Gold TT weapons

Options
terryking
terryking Posts: 18 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
A friend of mine said that TT weapons that are made from gold TT mats are bounded when you craft them. It means that once you make a TT gold weapon, you can't trade, drop, etc. The only thing you can do with it is to NPC it. Is that true?
I'm thinking of making a gold weapon, but if it can't be traded, I have to rethink about that. It costs me about 9-10m to make that weapon, and I don't wanna sell it for 50k at the end.
Post edited by terryking on

Comments

• Szioul - Heavens Tear
    Szioul - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The way I've understood it, is that they're bound when equipped. I don't know if they're planning a cash shop item to remove the binding, so you can sell it to someone else, when done. It might sell well, once there are more people in their high 90s, so it would make sense.
    Legion: Sentinel
    Clan: RisenSky
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    They aren't bound when crafted. However they are bound as soon as you equip them. This means someone else can make them for you, but otherwise, you're stuck with them once you've used/equipped them.
  • jjc420
    jjc420 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    maybe im wrong but isnt there a way to remove bonding already??
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    jjc420 wrote: »
    maybe im wrong but isnt there a way to remove bonding already??

yes but it destroys the equipment and you have( i believe) 24 hours to cancel it-this part could be bugged or wrong havent dared to try
  • terryking
    edited March 2009
    Options
    yes but it destroys the equipment and you have( i believe) 24 hours to cancel it-this part could be bugged or wrong havent dared to try

It only destroy the bounding, but not the equipment, right? I go to a PWI Promotion Agent, and this agent can destroy bounding in 72 hours, but I don't dare to try yet lol. I'll try once I am lv90 and get a new weapon. Hope it will work out. I spent too much money on this weapon already. It would be a waste if I couldn't sell it.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I thought you could decomp them into mirage stones? like 20 or so for a level 80 gold weapon? I could be quite wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I thought you could decomp them into mirage stones? like 20 or so for a level 80 gold weapon? I could be quite wrong.

Yeah, you can do that for any gold or purple weap. It's definitely not worth doing it to gold weaps though. The mirages you get from it will only be worth a tiny fraction of what the gold is worth.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • terryking
    edited March 2009
    Options
    My weapon can be decomposed into 12 mirage stones, and it's worth nothing at all comparing to what I have paid to make the weapon. I spent 10m for all the mats, and then a couple m for refining and gems. Furthermore, you can't decompose a bounded item, which is pretty weird, since the pwidatabase says my weapon can be decomposed into 12 mirage stones . So if I can't destroy the bounding, the only thing I can do is to NPC it for 50k, lol.
  • StellarAshes - Heavens Tear
    StellarAshes - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    terryking wrote: »
    It only destroy the bounding, but not the equipment, right? I go to a PWI Promotion Agent, and this agent can destroy bounding in 72 hours, but I don't dare to try yet lol. I'll try once I am lv90 and get a new weapon. Hope it will work out. I spent too much money on this weapon already. It would be a waste if I couldn't sell it.

Hate to say it but you won't be able to ever sell that weapon (to players) if it's bound.