic, i'll take your advice tyvm
  • buningshock
    buningshock Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Also at higher levels the bonuse stats of items varie based on type, evations are the best with their + crit but the dodge is near useless. I'd recoment Phy def because the +phy is useful and the def is helpful. Combos of Mag and Phy def is good too.
  • AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear
    AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I wouldnt recommend sharding your armor with phy/magical gems at all, considering hp for an archer is far more important
  • BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary
    BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I wouldnt recommend sharding your armor with phy/magical gems at all, considering hp for an archer is far more important

the bonus from shards isnt that big......... 25 extra hp wont save my life when monsters hit me for like 100+ a hit at my lvl so i stick with evasion... not sure if im takin it the wrong way there.. its just me =o... got like 1.8k evasion so far and i hardly die unless the mob is magic
    [SIGPIC]i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp237/DoT_Ending/Sigs/Evilcopy.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    the bonus from shards isnt that big......... 25 extra hp wont save my life when monsters hit me for like 100+ a hit at my lvl so i stick with evasion... not sure if im takin it the wrong way there.. its just me =o... got like 1.8k evasion so far and i hardly die unless the mob is magic

most mobs u will meet now are magic unless u go melee them>.>
    i find evasion is nice, but doesnt really help that much, i got like 2.7 evasion with buff but its still not even 30% chance to evade... its nothing for mob, but its nice for PvP
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Manicero - Sanctuary
    Manicero - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    mobs will hit u even if u have the highest evade ever

but in pvp players wont hit u as much
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

If you use the **** average shards, its 25hp per shard. You ahve 6 equip that can be shared, and 4 slots per equip. Thats 300 extra hp if you shard them all.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ive tried evasion, had 5k of it at a time , switched to hp and never looked back, youll need that hp at bosses/tts/tw, and grind is much much safer
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    if You Use The **** Average Shards, Its 25hp Per Shard. You Ahve 6 Equip That Can Be Shared, And 4 Slots Per Equip. Thats 300 Extra Hp If You Shard Them All.

6*4*25 = 600hp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • acidstorm
    acidstorm Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    HP all the way. Physical classes will miss you a lot on 90+ unless they get some nice accuracy equipment but they cant avoid the ''missing'' no matter what they do they can only reduce it. Also for PvP mixing HP shards with 5 ele magic shards is nice too. I would still go with HP though. :]
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    6*4*25 = 600hp

b:chuckle its good someone did the mathb:thanks.
  • wuxinnan
    edited March 2009
    Options
    so i finally got a hold of my sinister shooter :D yay...but i was wondering is it worth to save up for thosel legendary armors? i think its called barbarian something lvl 42 equip. how long would that last me if i were to get that set?
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i was good with using barb shaman armor till 60, then found some 3* in ah
  • wuxinnan
    edited March 2009
    Options
    so you just got that chest piece but the rest you used regular armor drops? also is the barb worth spending 450k? or should i just save up for my lvl 60 weapon...also why do people use tt60 cross bow when they could use the legendary sling shot at that lvl (i think it is penetrator or wind and the cloud)
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    wuxinnan wrote: »
    so you just got that chest piece but the rest you used regular armor drops? also is the barb worth spending 450k? or should i just save up for my lvl 60 weapon...also why do people use tt60 cross bow when they could use the legendary sling shot at that lvl (i think it is penetrator or wind and the cloud)

i think the barb of shaman shirt is quite worth it till 60
    well i got armor that worked for me but is quite atypical, i got 1-3* armors that had +hp recover, had a very high hp recover +winged shell use= no pots, but later on i learned the importance of high hp and got mold armors/gold TT (4k+ hp at 80+ with only 3 base vit, so got like 2300 base hp and an extra 1700 or so from equips, 4 socket equips with average citrines mostly and +2)
    the 51? tiger strength? mold boots are nice, theres some ok 69 pants, theres decent 60 quest shirt? or maybe 70, well ya gotta pwdatbase and look, there arent too many great mold armors for arch at lower levels
    i dont think getting great armors is so important till 7x/8x but doing +2 to armor that youll keep a while is cheap and hepful
    ok about weps :
    53 the penetrator costs about 3mil(arguably worth it , but having 3mil at that lvl is a bit hard and well you can get to 60 fairly fast), which is a bit much at the lvl, so many push sinister shooter till 55/58 3* weps or 60 TT wep
    the 60 tt wep is good till 69 wind and clouds
    the solarslayer is a decent 61 mold wep, but tt60 wep is easy/relatively cheap to make/farm mats for if youre in a faction get em to run the tt60 with ya and youll have the drums for it without a problem
  • ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear
    ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ^ agree completely