FB59 Myths,Legends and Superstitions of Avoiding the Last Boss Glitch

Options
HolyInferno - Sanctuary
HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
First of all... WTH GM's , please fix this. Losing out on xp and rep stinksb:angry

However, out of this annoying glitch came the onslaught of ridiculous (and many times, hysterical) legends, myths and superstitions on how to avoid it. I have heard a couple myself but would like to hear yours and the ones you've heard. Not to steal anyone's thunder, I will start it off with the best one I heard to date.

"Stow your pets right before the boss dies and it won't glitch!" b:chuckle
b:bye you were all swell peoples
Post edited by HolyInferno - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    First of all... WTH GM's , please fix this. Losing out on xp and rep stinksb:angry

However, out of this annoying glitch came the onslaught of ridiculous (and many times, hysterical) legends, myths and superstitions on how to avoid it. I have heard a couple myself but would like to hear yours and the ones you've heard. Not to steal anyone's thunder, I will start it off with the best one I heard to date.

"Stow your pets right before the boss dies and it won't glitch!" b:chuckle
    It might help if you stated what this supposed "glitch" is. I've ran a number of FB59's and have never had any problems with any of the bosses, not even the "last" boss.

~S
  • MistresShade - Sanctuary
    MistresShade - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It might help if you stated what this supposed "glitch" is. I've ran a number of FB59's and have never had any problems with any of the bosses, not even the "last" boss.

~S

ditto

10 chars
    I am the biggest hypocrit you will ever see or hear, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Greed destroys even the tightest of bonds
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Killing the last boss in that FB doesn't let you complete your quest (tab quest). It RARELY happens now over 30 runs and it glitched like once for me.
  • Igino - Sanctuary
    Igino - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Myth or not. With last FB boss, at least in other versions, it works when you use tab when boss has low health, say below 30%. Then it registers the kill and you get exp.
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I've run about 17 fb59. People say tabbing with the last 10% of hp on the last boss avoids the glitch all together but honestly i seen it done and it didnt helpb:surrender. Glitched 3 times i've seen personally out of all the times i gone. >.< person got the kill for the quest but the tab didnt work therefore no xp and no repb:cry.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    My FB59 glitched >.>. I still have the stupid tab, can I go back in and get free exp for it?
  • Novie - Sanctuary
    Novie - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Sure. A tab is a tab =)
    Sanctuary - Novie 84 Archer inactive
    Sanctuary - Avatea 62 Veno (with herc) b:victory
    Dreamweaver - Nova 60 Cleric inactive
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I have 102 Sacred Beast bloods in the bank so out of the 21 times I have run it that boss has glitched 3 times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Kuschel - Lost City
    Kuschel - Lost City Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yeah it glitched for me, but then the other 2521462 Fb59's I've run people always say like "Tab then change leader, then tab again..."

I dunno it's only ever failed once that I've seen... and that was mine...

lmao QQ
    No hiding in room 32 NPC.

b:bye
  • Dark_neko - Lost City
    Dark_neko - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The way I've always heard to fix it is to tab, pass lead, then tab again. Has worked everytime so far.
    IGN: Dark_Neko
    Server: Lost City
    Faction: NekoGami - Leader

PM me for invite ;)
  • sillyfoo
    edited March 2009
    Options
    My FB59 glitched >.>. I still have the stupid tab, can I go back in and get free exp for it?

I had to do same thing for a buddie of mine he wined fb59 again and did one boss tabed and kill the other bosses to see if molds would drop. Only the tabed one will give squad exp the rest is just if they wanna since exp wont be good.
  • ThommiX - Lost City
    ThommiX - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    My guild fixed that bug by simply never wining the dungeon and killing all 4 guards from every boss, this was 100% glitch free way. done about 30-40+ runs there. The one time we were in rush and didnt kill all guards from one boss, the last boss glitched.
    We liked the stamps that dropped there and the place was easy so no need to wine :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • sillyfoo
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The way I've always heard to fix it is to tab, pass lead, then tab again. Has worked everytime so far.

By the time you know the glitch happened the boss is dead already soooooooo kinda late to do that trickb:bye.
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Not using wine in a 59, oh dear god. In my opinion, biggest waste of time ever lol.
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I have done the pass lead after the tabber puts in the tab, then retab

Done thhe 10% hp then tab

Also heard if you don't kill the 3 lanterns in the middle till after the last boss it won't glitch

Done about 50 runs, 2 times bug happened, none of the above were tried on those two
    b:bye
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Myth or not. With last FB boss, at least in other versions, it works when you use tab when boss has low health, say below 30%. Then it registers the kill and you get exp.

Sorry but we once tabbed at 10% and it glitched and didnt get tab quest credit (nor did anyone else in the pty).

I really wish i could find the forum post now but its been far too buried. However a GM did say how to workaround the issue (and it's going to sound more bizarre then many myths but i swear a GM posted it). He first stated tabbing near the end does reduce the chances for a glitch, but doesnt entirely eliminate it. To eliminate the chance of a glitch altogether, tab it before engaging like normal, but as the boss falls to around 50% health or so, swap leader, which will auto-fail the quest & the taber will get his tab back, now when the boss is around 25% re-tab and it is "suppossedly" guarenteed to work. I say supposedly cause honestly i havent tested it myself & obviously havent tested it several hundred times needed to know if its truth or not.

Edit: gah i gotta stop ak'ing while writing a response, i see this solution was covered about 17 minutes ago.
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hmm I think if I'd have to guess I've done about 100 fb 59's and I've seen it all happenb:angry These are the most common remedies to the "glitch" :

1. Tab when boss is at 10/20%.

2. Tab before boss takes any damage.

3. If tabbed too early pass lead around then pass back to tabber to retab.

4. Don't tab at start but rather tab at the bosses.

NONE of those are 100% foolpoof!!! Idc what people tell you every single one of those things can STILL cause the boss to glitch!! That boss has a mind of its own on whether or not it's gonna glitch...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I have 102 Sacred Beast bloods in the bank so out of the 21 times I have run it that boss has glitched 3 times.

u should get me in on some of those fbs b:sad
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Tabbing at low health seems to be the most generally accepted way of dealing with it. Worked for me every time so far.

How much health, however, is kinda debated.

Personally, I think anything below 50% works fine. 30% is probably safer. At 10% you're starting to push it and risk tabbing too late.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

False, I did it numerous times on other versions, and I saw it bug when the tab was put either at the beginning or the end of the boss life.

I did a lot of runs on this server too, and since a few month, we always put tab at the beginning of the boss and never saw it bug so far.

So in my opinion the bug was happening totally at random, and it was most likely fixed since then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    False, I did it numerous times on other versions, and I saw it bug when the tab was put either at the beginning or the end of the boss life.

I did a lot of runs on this server too, and since a few month, we always put tab at the beginning of the boss and never saw it bug so far.

So in my opinion the bug was happening totally at random, and it was most likely fixed since then.

yea thats true i did yesterday fb59 and we tabbed at the beginning and no fail
    but what comes to my own fb59 run back then i still have 1 tab left :)