Howdy

orexi
orexi Posts: 10 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Howdy ;D
I am new to PW, currently downloading now but I have a few questions if you could answer..

What is this game like? Is it any good?
What is the population like and what server do you recommend me playing?
Do PVE and PVP servers both have good PVP on them?
Can you fly unlimited amount of time?
Is levelling up long and boring?
Which class is the best, and which race is more dominant?

Anything else you want to add, please feel free. I want to know everything. ^-^
Post edited by orexi on

Comments

• Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    orexi wrote: »
    Howdy ;D
    I am new to PW, currently downloading now but I have a few questions if you could answer..

What is this game like? Is it any good?
    What is the population like and what server do you recommend me playing?
    Do PVE and PVP servers both have good PVP on them?
    Can you fly unlimited amount of time?
    Is levelling up long and boring?

Anything else you want to add, please feel free. I want to know everything. ^-^

First question would be way too long an answer in my case, but yes I find it to be a very good game.
    Population is pretty high on all the servers atm, they will be opening two new ones sometimes in the near future, one pvp, one pve.
    PvP server...better PvP...for the most part anyway.
    You can fly for an unlimited amount of time upon reaching level 30 on any class, clerics and archers can fly at level 1, but it takes mana, the cleric regenerates faster than it loses, so even at that level it is infinite. The archer, however, will run out of mana eventually.
    Leveling is pretty decent here, in comparison to a lot of games, it starts getting particularly difficult around 80.

Not going to touch best class, I'll start an hour long argument.

EDIT: I will say that the untamed race does seem to be the more dominant one as far as the number of people using them. Although there are a lot of elven on the PvP server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    Ganiju - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    we basically have all of the discussions of the claases in the class forums just check into them and start reading. and it depends on what you mean by good in PvP i think its awesome but others might disagree about it though and the reason why i went to PvE is because i am already in the PvP server just i like a verity of people and types i can't wait until i get to PK people sorry to say but its kind of my "upers" like dueling but you get to kill people instead! hehehe
    probably one of the smartest in perfect world
    yet the lowest of level
  • orexi
    edited March 2009
    Thank you so much for your replies, I really appreciate them.. which server is the best do you think to play on? And are mounts any good? ^-^
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Thank you so much for your replies, I really appreciate them.. which server is the best do you think to play on? And are mounts any good? ^-^

Mounts are very helpful for getting places in a hurry. And are faster than flying (unless using accelerate) provided you don't have to traverse a bunch of mountains or have a lake in your way. They are also lots of fun to run around on....at least for me lol.

As for the best server, that really depends on your preference. If you really like PvP and killing people, then head for the PvP server...if you want it optional and you're more towards the PvE end, choose one of those. I like Sanctuary, but as I've never played on Heaven, I can't really say if it's better or worse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orexi
    edited March 2009
    Thanks Hisuna, Yes I like to ride mounts too more so than anything it makes me horny LOL ^-^ what does pking mean?? I have seen it alot on these forums b:chuckle
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Thanks Hisuna, Yes I like to ride mounts too more so than anything it makes me horny LOL ^-^ what does pking mean?? I have seen it alot on these forums b:chuckle

pking = player killing. or, PvP. They have dueling as well, in which the person you fight does not die.

On the PvP server PK mode is not optional, once you reach 30 you can attack and be attacked by anyone.

I'm not discussing mounts with you anymore. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    i am not talking about mounts either anymoreb:surrender
    yet the lowest of level
  • orexi
    edited March 2009
    LOL awww I am sorry for getting you in a tiz 'bout 'em, *whisper* MOUNTSMOUNTSMOUTNS!

What is the max lvl by the way? b:laugh
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    umm idk its supposably 150 but idk at all
    yet the lowest of level
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Max lvl is 105 but may be raised to 150 in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    LOL awww I am sorry for getting you in a tiz 'bout 'em, *whisper* MOUNTSMOUNTSMOUTNS!

What is the max lvl by the way? b:laugh

There is some relative discussion about later updates, but aside from all that I believe that cap is still currently at level 105.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orexi
    edited March 2009
    Great, I am glad it is not 150 and 105 as I don't particulaly like the grinding.. had enough of that on Age of Conan which was my only other MMO. So I am relatively new to this whole thing but cannot wait to PVP!!
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    oh okay i will try to remember that
    yet the lowest of level
  • orexi
    edited March 2009
    Oh how many pets do Venomancers have or can have? Are they good in battle? I see on the stats board they do not deal massive damage but are fast and have lot of defence..
  • Olifen - Sanctuary
    Olifen - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Howdy ;D

Blademasters: All around good class. Lots of stuns and Area of effects especially if you make an axe BM
    Barbs: Massive hp and with a charm are often called the unkillable. always wanted as tanks but have a lower attack then other classes
    Clerics: the healers. Everyone wants them. you will get asked for help constantly
    Venos: number one solo class. Enough said
    Archers: Powerful damage dealer. easy and effective in PvP. gets a lot of crits which make up a lot of their damage
    Wizards: The guys that have taken the words "the best defence is a good offence" to heart. Lowest survivablity yet massive damage.

Feel free to argue for you respective class now(I was lazy and rushed through this)
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Oh how many pets do Venomancers have or can have? Are they good in battle? I see on the stats board they do not deal massive damage but are fast and have lot of defence..

I think you may be confusing barbarians with venomancers....venomancers have very very low physical defense, and high magic defense. They definitely don't have low damage, although it is lower per cast than a wizard. (typically)

you can have up to 10 pet slots, and thus 10 pets, but after the first 2 you must complete gathering quests and/or get cages (a cash shop item) to open up the rest of them. Every class has advantages and disadvantages in battle. Although they say the wizard is a highly gimped class. (never had one). Please nobody cry about phoenix, I don't have one, and this is my point of view only, so restrain yourselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olifen - Sanctuary
    Olifen - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Although they say the wizard is a highly gimped class. (never had one).

You need more skill and patients and as such most complain and give up before they see its real power. My main is a 73 Wizard so I can tell you. All you need to be able to do is know what you are doing and you'll be fine