Bound items

rea15
rea15 Posts: 6 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
How to you Get bound items?

Also when an item is bound it can't be lost even by pk correct?
Also can the item be unbound?
What can be bound? Anything or?
How to you Bound the items? Does it take a certain item or?

Thanks for the help
Post edited by rea15 on

Comments

• rea15
    edited January 2009
    Anyone know?
  • ForlornSoul - Sanctuary
    ForlornSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    rea15 wrote: »
    Anyone know?

tho I am unsure how things can be lost, or what things can be lost, i was reading somewhere that bound items cannot be lost even via PK

if someone could elaborate on what can be lost in normal gameplay, and how, would be great
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    A bound item is stuck to your character. You cannot drop it, trade it, sell it (other than to NPC) or decompose it. You cannot unbind an item, there is an NPC that does that but it destroys the item.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • ForlornSoul - Sanctuary
    ForlornSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    A bound item is stuck to your character. You cannot drop it, trade it, sell it (other than to NPC) or decompose it. You cannot unbind an item, there is an NPC that does that but it destroys the item.

but why bind it? what can be lost and how? (in GW nothing can be lost, so am a little unfamiliar)
  • rea15
    edited January 2009
    Theres an item in cash shop that costs 50 silver and binds it to your item

Binding the item means you can;'t lose it via pk, so you have nothing to lose pking, and you don't need dolls,

I got my question answered thanks
  • vicwac75
    vicwac75 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So if you bind an item you can never unbind it and resell it again later? The only thing you can do is to destroy it by unbinding it at the NPC? I need to know because I bound a 1.5mil weapon thinking that I could unbind it and resell it to another player later on.

I think it's ridiculous if you can't unbind and regain back your item. People bind items to keep them safe from dropping, and they pay for such a privilege, so they should not be penalized with not ever being able to trade that item away again.
  • Ferociouss - Heavens Tear
    Ferociouss - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    you don't bind normal items and gear just special items from the cash shop
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Some specific gear (some quest rewards, rank equipment) is naturally bound to prevent a market overflow. Some people may choose to bind their molded level 90, three-starred, four-socket armour with lvl 11 gems so they won't risk losing it during play. Others bind their gear out of paranoia.

However, the binding of a previously tradable item comes with the price - if you want to remove the risk of ever dropping the item by accident or death, you lose the ability to later on sell said item. Either you have to live with the risk that you might, at some point in some future at some place, lose your pretty shiny weapon. Or you can choose to lose the money invested in said item by binding it.
  • vicwac75
    vicwac75 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yes I agree that there should be some sort of trade-off in order to keep your equipment safe, but why not make it a monetary consideration, instead of a permanent "penalty", which imo is a little bit stringent.

The devs could put in a cash shop item to unbind your equipment and that would work well too, as opposed to totally eradicating the possibility of ever being able to pass it on to someone else who needs it. Furthermore, I seriously doubt that being able to trade valuable bound equipment will inflate the economy, since these items are expensive enough as it is.

All in all, it's too big a price to pay for wanting to ensure the safety of equipment that people have invested alot of time and money into obtaining.

On a side-note, I binded my Lv.43 crafted weapon under the impression that it could be unbound and returned to me at a later date, since I thought that the "Destroy Bound Equipment" function meant the destruction of the binding, not the entire item. In as much as it was ignorance on my part, I feel the devs should more clearly explain and remind players of this irreversible action in the NPC service description. I use dolls anyway, and if I knew then what I know now, I would never have bound my item.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    GAs would never be sold again if Bounded items could be unbinded.
  • barbique
    barbique Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Sure they would.. people still don't want to lose experience if they get killed in pve. Granted a lot fewer angels would be sold if you could unbind items without breaking them. There should be a way to bind the items free at an npc. Its bad enough you lose any hope of recovering the money from the bound items. Its like a double punishment which is a little extreme. Just another way for people to waste gold so they have to buy more. Cheap tactics imo lol..
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If you could do it free there would be even more people like the ones in this thread complaining that they have bound an equip and now feel like its been wasted.

The npc who binds your items is pretty damn clear about it. Sheesh, even the charm itself is pretty damn clear. This is stated on the charm itself:

"Description: Ensure your most beloved items will never leave you
    Function: Used to bind equipment, clothing or aerogear to yourself. Bound items cannot be dropped from you in any circumstance, nor can they be sold, traded or decomposed."

If you fail to read that, and fail to heed all the npc warnings that it cannot be unbound, then what are PW supposed to do. Give you a phone call every single time you make any action in the game? The warnings with binding charms are there in droves, you only have yourself to blame if you made the mistake.
  • barbique
    barbique Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think the best way to implement binding would be.. make a quest that starts at a low level. The quest giver would be the Binding NPC and he will give a ring to you and tell you to talk to him again when u want to remove it and finish the quest. Next part of the quest will be destroying the item which after the 3 days u talk to him again and you get some exp and you are now able to bind any of your own items. The quest could be given at lvl 30 so you will be aware of the binding mechanics at an early stage. Then again there would be waaay too many pk'ers if that was the case so maybe I'll just shut my mouth.b:shutup
  • Cape - Heavens Tear
    Cape - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    vicwac75 wrote: »
    On a side-note, I binded my Lv.43 crafted weapon under the impression that it could be unbound and returned to me at a later date, since I thought that the "Destroy Bound Equipment" function meant the destruction of the binding, not the entire item. In as much as it was ignorance on my part, I feel the devs should more clearly explain and remind players of this irreversible action in the NPC service description. I use dolls anyway, and if I knew then what I know now, I would never have bound my item.

but the NPC says that u get the item back 72hrs later, if its like that isnt as good as they say...... well there is the choise to use GA(Guardian Angels)...
  • Ana_I - Sanctuary
    Ana_I - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    they should make a reversable binding charm for sale at 20 or 30 gold, or make a reversable binding stone worth 10 gold, and each lvl of item require different amount of stones, so lvl 12 weapons could already need like 200 gold worth of stone or even much more to bind while lvl 5 weapons would require only 1 stone (well lower than lvl 5 weapons dont have real point to bind as you cant pvp)
  • Lemuria - Harshlands
    Lemuria - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    GAs would never be sold again if Bounded items could be unbinded.
    People would still buy them. They don't just protect your equipped gear from dropping, but also items from your inventory. Only equipment can be bound. Expensive materials or molds a player has on them can still be dropped when you die. That alone is reason enough to make them useful. (I'm also wondering why people still call them Guardian Angels when they're called Guardian Scrolls now. Confuses newcomers)

Still, the impact of bound items has been lost significantly since they added the account stash since bound items can be placed into the stash and effectively 'traded' across characters on the same account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Natural_Help - Lost City
    Natural_Help - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    They were still being called GA's because at the time of the post they had not changed the name since it was mid-2009 and the name change was quite some time after that.

I do not see how being able to unbind gear would affect the sales of scrolls since when you unbind it is now free to drop in pvp.

The only reason that there is no option to unbind gear is so that more money is spent on the game for example if you buy some wings or flying sword or whatever and bind it then buy another one at a much later stage and bind that, I would want to give the other item to another character that needs it but now you can't so you end up having to buy another one lol.

It forces people to buy multiples of the epic bound items (not the naturally bound stuff like the really high lvl gear) since when you get something better whats left to do with that bound item but get rid of it? In fact being able to bind items in itself reduces GS (guardian scroll) sales because unless your 1 of those people who have a full bank and keep rly good items in their inventory theres no point in keeping GS's since ur own gear cant drop wen its bound lol.

I think its a good idea to introduce and unbinding stone in the cash shop 4 a price so that there is still a penalty just not as drastic as it is now since the penalty at the moment is permanent. This way the gold still flows and will probably flow even more since a lot of people want 2 unbind their old gear and giv it 2 their friends or even their alts.

lol sry 4 the long post b:surrender hope u enjoy the sleep from passing out while reading this lols i will keep quiet now b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WE ARE LEGION!!! WE ARE MANY!!! @_@

Resistance is futile!! b:shocked
  • Realmystic - Sanctuary
    Realmystic - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i totally agree with *unbind bound equipment should be added to the game*

i bound my cape of tauran chieftain and helmet of lion spirit and made TT 80 gold instead of normal TT 80 cause i tought i could be unbound, but now it seems it can NOT be unbound.

hope this will be added to game aswell :)
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ^ /facepalm. Necro is a bad necro.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You are contributing to the necromancy by commenting on the necro's comment. Along those same lines, I am doing the same by commenting on your comment on the necro's comment. Thus, I will shutup nowb:shutup
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • johnsondu2
    johnsondu2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I can't believe how many of these I read, people hating the way PW made the binding process. Get on a PVP server (not the sissy ones where you have to "turn it on") you'll see PW made it for us! You don't always loose something when PKing, so if you're a stud then don't bind and shutup complaining! ALSO, if you NEVER fight back when someone is PKing you, you'll NEVER loose anything! So stand there and take it, or bind it and fight back, or whatever! I don't want PW to put an unbinding item in the game, everyone would bind their stuff and be PKing all the time because who cares! We'll never losse it and we can upgrade it anytime we want!....stupid...
    vicwac75 wrote: »
    Yes I agree that there should be some sort of trade-off in order to keep your equipment safe, but why not make it a monetary consideration, instead of a permanent "penalty", which imo is a little bit stringent.

The devs could put in a cash shop item to unbind your equipment and that would work well too, as opposed to totally eradicating the possibility of ever being able to pass it on to someone else who needs it. Furthermore, I seriously doubt that being able to trade valuable bound equipment will inflate the economy, since these items are expensive enough as it is.

All in all, it's too big a price to pay for wanting to ensure the safety of equipment that people have invested alot of time and money into obtaining.

• krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    This thread is like a bad horror movie... the dead just keep coming back until the end.

Closed for necro.
This discussion has been closed.