Ultimate Game Card for PWI rant

Options
2»

Comments

• Myai - Heavens Tear
    Myai - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Well, I've searched major stores that we have in my state on their online websites and no store has the gaming card! I've searched Target, Walmart, Game Stop, even Dans, our local grocery store! XD My sister and I both play the game and we want to buy stuff in the game for each other for Christmas, but we've had bad experiences with paypal before and gaming cards are the only way to buy from the Cash Shop for us.
    Although, I think my search might not have been accurate. Target carries Nexon cards, so why wouldn't it have a PWI card? PWI is way better than any Nexon game! b:pleased So, does anyone know where I can buy an Ultimate Gaming Card for PWI? I'm desperate >__<
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Wow dude, this is really interesting.

I was about to go and buy some Ultimate Gamer Cards too, where did you get yours? I'm going to check out Mac's and then Walmart if I get the time.

I knew there'd be some kind of problem regarding the conversion rate, but I would assume the store would take care of it for you or something =s

I doubt that PWI will do anything about it, it seems like they'd say it's our fault for not factoring in the conversation rates, as on the Charging Zen page it does say that everything is in USD, it's only common sense that it'd cost us more (Which sucks since the CND lost value again vs. the USD -_-)
  • Wrathx - Heavens Tear
    Wrathx - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I bought the first one at a Macs and the second one at a 7-Eleven. If you are Canadian and plan on using this card, yea make sure you understand that you'll need to buy more than one card in order to get $20 worth. Teny you said what I was thinking and I believe I even posted about. If these cards are going to be sold in Canada, the store should be taking in consideration the conversion of currency because the exact same card in the states is being sold and you get the $20 worth. If they had've done that in the first place, there would have been no problem. Anyways I didn't plan on posting anymore about it so I'll leave it at that.
  • Darth_rambo - Lost City
    Darth_rambo - Lost City Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    So, how much did zen did you actually get from both cards 2000 + 1000, with a balance, or just 2000 with the left over balance?
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    The below is the opinion of a user, and does not represent the stance of Perfect World Entertainment, any Perfect World Employee, or of PayByCash and affiliates. I can not represent the views or future plans of any of those groups.

There is some information available through the charge method. I'd recommend checking that personally, as there will be variations in the exchange rate, local taxes, and other fees over time, before purchasing an Ultimate Game Card.

It's not a matter of faults, Teny, so much as it is of what solutions can be applied. I'm not sure that even the PayByCash folk have enough clout to have every shop selling their cards keep an updated list of exchange rates for all the places those cards can be used. I'd like it if they could, but it's not worth having places refuse to stock the cards at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Meeeowwwwww - Lost City
    Meeeowwwwww - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Sorry to hear that >.<

My parents dont like using their cridit card, so now they just take me to blockbusters and I buy the game cards :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you need me, just Meeeeoowwwwwww!
    b:dirty
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Sorry to bump this up, I really am, but I have another comment to make regarding the issue.

Why do the stores not allow you to select the amount you want? If they realize that conversation rates are an issue, why can you just choose the "credit" on the card that you wish to pay for, instead of their fixed 20, 50 or whatever intervals?

I'm only disputing the issue because I'm thinking of buying a gamer card probably within 24 hours.

Except, if I was to theoretically spend 100 Canadian, that's about 81 US, meaning that what, I'm going to get at the most 80 zen because those are the only two accepted intervals on the website?
  • gattsuru
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Why do the stores not allow you to select the amount you want?
    My understanding of the matter is limited, but from a mechanical viewpoint, the stores are typically only given a limited number of cards and only have the ability to set a given card as active. Since stores likely have a limited number of positions for merchandise and a highly limited amount of tech support or sales manpower that can be devoted to the development and training of a new system, the most economical result is to keep the system for enabling cards simple and to retain a fairly small variety of charge values.

There are some methods which allow cards to be "charged" with a certain amount of currency, but there are some other issues (primarily setup time) involved with them.
    Except, if I was to theoretically spend 100 Canadian, that's about 81 US, meaning that what, I'm going to get at the most 80 zen because those are the only two accepted intervals on the website?

The remaining value from an unspent card is saved within the PayByCash system as Perfect World dollars, meaning that they can be used later.

Also, although currency markets are currently volatile, I'm getting $19.72 US Dollars = $26.10 Canadian Dollars from PayByCash. Depending on how you set it through Pay By Cash, that should come out between 7000 ZEN (70 Gold) and 7600 (76 Gold) depending on how you process it (the latter number assumes a 5000 Zen purchase, which I have not personally tested with PayByCash Ultimate Game Cards), with 5+ Canadian dollars remaining on the account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Yes, but how Pay By Cash works is unfamiliar to me, as I live in a place where the stores I can go to are somewhat limited.

If I was to, for example, mail money to a certain address, that would be an option for me, however it'd be via post, not Western Union or a similar agency as there are no places like that nearby.
  • syen
    syen Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    i've been purchasing ultimate cards in 20dollor us i bought both legendary pets with them but was curious since i have to exchange 1 at a time,
    is there anyway to bouns zhen say from buying like 50zhen at a time u get more than individual 50zhen purchase using the cards? since the cards only give 10 or 20 at a time
  • AsugoXXX - Heavens Tear
    AsugoXXX - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    HAHA yea same thing happend to me but i figured out if you use a diffent email it works i truied like i bought 10 doller and told me i had 6 bucks topay bough another used a diff email and it works
    edited January 2009
    Options
    But then again i used the 10 dollor one like my paybycash acc balace is 00.01 b:laugh so yea LOl
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Whoops wrong one lol and no only i think 20 dollor and up have bounus other than thaty no :(
  • gattsuru
    edited January 2009
    Options
    If I was to, for example, mail money to a certain address, that would be an option for me, however it'd be via post, not Western Union or a similar agency as there are no places like that nearby.

PayByCash does support Cash through Post payments for the Canada region. You'll need to contact them or the support ticketing department for further information on this method, though, as I'm not experienced at all with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • willowwisp
    willowwisp Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I have put in a support ticket but want you all to know this is not just limited to Canadian customers. I live in the US and bought 2 Utimate Game Cards one for my wife one for me. When my wife put mine in it showed I owed a balance. So it took 2 twenty dollar cards to get 20zen for my account. Now i got a 19.38 balance on my account. I have not even seen 10dollars cards in any store in my area. Ultimate Game cards seem like a rip off at this point,we will not use them again. Now I just need to fgure out how to get the balance left somehow.
    b:angry
  • saphire1960
    saphire1960 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    HAHA yea same thing happend to me but i figured out if you use a diffent email it works i truied like i bought 10 doller and told me i had 6 bucks topay bough another used a diff email and it works

*Note sorry to bump and old thread

But are you saying you commited a fraud? From what I can tell your saying You lied about where your from if what i believe you said is true thats no better then stealing if you ask me and I'm sure since you just outted yourself they will deduct the money from your account incase u decide to buy a card again.
    Race: Elf
    Class: Bard
    Name: (you will see)
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Actually, can someone actually explain the real benefits of the Game Card approach? Due to all the excess fees and everything (even in the US), it almost seems cheaper to just buy a prepaid Mastercard with like $250 on it and process that via Google Checkout or Paypal...

Though, I suppose the answer is irrelevant to me since I'm boycotting new Zen purchases until PWE stops annoying me. (First, no more charm packs and then mishandling it. Then, a still unanswered Xmas event support ticket which lost me a lot of coin which was made from selling gold purchased with real money. I'm not giving them a third chance with my money with this sort of track record.)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • sauroman
    sauroman Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hi
    I want to buy zen by alertpay.com. How can I do this? Is there a way to do this?
  • XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear
    XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    if i am not mistaken u have to do 10 dollar increments and this is a very flawed system and i had the same problem with these greedy ultimage game card people when i played last chaos
  • anneugc
    anneugc Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Actually, can someone actually explain the real benefits of the Game Card approach? Due to all the excess fees and everything (even in the US), it almost seems cheaper to just buy a prepaid Mastercard with like $250 on it and process that via Google Checkout or Paypal...

Though, I suppose the answer is irrelevant to me since I'm boycotting new Zen purchases until PWE stops annoying me. (First, no more charm packs and then mishandling it. Then, a still unanswered Xmas event support ticket which lost me a lot of coin which was made from selling gold purchased with real money. I'm not giving them a third chance with my money with this sort of track record.)

I am using The Ultimate Game Card from a long time. It's is powered by PayByCash.com which is the easiest way to pay for over 300 popular online prepaid games and it's available in 20,000 retail stores near you.

With the help of a Ultimate Game Card, you can play top-rated multiplayer games with your friends or gamers from halfway around the world. Pick up a game card and you are ready to play. Ultimate Game Card gives you the instant payment advantage of a credit card without requiring personal information.

But I also agree that there are some problems.
  • LadyBastet - Sanctuary
    LadyBastet - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I go through the steps and I pick the $20 Ultimate Game Card option. On the right of the page I notice it says something about $27.36 owing. The next page I put in the pin number of the game card and it shows it as redeemed.....BUT.....it says that there is still $7.36 owing which can only be paid using another Ultimate Game Card.

So yea I start losing it. I am royally pissed because first of all I bought a $20 card thinking I would get $20 credit in Zen meaning 20 gold, that didn't happen. Secondly I already paid tax at the store to get the card and now it's wanting another $7.36 just so I can get $20 worth of Zen???? So basically it's going to cost me almost $30 to get $20 worth of Gold which is quite a rip off.

Thank you for the warning. I live in Canada as well and was going to buy a card this weekend. Guess I will stick to my paypal. I would rather wait an week and a half to spend $25 on 2000zen then waste $40. Of course I am disappointed that I can't spend $20 to get 2000zen. Guess this game really is not International after all. It should be called Perfect World America.
  • Azlin - Sanctuary
    Azlin - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    wow i went to get one today in mac's but LUCKILY they didn't have them for some reason... i was disappointed and went home. i came home and saw this thread, started reading every post and i realized if the game cards were there i would've bought them and have been ripped off. THX FOR THE WARNING AND ALL THE OTHER POSTS THAT ARE AGAINST THIS PROBLEM! b:victoryb:thanks
  • ishiguro
    ishiguro Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Anyways, sorry for the long post. This is basically a warning to other Canadians that were thinking of using Ultimate Game Cards. They are a rip off and I'd stay away from them. It ruined it for me and makes me think twice about buying more zen even though I know there are other options. I'm sure I'll end up buying more zen at some point but I'm in no rush now.

/end rant

I live in the USA, and found out about game cards and decided to buy one. So i've looking around for as much info on them as possible... Seeing this post, it doesnt look good for canadians to buy them, but is it ok for me, in the USA, to get some, or will I get ripped off?
  • hazeknight
    hazeknight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Actually, for all you Canadians out there.....there's a much better option with Paypal if you don't want to use your own credit card, or your paypal account that is attached to your bank account.

There are Mastercard prepaid gift cards that work like credit cards. You can buy one for $28.75 ($25 + 3.75 authorization fee), and at today's exchange rate (about 0.8USD to 1CAD), it will convert to about 2000 zen...

Of course, there's that minor problem of the paypal authorization fee of $1USD, but that gets refunded to you eventually. So you can get 1000 Zen the day you buy the card, and then another 1000 when that dollar gets refunded back.

Just don't be silly and buy Zen when the exchange rate is lower than 0.8USD-1CAD, or you're going to end up with less than 12$ on a card you can't use.

Thought I'd post this as an alternative to the Ultimate game cards; those things just seem to be a complete disaster waiting to happen when you purchase them.
  • B_O_N_D - Lost City
    B_O_N_D - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Costs me 80 dollars Aus to get 50 Zen so canadians are still better off
    did u buy some sort of card to get zhen if so were from? im also from australia an finding it hard to find a card option
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Forsakenx
This discussion has been closed.