Are Venomancers part of the untamed?

aeyris
aeyris Posts: 6 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Venomancer
I'm new here, and still downloading the game, but I'm either going to be a venomancer or a barbarian. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of each?
Post edited by aeyris on

Comments

• Jazzboo - Sanctuary
    Jazzboo - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    aeyris wrote: »
    I'm new here, and still downloading the game, but I'm either going to be a venomancer or a barbarian. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of each?
    Both r untamed race. Barb(Barbarian) is a all-male class only. Veno(Venomancer) is a all-female class only.
    LIGHT IS THE KEY. DARKNESS IS THE LOCK. PERFECT WORLD IS THE PLACE BEYOND THE DOOR.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Barbarian
    Pros: High HP, High Physical Defense, lots of aggro tools, best tank in game and sought after for that role, very capable TW/PvP character
    Cons: At lower levels at least they can be slower to level due to low damage, high cost to maintain with repairs and charms, generally lower magic defense, though hp offsets that somewhat

Venomancer
    Pros: Pet class, Very fast leveling, able to easily solo things that other classes can't(or can't easily), low cost to maintain (with some exceptions, see below) able to acquire Legendary pets, only class that can Lure and are sought after in TT and higher FB's for this reason
    Cons: Very squishy if pet loses aggro, pets can be expensive to maintain, particularly their skills, Legendary pets are very expensive to acquire and food can be a pain at times, TW usefulness is limited

There are plenty of other pros and cons for each, these are just the first to come to mind.