Whats so special about a barb

Options
2»

Comments

• Black_fall - Heavens Tear
    Black_fall - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I don't find my Barb any harder to level than any other class. AT LEAST 1-24; i've been using the 5str even lxls abd3 dex / 2vit on odds.

YES, THAT PROBABPY MEANS i;ll need to restat at a higher lvl so I can do what I'm meNT TO DO : Tank. Get vit (wasted 3 Pts out of nag, and sacrifie sone dex for vit.

But at the lover lvls (1-10, if not further), a damage dealing, balanced high vit Barb csn solo almost anything. With nice damage numbrts to boot. IMO, it's a great way to lvl a noob barb, just know you'll need to spend some gold to get your stats inline with higher lvl play.b:chuckle
  • Ferociouss - Heavens Tear
    Ferociouss - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    atm soloing is easy for me i have a hp and mp charm ^^
  • Tsaebe - Heavens Tear
    Tsaebe - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    We're the best tanking class, we use the coolest weapons, and we just plain look EPIC b:cool

And the best part is that you never get to see your weapons, can't hit the broad side of a barn, and are a terribly boring and tedious class. At least so far for me.
  • Tsaebe - Heavens Tear
    Tsaebe - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I don't find my Barb any harder to level than any other class. AT LEAST 1-24; i've been using the 5str even lxls abd3 dex / 2vit on odds.

YES, THAT PROBABPY MEANS i;ll need to restat at a higher lvl so I can do what I'm meNT TO DO : Tank. Get vit (wasted 3 Pts out of nag, and sacrifie sone dex for vit.

But at the lover lvls (1-10, if not further), a damage dealing, balanced high vit Barb csn solo almost anything. With nice damage numbrts to boot. IMO, it's a great way to lvl a noob barb, just know you'll need to spend some gold to get your stats inline with higher lvl play.b:chuckle

1-10... anything can solo almost anything.
  • lasttemplar
    lasttemplar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Im a lvl 30 barb (I know. Im not very high leveled yet), but I havent had any problems soloing anything so far (except for FBs)

Number one, I always grind in True Form. Because a barbs attack is already quite low, the damage reduction from going into True Form doesnt seem like a great sacrifice for me. The extra HP and the extra physical resistance were significant bonuses for me. I hated Humanoid form. Yes I dealt more damage, but hits from mobs were also more painful

To me, Fleash Ream is a very good skill for grinding, because the bleed sort of makes up for my poor accuracy. My build is a tank build, btw. Feral Regeneration is very good, and IMO almost eliminate the need for HP pots. I only use mana pots and not very often, since the only skill I use is Flesh Ream and it has low mana cost. Also, the bleed is not affected by changing into Tiger Mode

Alacrity of the Beast, I dont use very often. Im not sure if my timing is just horrible or if its the lag I get, but I just cant use it effectively during grinding. Not saying its a bad skill, just that I cant use it effectively and, quite honestly, havent found much need for it. FBs, thats another story

Beast King Inspiration is a skill I find useful, but not practical

Lasts 30 minutes, and the extra HP is always nice, but havent to change forms to cast it and then go back to grinding is somewhat of a drag. The mana cost is also a bit steep. I honestly prefer casting more Flesh Reams than casting this buff. And Feral Regeneration already makes meditating so fast, I barely even notice the effect of the extra HP. I only use it for bosses and FBs. Other than that, no need to use it

Ive died about 8 times so far, but to be perfectly honest, they were all my fault for being careless. The first thing I learned is: never attack a mob with magic attacks that has "Increased magic attack" or "Sacrificial Assault". Youre just asking to die
    Attacking a mob with "Increased defense" is also a bad idea. The only thing youll manage is to get pissed off

But the most important thing, barbs are a role for patient players. Its a role for players who dont care if the progress is slow as long as theres progress. And Im a veeeeeeeery patient guy. Granted, Im not very high leveled in the game yet, but its not the first MMO I play. And Ive played roles much more exasperating than the PW barb, so I dont think Ill have many problems with the grind
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Number one, I always grind in True Form. Because a barbs attack is already quite low, the damage reduction from going into True Form doesnt seem like a great sacrifice for me.

The damage reduction is only weapon damage. The difference isnt very significant even with lvl3 tigerform and is virtually non existant if you have upgraded the poison fang buff.
    Alacrity of the Beast, I dont use very often. Im not sure if my timing is just horrible or if its the lag I get, but I just cant use it effectively during grinding.

Alclarity is priceless when grinding mobs with a magical attack. Try and get it to lvl7 atleast. Always use it as a opening move, as you run to the mob. It will save you a lot of HP at the start of the fight, as you will cancel the mobs casting.
    Beast King Inspiration is a skill I find useful, but not practical

Lasts 30 minutes, and the extra HP is always nice, but havent to change forms to cast it and then go back to grinding is somewhat of a drag. The mana cost is also a bit steep. I honestly prefer casting more Flesh Reams than casting this buff. And Feral Regeneration already makes meditating so fast, I barely even notice the effect of the extra HP. I only use it for bosses and FBs. Other than that, no need to use it

The buff is really useful when you have a charm equipped and you dont want it triggering every third mob. b:pleased
    Ive died about 8 times so far, but to be perfectly honest, they were all my fault for being careless. The first thing I learned is: never attack a mob with magic attacks that has "Increased magic attack" or "Sacrificial Assault". Youre just asking to die
    Attacking a mob with "Increased defense" is also a bad idea. The only thing youll manage is to get pissed off

All mobs with added stats give added exp and sp bonuses. I personally dont mind the increased def and sacrifical assault types. devour comes in handy with the inc def and the sac assault die quicker without me ever really being in danger of a death. The increased magatk ones are ok if you start with alclarity and kill it before the mob recasts. That also is no longer a problem once alclarity is leveled since its cooldown reduces and you can cancel the second cast also. I hate increased life mobs, they just dont wanna die, however stacking the bleed from fleshream on them does help.
    But the most important thing, barbs are a role for patient players. Its a role for players who dont care if the progress is slow as long as theres progress. And Im a veeeeeeeery patient guy. Granted, Im not very high leveled in the game yet, but its not the first MMO I play. And Ive played roles much more exasperating than the PW barb, so I dont think Ill have many problems with the grind

Absolutely true. Good things come to those who wait.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842