ANNOUNCEMENT: Something wicked this way comes!

2»

Comments

• markillian99
    markillian99 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I wonder where exactly are the new servers? I wanted to calculate how many miles away I am but I don't know where they are exactly.
  • Moytoy - Heavens Tear
    Moytoy - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    4am please or ill give you all dry spagehtti , i have school till 4am then i come home >_> please do it 4am , thanks =P

Edit : you really should launch them in 4am , those are our NEW time zones =P so please =P
    New guild coming out on the new PvE server [Dreamwaver] .
    Wanna join ? need more details ? PM me .
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So....This is amazing....
  • Novie - Sanctuary
    Novie - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    But but.. I dont wanna wait 2 hours =( lol
    Sanctuary - Novie 84 Archer inactive
    Sanctuary - Avatea 62 Veno (with herc) b:victory
    Dreamweaver - Nova 60 Cleric inactive
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    MOyMoy Moy!!! Whats your username going to be on Dreamweaver!?

I wanna knwo so I can whisper you. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Crafty_Mama - Sanctuary
    Crafty_Mama - Sanctuary Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i want to play in the New servers because i live in Norfolk which is East Coast
    but i put to much effort into the current server i am in maaan this sucksb:sad
    rawr^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Novie - Sanctuary
    Novie - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Same here... I live in NYC and while I AM rerolling a char just for fun I def have put too much time and effort on this char to abandon it.
    Sanctuary - Novie 84 Archer inactive
    Sanctuary - Avatea 62 Veno (with herc) b:victory
    Dreamweaver - Nova 60 Cleric inactive
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I walked away from billions of ISK, Ships and a POS in EVE w/o blinking (total value in excess of 300 Billion Isk... over a years worth of hard work, skill building and hours and hours of time put into the game). I'll be walking away (for the most part) from Saitada to start on the new servers.

I look forward to seeing you all there.

~Saitada
    edited March 2009
    thanks GMs for the new servers but its a fail for those who actually spent time on your other servers it woudve been nice playing on the same time zones with othr players and havng a bettr connection b:pleased
    rawr^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aissha - Sanctuary
    Aissha - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    True.

But the problem is that your most dedicated palyer base is alredy playing on the existing servers, many have already invested a large sum of time and money on this game, and thus will not be able/willing to move to those new servers.

Another epic fail of PWI.

with all do respect this is not an epic fail... the GM's didnt force u to move by opening the new servers they just give opportunities to the ones willing to have a better gameplay...

the fact u have a high lvl char that u arent able to move to new servers is entirely ure problem and does not affect other players so i can say it...

NO! this is not an epic fail but a step forward.
    Let the other players have a bit of fun too... See-ya in Dreamweaver... or Harshlands if ill roll an archer b:laugh
    edited March 2009
    with all do respect this is not an epic fail... the GM's didnt force u to move by opening the new servers they just give opportunities to the ones willing to have a better gameplay...

the fact u have a high lvl char that u arent able to move to new servers is entirely ure problem and does not affect other players so i can say it...

NO! this is not an epic fail but a step forward.
    Let the other players have a bit of fun too... See-ya in Dreamweaver... or Harshlands if ill roll an archer b:laugh

yea its not a fail for other players gives them a better game play experience but as for me its a fail lol b:victory
    rawr^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Longshot__ - Sanctuary
    __Longshot__ - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So, like, um, are the same GMs going to manage the new servers or did they hire someone in NYC/ NJ ?
  • Musiku - Heavens Tear
    Musiku - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    man i wish maitenece was over
  • Dazels - Lost City
    Dazels - Lost City Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Europian times would actually be awsome.

TW on normell times not 5am and bieng able to join in events etc
    Ooo I know lets roll pvp server so i can QQ about pking...

Loving Cyprus the weather is Hot the women are Hot and the beer is cold b:victory
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Just a pity they didnt do this from the start. I'm not very keen on starting over and building another level 8x character on another server.

Unless they will give us a server transfer? Which i doubt they will do.
  • VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I really would like to join for the timezones..

But I've put to much effort in my current characs and build up a good friendlist.. Can't miss thatb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!
  • DouriKi - Lost City
    DouriKi - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    YAY!! Server Inspection wil be completed at 1 a.m and its gonna be 1 p.m for me......1 hour after i come from school xDb:victory
  • elandim
    elandim Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Gosh, you ppl always complain!!
    Thx God they listened to us and we have more time zones! You cannot start a game and open 5 servers! Its way too much, you need first to know how tha game will be received by the comunity.
    Besides new servers mean "less mistakes", like the jonas blessing, or the Midnight event (remember? ppl buying chances for 10k, then going back of server).
    Now we have a new fresh start, with a better time zone.

THX GM and MODS for this! We really appreciated!!!
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Nice! I am looking forward to the release of the new servers. Now mabe we can get some peace and quiet on Lost City. b:chuckle
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Let's refresh your apparently failing memory about the little history of PWI.

1 - To begin with they were to open 4 servers : 2 for the east coast and 2 for the west coast. One PvP and one PvE for each.

2 - Change of plan when the game went live : they only opened 2 servers, both timed for pacific coasts/western asia players.

3 - They opened a second PvE server 3 weeks later, once again timed for pacific/western asia players.

4 - 6 months later, they decide to open 2 new servers now timed for eastern american coast.

Conclusions :

Lots of players from the east coast cannot move to a server more suited for their needs, because they invested too much time and money on another server already.

Not everyone is a 13 year old kid who can play 20 hours a day. For many players, their playing time is limited, and rerolling again is out of the question.

It still don't fix the problem of the timing for the european players. For a friend of mine, the timing of most event was at 5 AM. On the new servers they are now at 2 AM. It don't really help at all.

Some players suggested a time table for the event that would suits the majority of their player base from North America and Europe. They never even listened to those suggestions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Thorina - Harshlands
    Thorina - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Let's refresh your apparently failing memory about the little history of PWI.

1 - To begin with they were to open 4 servers : 2 for the east coast and 2 for the west coast. One PvP and one PvE for each.

2 - Change of plan when the game went live : they only opened 2 servers, both timed for pacific coasts/western asia players.

3 - They opened a second PvE server 3 weeks later, once again timed for pacific/western asia players.

4 - 6 months later, they decide to open 2 new servers now timed for eastern american coast.

Conclusions :

Lots of players from the east coast cannot move to a server more suited for their needs, because they invested too much time and money on another server already.

Not everyone is a 13 year old kid who can play 20 hours a day. For many players, their playing time is limited, and rerolling again is out of the question.

It still don't fix the problem of the timing for the european players. For a friend of mine, the timing of most event was at 5 AM. On the new servers they are now at 2 AM. It don't really help at all.

Some players suggested a time table for the event that would suits the majority of their player base from North America and Europe. They never even listened to those suggestions.

They can move, they choose not to.

Not everyone is a 13 year old. Not everyone plays 20 hours a day.
  • lupko
    lupko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Is there a prolem to move you account from one server to another?
    Game is the same...
    I think that great service includes this option as well. It's all up to you to decide to play on one server with your friends or move to another one more suitable due to timezones...
    It's all about account, doesn't matter where you choose you desirable server...
    This should be thing I would call SERVICE and user friendly approach.
    What do you think?
  • Theleetking - Heavens Tear
    Theleetking - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    so, how do we transfer our current Characters? some of us have spent countless hours and money on characters, so now we have to let those go because of new servers? get with the times, offer us a transfer character feature, I'm willing to pay.b:bye
  • Thorina - Harshlands
    Thorina - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    so, how do we transfer our current Characters? some of us have spent countless hours and money on characters, so now we have to let those go because of new servers? get with the times, offer us a transfer character feature, I'm willing to pay. b:bye

Right now? At a high level? Before anyone has a chance to level adequately? You would demand like a little child without fully understanding the impact it would have on a new server to have high level characters transferring in before the economy stabilized? Before anyone even had a chance to really level beyond a few hours you want to transfer characters over? b:angry
  • Alwayswinter - Harshlands
    Alwayswinter - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    WOOT! New server FTW.
    ~Rule34
  • lupko
    lupko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Maybe restriction on TW for some time could solve it a bit.
    There are no limits on eq, gold, etc...just territories I think...
    Maybe "private drops" and "nohelper status" for high level could solve boosting lowbie friendly chars...
    You can choose...chartransfer with limitations or team play without restrictions.
    Limitations could be e.g +-10 LVL from max lvl of faction newcomers.
    Switcher is lvl 80, so fresh player must be lvl 70 to be able to use help from lvl80.
    Switchers could play individualy or make their own groups.

OR ;)
    Allow to switch after there will be cca 20 players of same level as switcher's. So switcher should wait.

OR
    Switcher will pay 20 levels for that.

OR
    Come up with your ideas.

Nice day.
  • Problmatik - Sanctuary
    Problmatik - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Since people are switching from their old servers to get this great new connection, is there any chance of having a temporary server item transfer? As in being able to transfer small items from your main character on one of the 3 main servers to a new one?? I know this could be a cheap way for eveyrone bulk up on mats and money and stuff, and i've thought of maybe keeping it as a "Limited Time Offer" and to keep the tranferring regulated so that you can only transfer coins and possibly mounts...no Twilight Temple items or legendary's ect...Just a thought because loyal players to PWI have already spent real money for Zen and bought items off the boutique( me being one of them) and i am strongly thinking of switching to a new server, but i would like to not lose my sword mount i've bought or my ride mount ive bought...sooo, could this idea be considered by any GM's?