When do the quests end and the grind starts

asuran9
asuran9 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
I've started the game just yesterday and have been enjoying it so far, managed to get to level 20. I'm liking the fact it's all questing so far, but I know inevitably that will end and pure grind will start. I'm just wondering at which level about do the quests stop or dry up and you need to level completely off grinding?
Post edited by asuran9 on

Comments

• shinigamideathnote
    shinigamideathnote Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Around lvl 70ish

I would say it mostly starts at lvl 75+

Thats when the exp to grind sky rockets to the millions.
    Bringing fear and widespread random deaths into the Harshlands, that is my goal..

IGN: Shinigamii

Death Note Rule #18
    A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in his heart with a knife or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are not generally known to the gods of death.
  • Andarta - Heavens Tear
    Andarta - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Grinding starts around 58+ or so, and gradually gets worse n worse
  • Misstaken - Heavens Tear
    Misstaken - Heavens Tear Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    60+ most grinding for exp. What you all talking about lol.
    I used to do drugs, I still do but I used to too.
  • Dastardly - Lost City
    Dastardly - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Are you guys kidding me? I'm level 36 and I had to grind parts of level 34, 35 and 36. Even now, I sit with 19% more to go to level and no quest (yes, I clicked on the find quest key). In short, my grind began at level 34.
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    19% is not grind in most peoples books. I consider 70% or more per level grind.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Up until about 50 there will be minimal grinding between levels. By minimal I mean less than an hours worth each level, and probably not any before 40. Afterward the need for grinding increases with each level.
  • Chiclet - Heavens Tear
    Chiclet - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    it starts at around the lvl 35's and then as the game keeps progressing you will find that you will need to grind more and more
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It all depends on how hard core you play.

There's the crazy stone daily quest, starting at level 30, and then World Quest at level 70. Both are dailies, both are great XP. These will be making up a huge chunk of your XP...

So if you play a whole lot, do every single quest on the same day you get it, you can expect to need to grind maybe as early as the late 30s.

If you don't play as much, and let Crazy Stone be your main XP thingy, you won't run out of quests for a long time. Until well into the 60s.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Mcgillicuddy - Heavens Tear
    Mcgillicuddy - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    tatakairyu wrote: »
    19% is not grind in most peoples books. I consider 70% or more per level grind.

That amount of experience is insane. I had a hard enough time killing sharks or flying mobs. I could imagine the joy that is grinding 70% of a level when you are in your 50's.
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I agree with fuzzles. It seemed that on my days off, I was grinding more than questing in my earlier levels, because I had that extra time. Otherwise, there was little to no grind up until my 60's, with my 1-2 hours a day casual play. It works out okay, at least until them 60's, and then it starts to wear on ya...
  • Fenian_i - Sanctuary
    Fenian_i - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Personally, I hate grinding, so I mix my grinding in with my quests. What I mean is, when I'm working on a quest that you have to kill mobs for, I don't just kill those mobs. I kill all the mobs around that area. If you do things the same way I do, you won't have to grind more than 50% of a level until around lvl 60 (unless you don't play that much... then it'll prolly be even later).
  • Daibar - Heavens Tear
    Daibar - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Play style and build is a big part of it. If you're doing Dragon Quests constantly, you might not see any grind til later 40's or early 50's. If you do all your quests in a single day, and don't help with other people's quests, you'll be grinding in the early 30's.
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    For those of you who think you have no quests to do, may I suggest opening your quest journal, and hit the FIND QUEST button there. You may be surprised at the quests you either missed along the way, or new quests waiting for you, that you didn't know were available. I've had very little grinding to do up till 50. And don't forget there is also DQ quests to do, if you get bored. But even grinding can be fun, play music, talk to friends. Volunteer to help peeps with their FB's. And like others before me already said, the Crazy Stone daily quest is your friend.

Just a few suggestions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I don't know when I'm going to run out of quests, but I just got to lvl52, and I still have quite some quests from lvl51 and before. So till now, no problems with grinding. Maybe my way op playing is an important factor in this.
    I don't use crazy stone unless I'm really desperate to get some exp to lvl, or if I really want to get a nex skill. I've completed some dq, but not all that much.
    Like Fenian, I don't just kill the mobs I need. I also go after the increased *** mobs mainly, because they give more experience. When I complete a quest I continue till my buffs run out. And when I find some easy mob, I take as much one-man armies on them as possible, or I just grind a bit till it starts to bore me. Help with a fb every now and then. All suggestions to put the grinding to later, without paying to much on crazy stones.
  • saleniece
    saleniece Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    with bm i runned out of quests at lvl 40, with archer at lvl 36(my archer died often b:laugh)
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Always can camp FBs when u don't have more quests and finish CS/WQ b:cute
    Anyway in lvl60 u start a quest in Tusk town u can start to do Justice envoy
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/8798
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/8814
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/8815
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14312
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14313
    This quest dont give you big amounts of exp but is something, and u can do this quest each hour all the times u like ;)

b:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • nothjingrad
    nothjingrad Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I started grinding at late 4x in my latest account which was leveled up 4 times faster than my old account.
    I started grinding at late 6x in my old account.

The grinding I did at 4x was never anything substantial time-wise though. 15% per hour is a pretty reasonable goal, and that would make it take only 6 2/3 of an hour to level up.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I started grinding at late 4x in my latest account which was leveled up 4 times faster than my old account.
    I started grinding at late 6x in my old account.

The grinding I did at 4x was never anything substantial time-wise though. 15% per hour is a pretty reasonable goal, and that would make it take only 6 2/3 of an hour to level up.

15% an hour at 40? I use to grind 40% an hour at 60.
  • AnimeQT - Lost City
    AnimeQT - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Grinding for me started in my late 50's before that maybe a little bit of grinding but nothing big only about 1-2hours and your set to lvl after a daily but after that its a bit longer
  • josefinemutzenbacher
    josefinemutzenbacher Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    That amount of experience is insane. I had a hard enough time killing sharks or flying mobs. I could imagine the joy that is grinding 70% of a level when you are in your 50's.

Don't worry :) you can go lvl50->lvl51 in 3 hours of solo grind on flying mobs, so its not that bad. Now my main char is lvl77 and it just starts to become a pain, as I need a whole hour of killing (with charms and exp scroll) to get like 5-6%. I may be weird, but I kind of enjoy grinding ;). Especially on mobs that are weak against my wizards spells (like underwater melee earth type mobs <3)
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I started doing Crazy Stone as soon as it became available to me. I've also done a few DQs, and I've run on some FBs. That kept my exp running smoothly, and, in reality...

I hadn't killed a mob for any other purpose than completing a quest or obtaining an item needed for a quest until level 58. Had to grind 10%. Then I had to grind for about 40% at level 59. Level 60 should ferry you pretty close to level 61 due to an absurd amount of quests... And from there on, I consider myself happy if the quests given result in more than 20% exp. The rest? Had to be grinded or gotten through Crazy Stone.