Embracing in a Perfect World...

Comments

• Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    phynnivar wrote: »
    Embracing is just another cute feature that perfect world offers...for straight people. I find it rather offensive that people of two different species can embrace but not female/female or male/male? You would think in a perfect world people should be free to be who they are and like who they like... Maybe perfect world isn't so perfect after all...

I suspect it is because of the origins of the game but I would tend to agree that it should go both ways. Also, for LoL's I think it would be funny if I could pick up a Barb instead of him picking me up if I choose the Embrace. That would just look funny.
  • EP_DarkSol - Lost City
    EP_DarkSol - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Since girls in this game are paper-thin, why don't we just add a "hand-holding" type mechanic?

Such as, female initiates embrace with male or female -> handholding(AND RIDING ON MOUNTS.)

Male initiates embrace with female-pick up. With another male-> handholding.(And riding mounts.)

That's the only way it wouldn't look ludicrous and still be what the OP wants.

Also, the second reply to this thread made me laugh so hard.
  • Anomandariss - Heavens Tear
    Anomandariss - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    in a perfect world **** don't exist.
    You owned the entire topic.

It's a good idea to be able to give rides on your mount, if you have one, to everybody. But a male embracing a male and vise versa? Just no.

Bragging about **** rights in a video game is a bit... hmm, cheekily, don't you think? Personally I have nothing against homosexual people, if they don't go too far.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Anti-faggotry and Pro-bestiality?

Something here does not add up...
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This again?
    Just gtfo.
  • Forkinhell - Heavens Tear
    Forkinhell - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This again?
    Just gtfo.

Sounds like someone needs a Carebear cuddle b:shy
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm all for taking the kissing part out completely and just making it where anyone can carry anyone(would also serve to take some of the awkwardness out of recharging chi)....yeah it might look a bit odd for a skinny little 100lb veno to be seen carrying around a 300lb barb...... but maybe gravity works a bit differently in a perfect world??? Afterall they were very carefull to not call this place "earth", manta rays and swords dont fly either.... but they do here.

I find making out in public(no matter straight or homo) equally as disgusting.... get a friggen room.
  • Zdolnoc - Sanctuary
    Zdolnoc - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm all for taking the kissing part out completely and just making it where anyone can carry anyone(would also serve to take some of the awkwardness out of recharging chi)....yeah it might look a bit odd for a skinny little 100lb veno to be seen carrying around a 300lb barb...... but maybe gravity works a bit differently in a perfect world??? Afterall they were very carefull to not call this place "earth", manta rays and swords dont fly either.... but they do here.

I find making out in public(no matter straight or homo) equally as disgusting.... get a friggen room.
    I think PDI fits in perfectly in PWI. XD

I really have no opinion, just wanted to throw in my little play on words. Though it would be hot to see some girls carrying each other and kissing. ;)
  • Gogg - Heavens Tear
    Gogg - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2009

So, how do you report offensive people?
    It's kinda ironic how everyone is against racism and sexism, but at the same time show such blatant hatred for people with different preferences. How about a little tolerance people?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    So, how do you report offensive people?
    It's kinda ironic how everyone is against racism and sexism, but at the same time show such blatant hatred for people with different preferences. How about a little tolerance people?

this has nothing to do with my tolerance of ****, there just isn't any in a perfect world.
  • livibility
    livibility Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009

When a very good-looking girl (or guy), that you know wants to make out with you, and it just happens to be in a public place, let me know if you turn them down, so I can laugh at you.

IN REGARDS of the thread, It's wrong for a guy to embrace a guy, or a girl embracing a girl. In regards to carrying, I don't carry my buddies around, and no girls I know carry their girlfriends from place to place. In a "perfect world" awkwardness does not exist, and those two factors are awkward.

Oh and anyone who wishes they could carry their home-boys around, they have places for people like you.

No offense to anyone, maybe I'm "simple-minded", but I would find the same-sex carrying each other more awkward than what it is now, which is making-out in public ect.

Maybe I'm just homophobic.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    livibility wrote: »
    When a very good-looking girl (or guy), that you know wants to make out with you, and it just happens to be in a public place, let me know if you turn them down, so I can laugh at you.

I'm not a teenager, I don't have to worry about "fronting with my dope image" or whatever it is you kids say... so laugh all ya want..... and while I have to be honest and must say that I've never pushed a girl away for getting "friendly" with me in publc, however I must go further on to say that there have been several times i've wanted to push a girl off me and was really just "along for the ride"

Public displays are just that... for the benefit of the "public", its all a show intended to temporarily sate the insecurities of a jealous or possesive lover, if you are unable to convince your GF/BF or whatever that you love them within your own privacy and have to resort to such public displays in order to convince everyone else.... then it is you who should be laughed at.
  • livibility
    livibility Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'm not a teenager, I don't have to worry about "fronting with my dope image" or whatever it is you kids say... so laugh all ya want..... and while I have to be honest and must say that I've never pushed a girl away for getting "friendly" with me in publc, however I must go further on to say that there have been several times i've wanted to push a girl off me and was really just "along for the ride"

Public displays are just that... for the benefit of the "public", its all a show intended to temporarily sate the insecurities of a jealous or possesive lover, if you are unable to convince your GF/BF or whatever that you love them within your own privacy and have to resort to such public displays in order to convince everyone else.... then it is you who should be laughed at.

Affection is affection, in public or not.

I'm not a "dope teenager" for one.

However, affection has been around since the dawn of man, if people can't do it where they want, what do we have? You see holding hands, hugging, kissing, and other affectionate acts on a daily basis, multiple times a day.

IN contrast to the thread, if you see a man and woman (girl and boy, w/e) kissing, hugging, holding hands, ect. Most think "awe cute, cute couple, ect." If you're irked by this, maybe you need a reality check.

HOWEVER, I eat my own words when I see two parties of the same gender kissing, or showing intimate affection for, but hey, I'm messed up in my own ways as well.
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It's obvious they want the guys to have the tough time getting places, you can't just go up to some random girl and ask for help carrying you to heaven's tear since there is no option for that, where as playing as a girl, you can use that to your advantage, wether your a guy or girl irl and go up to someone, ask them to carry you up and be able to get there no problem. Talking about this reminds me of the experience differance reward for the Valentine's quest, all the guys were so hated, lol.

Oh no i can't travel around what I'm gonna do? help! help!
    Am I the only one who finds that embarrassing for a guy to be that wuss?

C'mon you're only couple of levels away from flight, finish your other quests and fly! But then again I haven't seen the life on your side of the world- maybe cab drivers carry their passengers on their hands upstairs to their apartment doors as well.

Anyway i understand what you're trying to do- wuss men are people too and if that's the only way they can play- by all means make it available for them to be carried!
  • Dravion - Lost City
    Dravion - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    seriously why are people so "**** rights, im offended ,blah blah" about the embrasing thing?
    it just a GAME. whining about somthing this dumb is a waste of time imo.
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Same thing why you bothered to write what you wrote. We got some time to kill.
  • crackerchad
    crackerchad Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You know the only ones crying about how embrace is now are the guys pretending to be girls who wanna carry their "girl" friend in game around, lame -.-"

BTW, notice theres never any lesbians on PW? WHY you ask? i tell you xD
    Most the girls are guys, shush idc thats what im saying, and if the guy wants ppl to think they are a girl, he wont say hes a ****, because then you KNOW hes not a girl lol ^^

BUT if they say they are bi, you think, oh well since he likes guys too.. hes not a guy playing as a girl cause that'd make him ****... whcih guys dont wanna be on here.. YES i put lotta thoguht into this.. WHY you ask? cause im very bored and reading the forums and complaining to ppl who i dont care what say makes me feel better xD
  • Diogeneskyon - Lost City
    Diogeneskyon - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2009

PDA gets less offensive when you hit puberty
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    PDA gets less offensive when you hit puberty

There's PDA, and then there's "Get a friggen' room already". It's not about it being offensive, it's about it getting to a point of being inappropriate.

Public displays of affection don't need to make everyone around them uncomfortable with their actions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You know the only ones crying about how embrace is now are the guys pretending to be girls who wanna carry their "girl" friend in game around, lame -.-"
    This is true. Those of us who are female and want to carry around our female friends and/or lovers (depending on sexual orientation) simply dislike the fact that we cannot do so, but have already accepted that it can't be changed and wouldn't be changed if it could.

It is fun to talk about reasons why it would be nice to have around, though. b:chuckle
  • Itachi - Lost City
    Itachi - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Lololol im laughing my azz of (pertaining to this post agreed )-___-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Smexy mage extrodiner :3
  • Itachi - Lost City
    Itachi - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    beside a bunch of dudes play as girl characters anyways make do with what u got -____-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Smexy mage extrodiner :3
  • aeyris
    aeyris Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    phynnivar wrote: »
    Embracing is just another cute feature that perfect world offers...for straight people. I find it rather offensive that people of two different species can embrace but not female/female or male/male? You would think in a perfect world people should be free to be who they are and like who they like... Maybe perfect world isn't so perfect after all...

I see what you mean, I'm new here, and think it kind of sucks, even though I'm straight. I guess the people who created it are trying not to offend anyone, but in the process end up offending people.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    you can't satisfy everyone. if same sex embracing was allowed other people would be offended.
  • jalenstar4ever
    jalenstar4ever Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Dumb thread.

Listen, there are other games for people who are specifically looking for a hug, an embrace, to carry, or otherwise be intimate with another player. Go play those when you get the urge or desire for intimacy or sensual activities.

You horndogs.
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2009

ROFL... boy this is straight to the point. And I tend to agree. Be happy the game isn't made in Iran. They would stone you, or hang you to death for such same sex embracing. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    HMMMM ya know....with the number of times this topic has come up......gives me an idea.

Any game creating ppl wanna joint venture? I can be the investor^^

Make a "****" mmorpg called HOMOONLINE!

We'd make a killing,with all these **** ppl!

Characters: Fudgepacker, Polesmoker, Buttyboy, etc:) Different classes^^

Think about it:) money to be made here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    HMMMM ya know....with the number of times this topic has come up......gives me an idea.

Any game creating ppl wanna joint venture? I can be the investor^^

Make a "****" mmorpg called HOMOONLINE!

We'd make a killing,with all these **** ppl!

Characters: Fudgepacker, Polesmoker, Buttyboy, etc:) Different classes^^

Think about it:) money to be made here!

EPIC WIN WIN. The dude has got a killer idea!b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    Cosmos - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I don't know what I find more disturbing. The fact that a thread was made on this subject again or that some players haven't been banned/had their posts edited yet. I.e., Forp and Devlinne to name a couple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Actually I gave some thought on this. if every guy in this world is **** (exept you) and all the girls are straight. Would that be a pefect world for you? LOL
This discussion has been closed.