how to level up more than one pet successfully ?

survivorx
survivorx Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Venomancer
so many ppl say u should have a certain pet 4 certain stuff. atm i have a Crystalline Magmite and a Petite Sawfly which im happy with ( CM = lv17 SF=lv18 ). but how do i level both of them up with me, do i switch at alternate levels ? is there a certain trick or something ?

i dont want 2 end up with one higher than the other OR two low leveled pets :O
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Malefox - Sanctuary
    Malefox - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I had trouble keeping both my pets levelled until I reached level 35-40 (especially my wasp, which has since been relegated to an egg in favour of a flying fox). After that, there's almost always 30 to 70% experience per level to be made up after completing all available quests. The daily quest helps (~20% exp after level 30), but grinding the rest is the best way to level up pets and make cash.
    One of the most important things is to keep your pets' loyalty above 900ish (hover your mouse over their exp bar to check), which means they get 15 exp per kill instead of 10, they also do more damage when well fed.

I'm level 54 now and have 2 land pets up to level, though my foxie is still a couple of levels behind as there aren't that many flying quests, and grinding in the air is more time consuming than on land.
    Beetle enthusiast and physical defense stone addict
  • survivorx
    survivorx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    awesome thnx :)
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    My Sawfly always seems to catch up to me the most, as I tend to grind on flying mobs. But when that maxed out, I started grinding on land mobs, and at level 6x, it takes awhile, so my pets get to catch up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I just hit the ground monsters as I grind using whatever pet I feel like. My golem, my bug, whatever. They all beat me to the level mark.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I keep a foxwing, heartless wolf, and bloodwolf with me, and don't really have much of a problem keeping the three of them leveled.... the foxwing and heartless wolf see the most use, so by the time I level, their exp bars are usually full already or close to it anyway. What I do is right after I level I'll just grind a little extra for maybe 20 mins or so to catch up all my pets.... also while i'm grinding levels for myself if I happen to notice that one of my pets exp bar is full, i'll just shift him to the rear of the rotation and call one of my other pets.... whenever possible anyway.
  • Kittychan - Heavens Tear
    Kittychan - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Whenever I notice that my current pet's exp bar is full, I'll switch to another one to level it up to that point as well. Once they're all at that point, I'll just use the pet that does most damage. Right now my sawfly is a couple levels behind me because I haven't been grinding on air mobs recently and them getting stuck in the ground annoys me. But they will all balance out eventually.
  • mezzy
    mezzy Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Pet loyalty is gained with pet food and lost whenever your pet dies. A good tip is to keep the pet loyalty full so that you get more pet exp per kill.That way it takes less time levelling each pet. I did have a pet that I pretty much ignored and it's harder to level from lower if you leave it too long like that.

When you're around level 60, you will be grinding a lot anyway so your pets will easily catch up with your level around then.

b:victory Good luck!
  • rojoe
    rojoe Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    So to max out the loyalty would I have to buy the more expensive pet food, feed till maxed, then just use water to keep it at that loyalty range while I'm fighting?
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    "have to" is such an ugly word. Myself, I never cared about loyality, and if you do the "feed when green" the bar will fill up nonetheless.
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    nice stuff, i'll add this to Veno F.A.Q.b:victory
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • mezzy
    mezzy Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I guess it's all about personal preferance. I don't mind spending the little money on water and oils to maintain my pet loyalty because this also affects my pet's damage.
    One oil can usually restore loyalty to full but if you're feeling cheap, just use the water till it cools down, or when your pet goes hungry as suggested by someone else. The loyalty only really has to be over half way.

b:victory I personally think not having full loyalty looks untidy but I think thats just me!
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I would strongly advise you to have your pets' loyalty at least at 700. 500 is the cutoff point. As long as your pet's loyalty is above that, its stats will get increased 120% and it gets 150% experience. You want your loyalty at a decent level so that if your pet dies, its loyalty doesn't dip below 500 before you can get to a city and get it back up.

Honestly, the ginger oils refill 100 loyalty and cost 740 a piece. You only need them when loyalty gets near 500. So, you'd need at most 5 at a time and that's 3900. That's not much to get more damage, defense, and attack from your pet.
  • Jazzboo - Sanctuary
    Jazzboo - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I would strongly advise you to have your pets' loyalty at least at 700. 500 is the cutoff point. As long as your pet's loyalty is above that, its stats will get increased 120% and it gets 150% experience. You want your loyalty at a decent level so that if your pet dies, its loyalty doesn't dip below 500 before you can get to a city and get it back up.
    I try but its annoying, feeding it every few minutes.b:lipcurl
    LIGHT IS THE KEY. DARKNESS IS THE LOCK. PERFECT WORLD IS THE PLACE BEYOND THE DOOR.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Necro pro, Jazzboo...