Poor Event Co-ordination

Xbloodragex - Lost City
Xbloodragex - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
So check this.
i was all the way in Allies camp, and teleported all the way to dragon Wilderness when i heard that the there was an event and that the GM was stuck in a hole and we hav to figure out the riddle. Obviously one would think that after we find the GM we would recieve the riddle to decipher it.
all we hear was pm me the riddle with correct spelling and order.
Im sure that at least 75% on PWI's Lost City server knew nothing about the riddle being on the event page. Although the server does advertise the forums, but to make the event totally advertised giving everyone a fair chance to compete at least the server should have said something like
"check the forum event page for the riddle for the World Hunt event"
Or at least while the event was in progress the GM, clawsofbears, should have told those who actually found him in-game to check the event forum
How can they advertise an event on the forums when most of the user activity is in-game?
N.B. after pleading my case i was booted from the serverb:angry

Am i right or am i wrong?
Post edited by Xbloodragex - Lost City on

Comments

• Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    They told us to go to the forums for information on the event, how could they be any more clear? It was also the topmost thread in General, and pretty clearly labeled.
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    So check this.
    i was all the way in Allies camp, and teleported all the way to dragon Wilderness when i heard that the there was an event and that the GM was stuck in a hole and we hav to figure out the riddle. Obviously one would think that after we find the GM we would recieve the riddle to decipher it.
    all we hear was pm me the riddle with correct spelling and order.
    Im sure that at least 75% on PWI's Lost City server knew nothing about the riddle being on the event page. Although the server does advertise the forums, but to make the event totally advertised giving everyone a fair chance to compete at least the server should have said something like
    "check the forum event page for the riddle for the World Hunt event"
    Or at least while the event was in progress the GM, clawsofbears, should have told those who actually found him in-game to check the event forum
    How can they advertise an event on the forums when most of the user activity is in-game?
    N.B. after pleading my case i was booted from the serverb:angry

Am i right or am i wrong?

Whoever informed you that there was riddle involved was simply incorrect, and therefor you were misinformed. The entire first part or "phrase" took place on the forums. The way I see it, the forums are as much a part of the community as the game itself, people come here for help and advice as well as technical issues, and the GM's can't possibly answer everything on their own, they rely on a player base to come here and help as well. Thus consider it a reward for being involved in all aspects of the PWI community.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The full instructions for this event were posted on Tuesday during maintenance. Since then, there have been direct links to the instructions both on the PWI homepage, as well as the PWI launcher.

However, for future events similar to the Word Hunt, we'll be sure to go in-game and make some broadcasts prior to giving the hint regarding the GM's locations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xbloodragex - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    btw am i banned? and for how long?
    and btw thanks for advertising in the game aslo =]
    and trust me im over it xD so u can unban me now lolz
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    btw am i banned? and for how long?

Can you not log back on? I see you posting here, so...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    So despite the bazzilion red text broadcasts everey 0.00075 milisecons all over the servers you still couldn't be bothered to read the forums?

It was stickied right at the top of this page and even tho I wasnt even online(at work) I knew about the event in detail last night already.

Yes you are wrong, nuff said.
    edited February 2009
    yh i cant log in for sum strange reason but i can still post =.=
    strange =\
    edited February 2009
    yh i cant log in for sum strange reason but i can still post =.=
    strange =\

lol, what did you tell the GM? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    i said that it was <bad word>
    and he said "maybe sum1 else can explain it to you"
    and i was like "well maybe ur just dumb"
    next thing you know a window with the same format as "insuficent inventory slots" come up sayin "you have been booted"
    =O
  • Jacim - Heavens Tear
    Jacim - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You probably got a 3-day suspension for violating the ToS by cussing (at a GM no less).

Try again tomorrow, if not, wait 2 more days, and you'll prolly be back. And next time think before you speak because you really made a fool of yourself to that GM.
    Late-start + Late-bloomer on HT server
    Switching to PvP for fun and the chance to be top50b:victory
    Harshlands class & IGN: Barbarian / Thor
    Please don't take my name? If so I will be forced to gank you for the rest of your time on the server b:laugh
    edited February 2009
    lolz
    all i can do is lol
    i was jus pissed thts all....oh well....i wanna play D:
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009

That is why they have been spamming in game to check the forums for all the latest news.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    i said that it was <bad word>
    and he said "maybe sum1 else can explain it to you"
    and i was like "well maybe ur just dumb"
    next thing you know a window with the same format as "insuficent inventory slots" come up sayin "you have been booted"
    =O

OMG 2 funny. Yeah, try again in a couple days. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]