FB19 and so on.

Cooki - Heavens Tear
Cooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 192 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Tideswell (East)
I was just wondering starting off as a new server, when the time came for someone to do one of there FB's how would this work?

I know it is possible for you to kill the mobs before the boss but what happens when you get to the boss?
Charms and a couple clerics spamming iron heart?
Even with that I would think a bunch of level 19's would still FAIL.

Sorry for the questions,
Just something I'd like to know.
Either way it goes It's going to have to be done (:

Thanks in Advanced!
Post edited by Cooki - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• MistresShade - Sanctuary
    MistresShade - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well I know if you have a well built barb and well built cleric, maybe two, you can tank it easily. By well built on a barb I mean like enough str and dex for armor and weapons and the rest in vit, with an hp charm. By well built cleric I mean pure mag, spamming nothing but ironheart, with maxed buffs for the level, and maybe an mp charm if they can't use pots to keep up.

Of course if a veno wants to pop $150+ on a new server and get a herc they can also tank at the level of teh FB if they are any good. At the low levels a really good veno with a decent magmite should be able to tank as well.
    I am the biggest hypocrit you will ever see or hear, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Greed destroys even the tightest of bonds
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Okay Great!

Thank you so much.
    Just what I needed. b:thanks

Always knew it was possible just wasn't sure how.
    Hopefully I will be able to find an Untamed that is willing to travel all the way to plume for an FB (:
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I've done fb19 beast with just a party of foxes. A level 20 or so golem can tank that boss with 2-3 healers.

I figure the rest can probably be done in a similar manner.

I don't think you'll have trouble getting people to come help, fb is a fast way to level
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shori - Heavens Tear
    Shori - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I know it is possible for you to kill the mobs before the boss but what happens when you get to the boss?
    Charms and a couple clerics spamming iron heart?
    Even with that I would think a bunch of level 19's would still FAIL.

Well were gonna find out Cooki :P This is gonna be the best part about the new server, no more "oh, FB time, lets grab a really high level to do it for us" stuff, actually going to have to work in a group to get it done :)

Oh and Cooki, check your in game mail.
  • Shinron - Sanctuary
    Shinron - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    That's true, it would be tough for everyone to get fb19 done if everyone's lvling at a differant pace, but you will surely find people the same or close to your lvl to help you. Luckily i will have 2 other friends i will be lvling with to help me when i get to that point.
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    @ Shori- Yeah i got it hun.
    I don't really log on much anymore because im waiting for the new Server (:

@yourmom and shin
    hmm Yeah I was thinking the same thing
    I also will have people to help Shori and one other
    Well I'm looking for the the FB never really been in a challenging one!
  • Keita_ibuki - Sanctuary
    Keita_ibuki - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, it will surely bring the fun in fb's back, instead of those typical fb19 runs with high lvls where they do all the work and you can hardly help whatsoever, no challenge at all, now wheres the fun in that? lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lvl 4x Fist-Bm- Keita, Lvl 6x Cleric- Shinron, Lvl 6x Veno- Sierna (Sanctuary server)

Lvl 3x Fist Blademaster (Dreamweaver server)

Leader of Exceed faction- Together we will exceed beyond all limits b:cool.

"Death will follow you, no matter where you go"...
  • woothepo
    woothepo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    how many people and what classes are good for fb? since we're all going to be the same level?
  • Keita - Heavens Tear
    Keita - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    *looks at a particular name* What the?

Anyways, when I started playing this game, I did FB19 with my friends. We were all a little over level 20 when we did it. We had not used any cash shop items at the time. It did take a while to finish it, but we did manage to complete it w/o higher level help. Although our method ended up having the tank run around the room while the DDs kill it for the boss. I'm sure there is a much faster way to do it with low levels.

Probably to make things easy for the first few FBs, a barbarian, a venomancer, two clerics, and two DDs might be a good party lineup to take on any FB.
  • Keita_ibuki - Sanctuary
    Keita_ibuki - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Everyone's best choice to get through the fb's without trouble is to have a party with a variation of classes, such as werebeast/blademaster for tank, cleric for healing of course, venomancer for luring, than theres the damage dealing wizards who can join in the group so you can get through the mobs quicker. The more the better i say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lvl 4x Fist-Bm- Keita, Lvl 6x Cleric- Shinron, Lvl 6x Veno- Sierna (Sanctuary server)

Lvl 3x Fist Blademaster (Dreamweaver server)

Leader of Exceed faction- Together we will exceed beyond all limits b:cool.

"Death will follow you, no matter where you go"...
  • Aysun - Sanctuary
    Aysun - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hallelujah!! I'm so excited for the fbs on the new server. None of this nonsense where the high levels are only in it for the benefits they get and don't really care about the person doing the run. It will be a challenge and maybe actually requires the ten hours they give you. Hehehehehe. b:dirty
  • MistresShade - Sanctuary
    MistresShade - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hallelujah!! I'm so excited for the fbs on the new server. None of this nonsense where the high levels are only in it for the benefits they get and don't really care about the person doing the run. It will be a challenge and maybe actually requires the ten hours they give you. Hehehehehe. b:dirty

If it takes ten hours there is something horribly wrong...but yes the FBs will be fun.
    I am the biggest hypocrit you will ever see or hear, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Greed destroys even the tightest of bonds
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Yeah I cannot wait till this Server Comes out
    So much I'm looking forward too.
    What sucks is everyone is going to have to march to the Starting Cities to complete the FB19's and thats a long fly or walk -_-
  • somedudeother
    somedudeother Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    you're not allowed to teleport on the new server?
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    No I'm sorry for the confusion
    You CAN teleport What I ment was don't you have to get the "way point" before you can teleport to different cities. and If you don't have the way point you will be marching (:
  • sotsf
    sotsf Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Getting way points for the 3 starting cities could be easy/free. I remember getting a quest in my earlier levels which had me port to other 2 starting cities and speak to the guard :P (for mage and veno at least). So walk will be from that city to its respective fbs :P

What I feel like addressing is the loot division in said fbs, since we'll all be low levels, using the abilities of all party members. Will the tab holder still get all boss drops or will it get divided in party according to need etc?

I feel the tab user should get the drops. Even if players get their fb quest finished while helping in someone else run, they still have their tabs that they can use at later level.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Hmmm I agreee with you.
    This is why I feel you should only do the FB19 with people you know
    Rather then random people on the new server.

Why? Because everyone is broke lol
    and will most likely take your mold if one is dropped
    but your chances of that happening if you know the people in your team greatly drop. (:
  • Jazzboo - Sanctuary
    Jazzboo - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    No I'm sorry for the confusion
    You CAN teleport What I ment was don't you have to get the "way point" before you can teleport to different cities. and If you don't have the way point you will be marching (:
    don't u have 2 do that on all servers?
    LIGHT IS THE KEY. DARKNESS IS THE LOCK. PERFECT WORLD IS THE PLACE BEYOND THE DOOR.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    don't u have 2 do that on all servers?

YES but for someone who is Higher level they can easily Fly there or use a Mount and its more safer for a lvl 60+ to walk throw a bunch of lvl 50 mobs but if someone lvl 19 does. they can say bye bye.
  • jordsaus
    jordsaus Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    YES but for someone who is Higher level they can easily Fly there or use a Mount and its more safer for a lvl 60+ to walk throw a bunch of lvl 50 mobs but if someone lvl 19 does. they can say bye bye.

I walked from Etherblade to Lost City when I was level 21, you just have to avoid every singe monster that near the road.

Anyway it will be cool to do it with people the same level.
  • Jacim - Heavens Tear
    Jacim - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You guys are funny

Now maybe I geared my barb obscenely well for a level 19 (doubt it as the only non-blues he had were HH set) but he was able to easily tank his own FB without a charm. As a matter of fact I kept him healed with my level 3 morning dew (granted I was 7X but morning dew takes 4-5 secs to cast and can't stack)

But yeah the new FBs will be a lot of fun

On that note: my barb Thor will be tanking your FB19s on Harshlands b:victory

If you want me to of course. Just remember: I have no life (b:surrender), so I will be a "high level" barb when the time comes for FB19

**Edit Oops just noticed this is for the PvE server (I just click "New Posts")
    Late-start + Late-bloomer on HT server
    Switching to PvP for fun and the chance to be top50b:victory
    Harshlands class & IGN: Barbarian / Thor
    Please don't take my name? If so I will be forced to gank you for the rest of your time on the server b:laugh
  • Shamino - Sanctuary
    Shamino - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Another option is of course to run a duo FB (2 level 25's can clean the whole FB in under 1 hr) me and my bro did it with a level 25 veno and a level 25 BM, easier with 2 venos as I had to roar sometimes to make sure his pet heal could keep up with the damage. Note: Make sure you have a veno otherwise you have to wait for the tank to hit every mob once before the cleric can heal.

We didnt lure the mobs though which would have made things alot easier (our first characters in PW so we didnt know about some of the FB tricks to make it easier)

the other choice is the classic FB combo, barb, cleric, veno (enough to handle pretty much any FB add another cleric, and DD or BM's to taste and fill the extra slots)

Be careful as a squishy in your FBs though (mage, cleric, veno, archer) the mobs are primarily physical and at level can make a mess of you if your party isnt careful.
  • somedudeother
    somedudeother Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    doing fb19s with all 19s is simple. You need a barb, a cleric, and a veno, and you have to be very patient and go slow. Untamed takes over half an hour.
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Yeah.. Untamed has the longest FB ugh.
    Well Im going Cleric Again soo mine wont be so bad :P