Few Quick Questions

Sakaria - Lost City
Sakaria - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Venomancer
Ok I have I finally figured out where stats should be placed for a mage build XD. My friend also told me it might be good to add some dex as well Is that correct ??

I thought normal mage build was alternating 1 vit 4 intl one lvl then 1vit 1 str 3 intl. should i be adding just a little dex or do i not need it at all.

Last question I was wondering how you update your magic attack skills to a higher lvl right now both my magic attacks are lvl 2

thanks
Post edited by Sakaria - Lost City on

Comments

• andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Dex isn't needed.
    As for your skills, you need to reach the required lvl then talk to the Venomancer NPC in town. Note that Pet heal, revive and tame are levelled at the Pet Skill Trainer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The standard mage build needs a minimum of 6 magic and 1 strength per 2 levels. The extra points can be put anywhere, but typically magic and vitality are recommended. I personally favor magic for better damage and pet heals, and I don't feel that vitality really makes us any less squishy in situations where it counts. Bosses will still 1-2 shot us. The choice is ultimately up to you of course.

As for skills, you can check the skill tree for what level you can gain additional ranks in each. The Venomancer trainer can train you if you have the requisite level, coins and spirit. For pet related skills, Heal, Tame and Revive, you will need to talk to a Pet Skill Trainer and select the "Tame Pet" option.
  • Sakaria - Lost City
    Sakaria - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Thanks so much you guys that helped alot
  • pwjokes
    pwjokes Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Easiest and best way to do stat points for a pure mage build is your to keep your strength at:

(your level + 8) / 2;

and all other available points go into magic.
    This works out to where you alternate every level, 5 magic -> 4 magic 1 str. Pretty simple and extremely effective... Just don't get hit.