What Class will you choose? Poll~*

Options
Raiye - Heavens Tear
Raiye - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Tideswell (East)
Well, since I'm having a hard time choosing between veno and archer, not to mention the fact that the harshlands server has one of these too, I got the idea to make one of these threads. I wanna know what class everyone is thinking of rolling. Hopefully this will give a somewhat idea of how balanced this servers going to be. b:bye
SuiDream ~*
Xx Archer - Dreamweaver
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Avatar switched to Dreamweaver Character
Post edited by Raiye - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• basstone
    basstone Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    A ton of Venoms most likely due to them being a pet class ... I've liked pet classes in all the previous games I've played but the same can be said for Clerics.
    To Be -or- Not To Be!
    It's Not A Question. It's A Choice!
  • Lcewolf - Lost City
    Lcewolf - Lost City Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I want to be a wizard. I think this is good logic, there won't be much competition and by the time I get higher lvls there won't be as many high lvls as in other servers. So I won't get picked on during my low lvls!
    Lvl 16 Barbarian-Sacrifice
    Lvl 31 Venomancer-Waffles

I'm going to join Dreamweaver and see how it goes!

RETIRED... Ask MagicZ
  • mekkan90
    mekkan90 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    well thats a good thought.
    im thinking of making a wizard instead of a venom to, and i dont think that there will be so many high leveled wizards later on in the game, so everyone that isnt wizard will have a good use of having a high leveled wizard friend because of the damage the wizards does.
    but in the other hand, wizards hp isnt so great, so im kinda lost if i should be wizard or not. i dont wanna keep being out of HP all the time
  • Raiye - Heavens Tear
    Raiye - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Ouch, lol. b:sad
    I really hope more people will choose cleric than the current results show.
    Imagine this: in TW everyone will just smack away at each other and pray that their hp lasts. When they run out AKA die, everyone will run all the way back from their HQ >.< Hell no, scratch that. Without clerics, no one will win a PvE TW in the first place...b:surrender
    SuiDream ~*
    Xx Archer - Dreamweaver
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Avatar switched to Dreamweaver Character
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I'm deciding between veno and barb. I rather focus on one too though.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    Cooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Me, I will either Choose Cleric or Archer.
    Most likely A Cleric though (:
  • Silversz - Heavens Tear
    Silversz - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hey I plan to go archer and if u guys want a faction I would love to have you in mine. this forum has more info on the faction. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=207591
  • Lcewolf - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    mekkan90 wrote: »
    well thats a good thought.
    im thinking of making a wizard instead of a venom to, and i dont think that there will be so many high leveled wizards later on in the game, so everyone that isnt wizard will have a good use of having a high leveled wizard friend because of the damage the wizards does.
    but in the other hand, wizards hp isnt so great, so im kinda lost if i should be wizard or not. i dont wanna keep being out of HP all the time

Well that would be easy if you had a barb with you as a tank. Or if you do become a wizard we could partner up and fight the mobs. We can kill before they even get to us! Which = no hp loss, and less mp loss

RETIRED... Ask MagicZ
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Eh I tried a wizard
    there spell cool down takes awhile =/
    but they are pretty strong >_<
  • Lcewolf - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    IMO gush and pyrogram are pretty fast, but at lvl 59 I think they get essential sutra=no casting time

RETIRED... Ask MagicZ
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ah.....
    but leveling to 59 is a pain in the butt if you keep dying.
    I'm debating between both Elf classes dont know which to pick.

But I'm not really sure I want to play something that isn't over populated once game starts
  • Lcewolf - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Then again, you won't die if you have a partner. Prolly Barb+Cleric combo is easiest. If you are elf and become cleric get a barb for sure. Even if they aren't on, most likely someone in your guild will be on and willing to help you because they are most likely same lvl, one of the advantages of a new server

RETIRED... Ask MagicZ
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Trust me when i say, At lvl 59 wizards are total beast, you could go and lvl on the fozwing sumpremes and not die ever haha. I will be a breeze for them and plus they have the healing skill so even if u do get hit after the battle just heal a lil
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Wizards can heal!! :o
    Didn't even know aha.
    so 2 pluses now.
    they can self heal, not as good as clerics but efficient.
    and they get faster cooldown once higher level?

Still want to be a Cleric though
    (=
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Either way they are both good, even though if u go support cleric you will have a harder time and will always need to be in a squad. if u go LA Cleric you will be just as good/Better then wizard if you know what you are doing
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    well currently my cleric hasn't had any problems leveling and i use Robes.
    i 3-4 shot mostly everything and they usually dont make it too me if i do it right.

I just hear so much bad on wizards which makes me want to stay away from them which i probably will.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    well wizards are like glass cannons so everyone thinks they are bad but they do not know that they can take on things much higher then them because of A.) Element Weakness bonus and B.) Their high hitting so pretty much if they went against a water/fire/metal mob when they r lvling they are golden, but if they get hit more then like 3 times they are done.
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Eh I think i'll just stick to Cleric they are good with damage dealing.
    they can heal. overall I think they are Decent I just made An archer on Heavens Tears just to test it out for a bit and im kind of liking it. except i wouldnt be able to heal and all that other stuff to people =[
  • Shademagi - Lost City
    Shademagi - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The thing with wizards is that yes we have low hp, so we CAN die alot, but really if you know what you are doing, and have an hp charm just in case, you should be fine. Its all a matter of using your skills wisely, such as gush for slowing the enemies, the proper elemental shields for the enemy you are fighting, knowing which skill's cast time is just too long to use safely, using your knockback move (gotten at 39), etc etc. Also hp shard everything as much as possible.

Also the wiz healing move takes like 4 secs to cast, so is not a combat move at anytime, jsut something for between battles to save a pot or something.
  • TerryTibbs - Heavens Tear
    TerryTibbs - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i know the barb n have all the things i would change about mine writen down in a flow chart so ima be rolein a barb again, pandas FTW!!! b:pleasedb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space...
    SPACE MONKEY!!! *slap*
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Tibbby :D
    your gonna be my leveling buddy hehe b:chuckle
  • justachickk
    justachickk Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I'm going to do barb this time around. Pretty excited about it b:pleased
  • Heartstone - Heavens Tear
    Heartstone - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I want to do Barb too. but It seems like we get too many :s
    we need clerics o.o
    Heartstone In Game. -Heavens Tear -b:bye
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    we need clerics o.o

Yeah we will haev alot of untamed period.
    BUT you also have to think.
    not everyone uses these forums sooo maybe we will get a bumm rush of clerics come server opening.
  • Keita_ibuki - Sanctuary
    Keita_ibuki - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I'm liking the numbers for barbarians joining so far, seemed to be a lack of them on previous server, also the class balance looks good so far. Not too much of one class just yet. I myself will be a blademaster, a fist blademaster specifically, since i like a good challenge, always a lack of fist bm's, and fighting with normal attacks the majority of the time preventing mana drain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lvl 4x Fist-Bm- Keita, Lvl 6x Cleric- Shinron, Lvl 6x Veno- Sierna (Sanctuary server)

Lvl 3x Fist Blademaster (Dreamweaver server)

Leader of Exceed faction- Together we will exceed beyond all limits b:cool.

"Death will follow you, no matter where you go"...
  • justachickk
    justachickk Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    we need clerics o.o

Lot of people rolling barbs, but I think only a few will have the patience to continue with it. Been there with a cleric (7x), so I want to try something different b:pleased

I'll probably do a veno alt to fund the cost in repairing equipment b:laugh
  • MistresShade - Sanctuary
    MistresShade - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I'm liking the numbers for barbarians joining so far, seemed to be a lack of them on previous server, also the class balance looks good so far. Not too much of one class just yet. I myself will be a blademaster, a fist blademaster specifically, since i like a good challenge, always a lack of fist bm's, and fighting with normal attacks the majority of the time preventing mana drain.

Well if you need any help with build or whatever I am perfectly willing to help you ^^ Fist BMs FTW!

As for barbs...well sometimes it sucks trying to level them, or so I've heard, and if they go pure tank I would think it would be even harder, but then again my barb is only level 13 or something like that XD (I played a pure tank on another game and was bored by lvl 60 which is saying something, but everyone loved me cause I was teh best tank XD)
    I am the biggest hypocrit you will ever see or hear, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Greed destroys even the tightest of bonds
  • markilian
    markilian Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    oh noes too many of us barbs. Not to worry though, we are probably the slowest/most boring class in a way, so lots of people will find it boring and switch to other classes
  • MistresShade - Sanctuary
    MistresShade - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    markilian wrote: »
    oh noes too many of us barbs. Not to worry though, we are probably the slowest/most boring class in a way, so lots of people will find it boring and switch to other classes

Actually venos are more boring imo, throw in the pet and occasionally throw a spell at the enemy, and very occasionally heal the pet, doesn't get much mroe boring than that...
    I am the biggest hypocrit you will ever see or hear, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Greed destroys even the tightest of bonds
  • markilian
    markilian Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Actually venos are more boring imo, throw in the pet and occasionally throw a spell at the enemy, and very occasionally heal the pet, doesn't get much mroe boring than that...

I'll give you more boring: Attack. thats if you're soloing

tanking: ripping bite