Pure Mag Cleric at PvP server?

ghui
ghui Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Cleric
I currectly have a lvl36 Pure Mag Cleric (i.e. 9 Mag 1 Str every 2 lvls)
at Lost City. However, Lost City is a pk server and I always
got 1-hit by others. Can Pure Mag Clerics survive at PvP servers? Should I change my build by adding some vit?
Post edited by ghui on

Comments

• Nayethe - Lost City
    Nayethe - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ghui wrote: »
    I currectly have a lvl36 Pure Mag Cleric (i.e. 9 Mag 1 Str every 2 lvls)
    at Heaven Tears. However, Heaven Tears is a pk server and I always
    got 1-hit by others. Can Pure Mag Clerics survive at PvP servers? Should I change my build by adding some vit?

Friendly correction: Just so you know, Heaven's Tear is a PvE server, not a PvP server (There will be PKing on any server, though probably less on PvE).

The thing to know about a pure MAG Cleric is that you will be a glass cannon. At lvl 6x, Blademasters many levels below you will have more HP than you! This means, as you've noticed, that you will probably get 1-2 shotted. However, if you keep your attack skills leveled, you can dish out a lot of damage. If you're careful and smart, you can win in fights against most classes. Plus, you'll have some extra versatility over a Wizard since you have BOTH physical and magical attacks at your command. If you like 1-2 shotting others and don't mind being 1-2 shotted yourself, a glass cannon may be the build for you.

Just so you know, the preferred build for Clerics is 6 MAG, 3 VIT, 1 STR every 2 levels. This helps you survive a bit longer in FB, TT, and in PvP situations. The tradeoff is lower damage.

In the end, it's up to you! Hope this helps!
    Nayethe - 7x Combat Cleric
    ~Reviction~
  • ghui
    ghui Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Sorry my bad I actually mean the Lost City Server, not Heaven Tears (I always mixed them up). Thanks for the reply.
    So, Pure Mag clerics are not really that suitable for PvP servers because ppl can all 1-2 shot u (especially when u are grinding)?
  • Kathar - Lost City
    Kathar - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Pure magic builds can be GREAT 1v1 Pkers *if* you lvl are your attack skills, have great reaction times and always get the first hit. If you don't like getting surprised when grinding pure magic is not the build for you. Also Pure magic builds are at a disadvantage in group PK as once you get focus fired you are DEAD. (Remember if you play in TW as a cleric you are always first or 2nd priority to be taken out.)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I am a pure mag build and love it! I don't seem to have too many problems with PK. Its all in knowing your skills, especially heals, and your surroundings. You can usually tell when someone is "thinking" about going after you. Additionally, I use shards to build my HP which gives you that extra edge. And, like Kather suggested, I have kept my attacks lvl'd to the max. With these attacks, you might be surprised at who you could beat in a duel or at PK.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If you ask me an LA Cleric has highter survivality than hyrbid and same dmg with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Pure Mag clerics on PvP server = bad. In the 6x+ range, archers 5+ levels below you one shot you with a crit on a normal attack. BMs stun and hit once and your dead, 3 times if you have a hiero (which you'll still be stunned throughout that whole time)
  • Reitetsu - Harshlands
    Reitetsu - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Pure Mag clerics on PvP server = bad. In the 6x+ range, archers 5+ levels below you one shot you with a crit on a normal attack. BMs stun and hit once and your dead, 3 times if you have a hiero (which you'll still be stunned throughout that whole time)
    Bull****. I've played a pure mag cleric up to 70lvl, and no one could one hit me (except 80+ archers with crit hit of course, but it is 10, I repeat it, 10 levels ABOVE me, not below). There is one thing... Pure mag cleric must get a good equipment at 60+. If I remember correctly, when I stopped playing, there where a 1.5k hp bonus total. And good connection is a must, because you are constantly changing targets (healing your opponent instead of yourself is a bad thing).
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Pure magic builds can be GREAT 1v1 Pkers *if* you lvl are your attack skills, have great reaction times and always get the first hit. If you don't like getting surprised when grinding pure magic is not the build for you. Also Pure magic builds are at a disadvantage in group PK as once you get focus fired you are DEAD. (Remember if you play in TW as a cleric you are always first or 2nd priority to be taken out.)
    Agreed. PvP 1:1 are most of the time easy as sh*t. Especially after you get your 79 skills. MOST of the time you wont go down in a single hit. But unlike PvE duels, theres nothing holding PvP players with a rule to not gangbang a cleric in the wilderness/TW. Repeated stun attacks will keep you from even plumeshell or guardian light, youll most likely die before assistance reaches you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan