Friendship neckless?

2»

Comments

• thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    First,you need two people in squad with you and they need to come to the npc's with you or you cant complete the quest.

Next, go to Archosaur with your 2 friends and talk to the Elder.
    Choose "Have they been here".
    Elder makes sure your friends havent done this quest today yet.
    Talk again to the Elder.
    Now,fly west and talk to the Dancer lady up on the platform.
    You get Flawed pendant of friendship and 15k exp 3k spirit and your 2 friends get friendship orb.

Now the tricky part.

Your 2 friends now need 2 friends again to squad with them and to go to talk to the elder.
    Again they must choose "Have they been here" and do the quest as above.
    Now your 2 friends will get flawed pendant of friendship and stone of friendship. Also their friends will get friendship orbs too.
    These 2 stones(1 from each), should be traded to the one who started this quest with you.

Now you should have flawed friendship amulet and 2 stones,also your 2 friends in squad with you. Talk to the Elder again,he fixes the amulet.
    Now fly to talk to the Dancer lady with your squad. Talk with her, you get 5 rep and token of friendship, which gives you 5k more exp.

So in total you get 20k Exp, 3k Spirit and 5 rep for about 5min quest.

AS long as anybody doesnt choose the other option with the orb and take just 5k exp.

The second option is good if you cant find 2 friends to do it and the item is running out of its 5hour time limit, but other than that,you should Never take just the 5k exp.

This quest can practically run infinitely,if people just find those 2 friends to do it with.

Hope this helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • Mohilan - Lost City
    Mohilan - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You only get 5k XP for redeeming only an Orb of Memories. Not 15k. Keep your head on straight, and don't tell others they don't know what THEY'RE talking about when you don't yourself.

You get 15k XP for completing the quest in full.

Not quite right. U would get 5k exp if u turn in the Orb of Memory at the elder of archos without bringing any friends. But if u do the same thing as the originally tabber(the one who turned in the Friendship Crystal in the very beginning), where u bring along 2 friends with u in pt, and go to Chia the Dancer afterwards, u get the 15k exp instead just the 5k exp. Now ur 2 friends also get an Orb of Memory, and they can another 2 ppl to get his 15k too. So this quest can get continued forever, but only with different ppl, as every character can only do/participate in ONE friendship crystal quest.
    GL
  • MarrokBran - Heavens Tear
    MarrokBran - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I just did this and got the pendant and 2 stones. Elder doesnt have another quest for me or an option to fix pendant....Lvl too low ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    mercyt's Husband ☺friendly☻ helpful ♥ non-warring faction
  • kmkwolf
    kmkwolf Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    has any one tried to trade the pendant to the friends since the orbs you can't trade... maybe you trade the pendant ... they add their orb... pass to the third to complete the 2 sockets.... then back to the one that started quest string originally.. maybe something then.... I have just done this quest as far as anyone else and have lost my chance to try this at this time.
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I had two stone of friendships and a flawed friendship pendent or w/e and i have no quests. This thing is really confusing..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • vicwac75
    vicwac75 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I have the friendship crystal and went to the Arch Elder but there's no icon over his head at all. I plan to just give it up for the 5k exp, am I supposed to be able to do that alone or do I need a squad for that too?
  • Thanee - Dreamweaver
    Thanee - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well I got also 2 stones and 1 flawed pendant, but i dont see any quest or something else, nor the elder or dancer girl...
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I've done this quest, and yes, it's confusing, but I'll walk you through every bit I know.

Step one. Get the Friendship Crystal as a Drop.

Step two. Gather two friends ABOVE level 30, and head to the Archosaur Elder.

Step three. Talk to him about the Crystal, and he'll give you an Orb. Talk to him about that, IE "Have they been here yet?" and he'll give you another quest if they haven't. Take it.

Step four. All of you go talk to the Dancer. Only the squad leader needs to talk, the rest gather around.

Step five. Take her quest. She will give you a Flawed Necklace, and your 2 squad members orbs of their own.

Step six (A). You wait. Park yourself by the Elder.

Step six (B). Your squad members, now out of your squad, find 2 other people each, and repeat Steps 3-5. Except, now, they get an extra item, in addition to the necklace.

Step seven. You get in a squad with both of them, and then trade the item they go to you.

Step eight (A). You talk to the elder with both the necklace and pieces in your inventory, and it completes the quest entirely. FOR YOU.

Step eight (B) Your squad members wait, while the squad members they had repeat steps six (B) and seven. Then they do Step eight (A) while their squad members do Step eight (B). This repeats per individual as long as everyone can get two people that have not done the quest. Basically, as long as everyone has the patience to put up with the annoying quest.

In the end, you obtain EXP, Rep, and a Pendant of Friendship, I believe. You'll need a lot of them to obtain the level 90 items you can get later.

I hope that clarifies things for people. FQ is probably one of the dumbest, and most confusing quests in this game.
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If you are able to complete the quest properly, save your tablets. It will provide for your lvl 90 armor.
  • sword3hawk
    sword3hawk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Well this is my first time I succeded in all these steps entirely :)
    I got first 15kexp and 3k spirit , waited for my two squad mates to finish their part of FQ as leaders
    so I have 1 stone and flawed pendant
    I gained 1 stone from squad mate #1 and #2
    so then I had 3 stones and the pendant
    Went to arch Elder and finished his quest - obtained some ambetist pendant (not usable) and 5 rep
    Went to Dancer and reported with that pendant and gained another 5 rep
    And finally I got from her this token of friendship which I can trade for more exp and spirit or I can keep it..
  • Fyrelyte - Sanctuary
    Fyrelyte - Sanctuary Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Just to answer some of the questions I saw while reading through the posts:

1. No, your "friends" in your squad don't actually have to be on your friends list.

2. After your 2 squad mates complete the quest on their own, they don't have to resquad with you after giving you the stones. You can go talk to the elder to combine the pendant and the 2 stones on your own... and you still get all the rewards.

3. The Orbs your squad mates get (or you, if you joined in with someone else on their Friendship Quest --- you don't always have to get the Friendship Crystal drop to start the quest) allows them to continue the quest, this time as a leader of their own 3-membered squad (them + 2 others).

4. As said, the level requirement is 30... just like CS (people have to be able to fly in order to reach the Dancer).

The guides posted by Thom and Isala were pretty accurate.

And, as Arliana said, there's a reward of level 90 items... I believe it's after you complete the FQ 50 times... However, a faction member and I were discussing and we figured it'd be safe to hold onto the tablets (given after you've repaired the pendant at the elder and gone and exchanged it at the Dancer). Then, once you get 50 tablets you talk to the Dancer and *hopefully* get the items. Neither of us have 50 tablets yet, so this last bit is just guesswork.
    "My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."
    -Neurosis

"An interesting concept. Perhaps we should ask an archer. They seem to be the math wizs here."
    -SaberArturia
    Quoted for truth. b:victory
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    use the search button ...b:beatenup
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anjil - Heavens Tear
    Anjil - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This is in reply to post #43 above - ther person asking for a sig - I can make u a siggy :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    the greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love, and be loved in return
  • Viedra - Harshlands
    Viedra - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    mightynyx wrote: »
    I just got a Friendship Crystal too and did the quest. As for the logic about your friend's orbs being put into the pendant, that wouldn't work as the orbs were untradeable... I still have no idea what to do with this.

b:cool , I looked this up and have not finished it yet however..... The stones your friends get after they complete theirs they drop on ground for you. their sqaud members do the same thing. the flawed pendant can not be dropped. i am still trying to locate who puts the necklace back together, i will post once i have an answer for you all.
  • orphanedland
    orphanedland Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    So it just west of time
This discussion has been closed.