Question on sandstorm

Trawne - Lost City
Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Wizard
Does anyone know what the sage version does for it? Level 10 already reduces enemy accuracy 50%. Does the sage version add another 50%? that would seem a bit overpowering against physical classes.

Maybe it's another 50% of their already reduced 50%(for a 75% total)? which would seem a bit extreme still too.
I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
Post edited by Trawne - Lost City on

Comments

• Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Does anyone know what the sage version does for it? Level 10 already reduces enemy accuracy 50%. Does the sage version add another 50%? that would seem a bit overpowering against physical classes.

Maybe it's another 50% of their already reduced 50%(for a 75% total)? which would seem a bit extreme still too.

At lvl 11 Sage, it's [insert big numbers everywhere] then reduce accuracy by 50% for 10 seconds. Sage version will increase accuracy DEbuff duration by 50%.

So for 15 seconds they have -50% accuracy.

Hope this helps.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    that makes more sense. thanks b:victory
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • drag0nball
    drag0nball Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    well for me does not...b:sad
    I don't understand...can you tell me again more clearly? I dont understand a thing in it. Increases the time or..?
  • Fire_Blood - Lost City
    Fire_Blood - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    drag0nball wrote: »
    well for me does not...b:sad
    I don't understand...can you tell me again more clearly? I dont understand a thing in it. Increases the time or..?

The duration time of the debuff is raised to 15 sec from 10 secb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PM me for my referral b:victory
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Project a powerful wave of sand onto a target. Inflicts Earth damage equal to base magic attack plus 165% of weapon damage plus 1702.7 and decreases enemy's accuracy by 23% for 10 seconds.

Sage version reduced enemy accuracy by 50%.

Badly written I'd say...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Project a powerful wave of sand onto a target. Inflicts Earth damage equal to base magic attack plus 165% of weapon damage plus 1702.7 and decreases enemy's accuracy by 23% for 10 seconds.

Sage version reduced enemy accuracy by 50%.

Badly written I'd say...

Lvl 11 sandstorm already gives 50% decrease to accuracy so that sage line description is redundant. It's a typo any way...
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    More powerful than Sandstorm Level 10.
    Critical hit rate reduction period extended by 50%.

This is how PWdatabase describes Sage Sandstorm, which sounds to me like it either halves the critical rate of the victim, or extends the duration or the accuracy reduction.
    I like pie
This discussion has been closed.