LA or Robes

Draginx - Lost City
Draginx - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Cleric
So up til now, I have stuck with wearing all the best robs on my cleric. But now I am wondering if I should make the witch to light armor. I've heard that its a better choice, but I'm not sure.

The thing I am getting hung up on is I would have to add points to dex, which has so far been left at 5. So in the long run, is it worth devoting points to dex so I can wear stronger armor?

Thanks in advance.
I buff, heal, and revive for free. ^-^
Post edited by Draginx - Lost City on

Comments

• AlpineFrost - Lost City
    AlpineFrost - Lost City Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    First off,

Are you a full support cleric, full attack or a hybrid?

full support is better suited to robes, because you sacrifice too much healing ability to get the LA

full attack is better suited to LA because you already arnt very good at healing, and are more than likely built for PvP and the LA will give you more survivability and crit chance from the dex.

And hybrid really depends on how much you wanna PvP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ex-Waffles Director
    ~Ragequit
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    So up til now, I have stuck with wearing all the best robs on my cleric. But now I am wondering if I should make the witch to light armor. I've heard that its a better choice, but I'm not sure.

The thing I am getting hung up on is I would have to add points to dex, which has so far been left at 5. So in the long run, is it worth devoting points to dex so I can wear stronger armor?

Thanks in advance.

Depends, have you put any points to vit? if yes then you should restat and then go LA, on the other hand if you haven't put any points on vit then you can switch to LA but still it will take you a long time.

Anyway, if you don't care about PvP then stick wth the robes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Draginx - Lost City
    Draginx - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have 30 Vit right now, and that's what i have left it at for a while. Other then that, I've just been putting enough on Str to use equipment, and the rest on Mag.

I consider myself full support I guess. Whenever it comes to getting new skills, I always get buff/heal before attacking ones.
    I buff, heal, and revive for free. ^-^
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    I have 30 Vit right now, and that's what i have left it at for a while. Other then that, I've just been putting enough on Str to use equipment, and the rest on Mag.

Then unless you wanna be playing with lower lvl light armors than you, you have to restat and build from scrach.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    PvE - Robed
    PvP - Robed

Basically, well it's simple
    Robed = Better Magic Defence + Plume shell all the Phy defence you need.
    LA = bad Magic Defence and bade Phy Defence you can plume shell - not enuf mana for it

PvE - Most mobs are 60 are Magic - 1 ironheart blessing and you're good.
    PvP - This is how a cleric kills, We sleep spark kill. we dont sleep spark tank tank kill
    we can't tank why would you wanna be a tank you're not a tank don't try to be a tank just go Robed and 2 hit level 70 BMs if you can (Is possible if your full Int)
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    PvE - Robed
    PvP - Robed

Basically, well it's simple
    Robed = Better Magic Defence + Plume shell all the Phy defence you need.
    LA = bad Magic Defence and bade Phy Defence you can plume shell - not enuf mana for it

PvE - Most mobs are 60 are Magic - 1 ironheart blessing and you're good.
    PvP - This is how a cleric kills, We sleep spark kill. we dont sleep spark tank tank kill
    we can't tank why would you wanna be a tank you're not a tank don't try to be a tank just go Robed and 2 hit level 70 BMs if you can (Is possible if your full Int)

That's exacly what a short minded person would say. It's obvious you have no idea about LA clerics, ever fought one?
    I rest my case. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    actaully I know a level 65 LA cleric, I solo more easy
    and as for fighting LA clerics Magic for a cleric out damages physical so LA has less Magic defence and well die ^.~
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    LA is basically just nice when you're under spikes. In TW, you might as well assume you don't have any kind of buffs. Because the ones that tend to get you, involve a veno purging you. So the more balanced defense of LA will help if you're under attack by multiple sources. You're boned if it's all magic though. And the loss of possible magic or vit to dex to equip it means you're essentially hoping for the melee shwacking them.

So while stunned, purged, sealed, frozen, etc. having LA helps, only when under attack by physical though. It does weaken you against all ranged classes, as archers who are good should notice the not robey thing and switch skills appropriately.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    What I have seen is that the loss of HP is easily dealt with (LA's dissadvantage), the loss of phy def is not (Robe's dissadvantage), especially if you're pure mag cleric, then you have to worry about both hp and phy def, you can't always have plume shell on, am I wrong?

The magic defence on LA is not as crappy as some of you claim it to be and the loss of magic dmg/heal is not much at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Scoleo - Sanctuary
    Scoleo - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    What I have seen is that the loss of HP is easily dealt with (LA's dissadvantage), the loss of phy def is not (Robe's dissadvantage), especially if you're pure mag cleric, then you have to worry about both hp and phy def, you can't always have plume shell on, am I wrong?

The magic defence on LA is not as crappy as some of you claim it to be and the loss of magic dmg/heal is not much at all.

i would just like to say that i highly recommend using robes. use a build of like 7-8mag/1str/1-2vit per lvl. with that build the robe cleric would do more dmg, have way better heals (no crit heals), have higher mag def, and have more health than a LA cleric. The only advantage of the LA cleric is higher phys def which is easily compensated for by plume shell.

Mikel, you are correct that it cannot be on 100% of the time, but it lasts 20sec and only has a 30sec cooldown. This is only 10sec you are really vulerable to phys dmg. I think the benefit of robes outways those of LA for clerics.

Just my thoughts. hope it helps
    edited February 2009
    baseing a build on TW can be nice but the fact is your cleric ain't gonna be in TW everytime you're online,
    Generally speaking from level 60-66 on a PVE aspect I have only seen 1 meele mob being that gang leaders the other 99% of mobs have been magical
    PvP wise - clerics don't beat Bms and Barbs by tanking their shots - plume shell - does that for them
    Duel wise - against BMs even an LA would use same tactic which would be plume shell - Sleep - spark - attack that is what a cleric does In duels.
    I hit around 2k sparked with weild thunder then 1.5k with cyclone - A large majority of my levels die in 2 hits
  • bitbybit
    bitbybit Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well I am a lvl 73 robe hybrid cleric. I have 2.7k phy def and have about 8k mag def fully buffed. I own EVERY SINGLE LA cleric that I dueled around my lvl. I socket PHY DEF because of the buff we all get. Although my gear is all legendary except for the cape which is 3 star. In my opinion LA builds are not for wizards or clerics.