Questions Related To/Of Pet Skills

wikkid86
wikkid86 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
Why can't we allow our pets to learn Assisting Skills such as Strong, Pounce, etc..?

Why doesn't Mrs. Zoologist offer to sell the Assisting Skill Scrolls?

When will we actually be able to equip these Assisting Skills to our Pets Skill Bar?

Since Venomancers have been becoming more and more glitched/bugged how come we're not able to use the Assisting Skills?

Why do we have to pay 750k just to learn 1 Buff/De-buff Skill which will start out at level 1? For us to Max out one of these Buff/De-buffs it will cost 1,550,000 coins.

Answers can be from both Players and GMs. Answers also don't need to be immediate. I would appreciate the knowledge of this situation as many or most Venos would. Till then, good luck and have fun! b:cool
Post edited by wikkid86 on

Comments

• Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Pets are able to learn those skills, you just have to find the book first. Many of the rare skill books, Strong, Claw, etc, are rare drops from the Dragon Temple event.

As to the cost: Maybe it's to offset the fact that we have practically no cost to play at all? When's the last time you bought a potion? I agree they seem awfully expensive at face value, but I think in the end it's probably not all that bad.
  • bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    wikkid86 wrote: »
    Why can't we allow our pets to learn Assisting Skills such as Strong, Pounce, etc..?

Because those skills are part of what makes the Legendary Hercules legendary.

As above.
    When will we actually be able to equip these Assisting Skills to our Pets Skill Bar?

Never?
    Since Venomancers have been becoming more and more glitched/bugged how come we're not able to use the Assisting Skills?

No idea what you are asking here. Are you implying that Assisting skills should become a glitch? o.O
    Why do we have to pay 750k just to learn 1 Buff/De-buff Skill which will start out at level 1? For us to Max out one of these Buff/De-buffs it will cost 1,550,000 coins.

Not all skills are 750k. If you find them too expensive, don't learn them?
    Answers can be from both Players and GMs. Answers also don't need to be immediate. I would appreciate the knowledge of this situation as many or most Venos would. Till then, good luck and have fun! b:cool

It appears your main issue is that you are unable to get your pet to learn skills that a Legendary pet has. Why do you think people pay as much as they do for a Legendary pet? You want those skills, get the Hercules.
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • wikkid86
    edited February 2009
    Pets are able to learn those skills, you just have to find the book first. Many of the rare skill books, Strong, Claw, etc, are rare drops from the Dragon Temple event.

As to the cost: Maybe it's to offset the fact that we have practically no cost to play at all? When's the last time you bought a potion? I agree they seem awfully expensive at face value, but I think in the end it's probably not all that bad.

Thanks for the info, I highlighted the response for others.

On the second response I will have to say that we make a decent amount of money, but that's dependent on the fact of how long we grind regular mobs for Dragon Quest Items. We make it, then end up spending it quickly on equips Legendary Pet Feathers and Force that are over priced, Materials for crafting since we leveled faster than others and might have got caught behind. I think people over estimate and don't understand how much our income really is.
  • wikkid86
    edited February 2009
    bzbee wrote: »
    Because those skills are part of what makes the Legendary Hercules legendary.

As above.

Never?

No idea what you are asking here. Are you implying that Assisting skills should become a glitch? o.O

Not all skills are 750k. If you find them too expensive, don't learn them?

It appears your main issue is that you are unable to get your pet to learn skills that a Legendary pet has. Why do you think people pay as much as they do for a Legendary pet? You want those skills, get the Hercules.

Sorry, ignored.
  • bzbee
    edited February 2009
    Sorry, ignored.

Oh I see, so you DO want Legendary Pet Skills but NOT pay for a Hercules.

I understand now.

Do continue to ignore me, after all they do say IGNORANCE IS BLISS.

b:pleased

• Daerys - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Oh I agree, we are very capable of spending that money very quickly. I was mostly referring to the fact that while other classes rely on charms and pots we really don't have to use them except in a pinch, and most pinches are avoidable by just paying attention. My theory is that pet skills were priced the way they are for this reason. Legendary pets fall under "special circumstances" I think. They are awesome and worth every penny and every hour spent gaining those pennies, but certainly not necessary. As for gear, we could probably hit the level cap naked in all honesty, just a weapon and a pet.
  • wikkid86
    edited February 2009
    Oh I see, so you DO want Legendary Pet Skills but NOT pay for a Hercules.

I understand now.

Do continue to ignore me, after all they do say IGNORANCE IS BLISS.

b:pleased

You're completely wrong, and I'm on a whole other level where I don't participate with ignorant arrogance disguised as a "constructive argument", please refrain from responding.
  • bzbee
    edited February 2009
    You're completely wrong, and I'm on a whole other level where I don't participate with ignorant arrogance disguised as a "constructive argument", please refrain from responding.

I'm afraid these forums are open to all. You posted a topic and I replied POLITELY with which you responded RUDELY.

Now who's the ignorant and arrogant one? b:laugh

• Daerys - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    /popcorn

[10 letters]
  • wikkid86
    edited February 2009
    Oh I agree, we are very capable of spending that money very quickly. I was mostly referring to the fact that while other classes rely on charms and pots we really don't have to use them except in a pinch, and most pinches are avoidable by just paying attention. My theory is that pet skills were priced the way they are for this reason. Legendary pets fall under "special circumstances" I think. They are awesome and worth every penny and every hour spent gaining those pennies, but certainly not necessary. As for gear, we could probably hit the level cap naked in all honesty, just a weapon and a pet.

I could agree with most of this except for hitting the cap level with only a weapon and pet. I'm a Magical DD build and can have 4 level 75 mobs on my Crystalline but as for me, I die within 4-5 hits from them at level 68.
  • Dicentra - Heavens Tear
    Dicentra - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I think the pet skills you are thinking about are elite pet skills and have to be obtained through events. I know that you can randomly receive pet skill books by harvesting chests in the event that most ppl call "the bikini event." I've never done this event myself but I think you have to be lvl 60+. Also, some my not be implemented in the game yet, if there are other ways to obtain these pet skill books that is.

I have been playing a Veno for awhile and do not see how Venos are glitched/bugged. Maybe if you could elaborate on that more then I will be able to help you better.

You asked why we Venos have to pay more coins to equip a skill onto our pet then pay more to train them. Its a known fact that Venos make a great deal more coins due to the fact they aren't having to replenish their hp n mp as constantly as other classes. Therefore, there has to be another way to even out the odds some where. And if your a pet lover like me and own many pets then you never seem to have enough coins to lvl your pet skills. This makes it so there are pets that you can't use in certain situation because of their skill levels alone. So yes, I understand where you are coming from but I've also played a cleric, some, and if you've ever played a barb or cleric (not saying the other classes aren't similarly hard to keep coins) then you know that without hp or mp charms then it is a slower game play. So, in my belief, every class has their own coin/money sinks.

If you have more questions please look on the class discussion - venomancer's thread. some of your questions may have been answered there.
  • bzbee
    edited February 2009
    /popcorn

[10 letters]

I'm with you. ;)

I honestly do not understand why people have this mentality that they should have stuff they don't wish to pay for.

And I have no idea why anyone would find my original reply offensive.

p.s. I do not have a Hercules b:cry and so I do not expect to have those skills on my pet.

• wikkid86
    edited February 2009
    I think the pet skills you are thinking about are elite pet skills and have to be obtained through events. I know that you can randomly receive pet skill books by harvesting chests in the event that most ppl call "the bikini event." I've never done this event myself but I think you have to be lvl 60+. Also, some my not be implemented in the game yet, if there are other ways to obtain these pet skill books that is.

I have been playing a Veno for awhile and do not see how Venos are glitched/bugged. Maybe if you could elaborate on that more then I will be able to help you better.

You asked why we Venos have to pay more coins to equip a skill onto our pet then pay more to train them. Its a known fact that Venos make a great deal more coins due to the fact they aren't having to replenish their hp n mp as constantly as other classes. Therefore, there has to be another way to even out the odds some where. And if your a pet lover like me and own many pets then you never seem to have enough coins to lvl your pet skills. This makes it so there are pets that you can't use in certain situation because of their skill levels alone. So yes, I understand where you are coming from but I've also played a cleric, some, and if you've ever played a barb or cleric (not saying the other classes aren't similarly hard to keep coins) then you know that without hp or mp charms then it is a slower game play. So, in my belief, every class has their own coin/money sinks.

If you have more questions please look on the class discussion - venomancer's thread. some of your questions may have been answered their.

We have Bramble Guard that at level 10 is supposed to be able to reflect 60% of the incoming DMG, but it doesn't reflect that much at all and it only works upon "chance" which it shouldn't be doing. In PVP we buy Charms just as any other class does. Bramble Hood requires 2 sparks and is supposed to reflect 200% DMG and reduce DMG taken by 75% for 15 seconds but when a Dex Archer kills you in less than 5 hits with Hood activated there's something wrong, especially when you have more HP than them.

Edited to add the fact that most, even including the Legendary Pets are glitched/bugged with certain skills, which only downplays Venos more.
  • Dicentra - Heavens Tear
    Dicentra - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    We have Bramble Guard that at level 10 is supposed to be able to reflect 60% of the incoming DMG, but it doesn't reflect that much at all...

oh wow, I didn't even notice that one. I've had bramble guard for awhile and only used it a couple of times. Mostly on barbs in my pt. I only play PvE so there is no benefit casting it on me unless I am directly attacked. I never see the damage that is done by the skill. I'll have to keep an eye for that and test it out. Thanks for the heads up. I'd rather 2 sparks go for some thing useful. As for correcting it, only the ppl fixing the bugs/glitches can tell you.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm with you. ;)

I honestly do not understand why people have this mentality that they should have stuff they don't wish to pay for.

And I have no idea why anyone would find my original reply offensive.

p.s. I do not have a Hercules b:cry and so I do not expect to have those skills on my pet.

I will explain why you are wrong, k?

wikkid86 asked:
    bzbee replied : Because those skills are part of what makes the Legendary Hercules legendary.
    You didn't even answer the question, and were misleading by implying that they were specific to the legendary pets and unavailable to any other pet.
    wikkid86 asked :

bzbee replied : As above
    Once again, you implied that they there was no way to get those skills for any pet other than a legendary pet which is wrong.
    wikkid86 asked : When will we actually be able to equip these Assisting Skills to our Pets Skill Bar?

bzbee replied : Never?
    You blatantly LIED
    wikkid86 asked

bzbee replied : No idea what you are asking here. Are you implying that Assisting skills should become a glitch? o.O
    You simply insulted them. Granted it was unclear, but taken with your "I'm better than you attitude" attitude displayed, you're simply being insulting, arrogant and a ****.

wikkid86 asked :Why do we have to pay 750k just to learn 1 Buff/De-buff Skill which will start out at level 1? For us to Max out one of these Buff/De-buffs it will cost 1,550,000 coins.

bzbee replied :: Not all skills are 750k. If you find them too expensive, don't learn them?
    Taken with the rest of your post, you're just an ****.

wikkid86 asked :: Answers can be from both Players and GMs. Answers also don't need to be immediate. I would appreciate the knowledge of this situation as many or most Venos would. Till then, good luck and have fun!

bzbee replied :: It appears your main issue is that you are unable to get your pet to learn skills that a Legendary pet has. Why do you think people pay as much as they do for a Legendary pet? You want those skills, get the Hercules.
    Once again, you implied that ONLY a legendary pet can have those which is blatantly false given that those are available if you can obtain the proper books.

So, you showed arrogance, lied, gave misleading information, insulted him, and any other number of transgressions possible.

In short, you're a waste of space on the forums.

If I missed one, my bad, but I'm cooking dinner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bzbee
    edited February 2009
    I will explain why you are wrong, k?

LOL did you learn to read and comprehend in school? If you did, you must have either failed it or your school failed you.
    wikkid86 asked:
    You replied : Because those skills are part of what makes the Legendary Hercules legendary.

You didn't even answer the question, and were misleading by implying that they were specific to the legendary pets and unavailable to any other pet.

How did I not answer the question? The skills are for the legendary pets...the normal pets can't learn them. I didn't realise and still don't think those particular skills are available to other pets. I've seen some rare pet skills but not those.
    wikkid86 asked :

You replied : As above

Once again, you implied that they there was no way to get those skills for any pet other than a legendary pet which is wrong.

And again my reply is as above. No I didn't imply them. I outright said them because I believe that to be true.
    wikkid86 asked : When will we actually be able to equip these Assisting Skills to our Pets Skill Bar?

You replied : Never?

You blatantly LIED

So sue me? Again I repeat, I still have yet to see those skills being sold or evidence anywhere that they are available to be farmed.
    Originally Posted by wikkid86 View Post

You replied : No idea what you are asking here. Are you implying that Assisting skills should become a glitch? o.O

You simply insulted them. Granted it was unclear, but taken with your "I'm better than you attitude" attitude displayed, you're simply being insulting, arrogant and a ****.

LOL I'm sorry you think I IMPLIED to be insulting, arrogant and a ****. Wow! You can tell al lthat from that simple phrase? Kudos.....I'm sure you can tell me what I'm implying in all my sentences. After all you are MR BIG ON IMPLICATIONS. ;)
    wikkid86 asked :Why do we have to pay 750k just to learn 1 Buff/De-buff Skill which will start out at level 1? For us to Max out one of these Buff/De-buffs it will cost 1,550,000 coins.

You replied :: Not all skills are 750k. If you find them too expensive, don't learn them?

Taken with the rest of your post, you're just an ****.

Hmm...how do you know I'm an ****? Takes one to know one?
    wikkid86 asked :: Answers can be from both Players and GMs. Answers also don't need to be immediate. I would appreciate the knowledge of this situation as many or most Venos would. Till then, good luck and have fun!

You replied :: It appears your main issue is that you are unable to get your pet to learn skills that a Legendary pet has. Why do you think people pay as much as they do for a Legendary pet? You want those skills, get the Hercules.

Once again, you implied that ONLY a legendary pet can have those which is blatantly false given that those are available if you can obtain the proper books.

Are you tired of repeating your perceptions? Have you ever considered that you have tunnel vision? Might want to do something about it.

So, you showed arrogance, lied, gave misleading information, insulted him, and any other number of transgressions possible.

In short, you're a waste of space on the forums.

If I missed one, my bad, but I'm cooking dinner.

Thanks. You're the one coming in accusing me of IMPLYING stuff and trashtalking me and I'm the arrogant one? LOL

Sorry to burst your bubble. But it isn't really convincing when all you have to go on are your perceptions and what you THINK I'm implying.

Try harder next time.

Oh and thanks for an entertaining read. It goes very well with the dinner I'm enjoying.

edited February 2009
    *snipped stupid ignorant BS*

You don't know anything, do you?

Players in this thread have stated that those skill books are available as drops from the Dragon Temple events.

Pet Skill books are usable by any pet in the game.

You are wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    few chest give them: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mine/12253

which pet can learn? i wouldn't know. i'm not a veno. i figure all pets can learn it, but off chance of getting to the chest before the other venos. then dodging the mobs and pkers? gl.

and, if you think those 750k scrolls are expensive, these are worth more than 1m.
  • bzbee
    edited February 2009
    You don't know anything, do you?

Obviously you know more. Good for you.

Again, thanks for the entertainment. b:laugh

• Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    actually, you both sound like idiots arguing about something so insignificant.
  • bzbee
    edited February 2009

which pet can learn? i wouldn't know. i'm not a veno. i figure all pets can learn it, but off chance of getting to the chest before the other venos. then dodging the mobs and pkers? gl.

Thanks for the info.

Is that the event where you can win bikinis and swim trunks?

I knew some events dropped pet scrolls but didn't know that they dropped strong, pounce or protect. Anyone knows if anybody has actually got those before?

I agree. I should have known better. I'm afraid I do not appreciate rudeness in return for making an effort to answer someone's questions followed by irrelevant trashtalk. My apologies to the other posters in these thread. b:embarrass

edited February 2009

Sorry, but putting out misleading information, and then parading around insulting the person asking when in the wrong to begin with is just wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for the info.

I knew some events dropped pet scrolls but didn't know that they dropped strong, pounce or protect. Anyone knows if anybody has actually got those before?

Yes same event, and I'm not certain that they drop all of the scrolls. I certainly haven't gotten one =P But the event works and those are listed as rewards so we can speculate. I was talking to another veno the other day who was looking for Strong and found 2 separate people selling it, though for far more than she was willing to pay.
  • wikkid86
    edited February 2009

and, if you think those 750k scrolls are expensive, these are worth more than 1m.

Thanks for the info, I'm sure it will be extended onto this thread.
  • bzbee
    edited February 2009
    Yes same event, and I'm not certain that they drop all of the scrolls. I certainly haven't gotten one =P But the event works and those are listed as rewards so we can speculate. I was talking to another veno the other day who was looking for Strong and found 2 separate people selling it, though for far more than she was willing to pay.

LOL I'm sure it is more than anyone is willing to pay. They would be better off paying for a herc with level 5 of those skills already.

I haven't been to the event since I hate pvp. I'm still hoping to convince my bf to go get me the bikini. I refuse to pay over 5 mil for 2 scraps of cloth. b:chuckle

• Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for the info.

that's the level 60 event "dragon temple raider". every tuesday, 8pm pwi time, they open it for a few hours. 150 people max can get it, blue names can be pked. no penalty, no exp loss, no drop, instant respawn at the safe zone.

i don't know of anyone getting the scrolls, but i'm sure people have them. every chest but the 10~ around the boss are always taken.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    LOL I'm sure it is more than anyone is willing to pay. They would be better off paying for a herc with level 5 of those skills already.

I haven't been to the event since I hate pvp. I'm still hoping to convince my bf to go get me the bikini. I refuse to pay over 5 mil for 2 scraps of cloth. b:chuckle

as a veno(i assume, you talking about getting a herc makes me think you are), you have a higher chance of getting to the chest as you have a swimming mastery. the event is underwater, you dominate this area. find out where the chest is that you want, then get it. simple as that.
  • wikkid86
    edited February 2009
    that's the level 60 event "dragon temple raider". every tuesday, 8pm pwi time, they open it for a few hours. 150 people max can get it, blue names can be pked. no penalty, no exp loss, no drop, instant respawn at the safe zone.

i don't know of anyone getting the scrolls, but i'm sure people have them. every chest but the 10~ around the boss are always taken.

Nice, I'll look forward to it. I'm above level 60 so there's no doubt that I don't qualify. Thanks for the heads up.
  • bzbee
    edited February 2009
    as a veno(i assume, you talking about getting a herc makes me think you are), you have a higher chance of getting to the chest as you have a swimming mastery. the event is underwater, you dominate this area. find out where the chest is that you want, then get it. simple as that.

I believe the swimming mastery is bugged for venoes. I know I'm slower than a barb with swimming mastery.

Thanks though. I may give it a try despite the pking I'm going to get. b:cry

• Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    pking isn't mandatory, and likely, most people aren't pking anyways. people go for the chest, the aftermath after all of the chest are gone is a small pk event because no penalty. and, i always figured the mastery to work. venos swim much faster than i do.
This discussion has been closed.