Is this a good build?

Options
Deadly_skill - Heavens Tear
Deadly_skill - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Archer
Can someone please tell me if this is a good build im doing (1str 4dex till lv30)
then (1vit. 4dex till 45) then (1str. 1vit. 3dex. till 50) and then after that idk this build was recommended by a high BM and i just want to chek up on this someone please respond thank you ;)
Post edited by Deadly_skill - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• KaimerasPain - Heavens Tear
    KaimerasPain - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    never heard of that, not sure y u would need the vit- I do pure dex myself---

Kaimera-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MysticAve- What the Deuce?! Pwnt again.....
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You need a constant increase in strength in order to wear your armor.
    I suggest either the 1S 4D pure build or the 1V 1S 3D hybrid build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anarith - Sanctuary
    Anarith - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I do 1str 4dex...pure...
    I think this is the best build....
    Češi,hlaste se!!!
  • RamArch - Lost City
    RamArch - Lost City Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    1S 4D is pure damage, but doing that would make you like what we call PAPER. Your so easy to kill but with high Dex, you would return far more damage, you would hardly miss one attack, your Crit rate would be CRAZYLY high and your Evasion would be good. Its not bad build but you must watch your life espcially when fighting Bosses because pulling Agro would be easy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You make the 'Pure' build sound a lot more EXTREME than it actually is, a lot of archers go pure, no, the crit rate is not rediculous, its a bit higher than hybrid. Paper? pure archers have depending on gear maybe 25% less HP than hybrid archers. You miss a similar amount of attacks -- and imo archers shoudnt watch their life, they should watch their mob and make sure it doesnt find a reason to hit them.

If you want a little bit of vitality to ease you into the game as your build suggestion implies, i'd put it in at the start, thats going to be where you need it most, you could for example put 1 vitality per level until you reached 20 or 25 vit, then leave it and stat 4dex 1str per level. That being said, im pure and pure FTW.
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • Kishanhood - Heavens Tear
    Kishanhood - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    at the start i was a bit stupid and put 10 stat points in mag...yeah i know its useless but i didnt know any better at the time...buy now i am going with the pure dex build FTW!
  • Manicero - Sanctuary
    Manicero - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I have been going with what annor has said in a few threads now about this and i got my vit at 25 atm and also put 5 points into mag but the rest into dex and str just to get best armor and it has worked alot better then the pure dex
    at first i went pure dex and i hated when i missed and mob would 2-3 hit me and have my hp down 50% but then again its up to u
    be squishy and ultra high dmg
    or
    be a bit more fluffy and have high damage( really not much difference if u put 20points into vit)
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    As I say in other threads, it depends on what you want to do.

For TW, Group PVP, Grinding and HH I recommend hybrid. Reasoning..you need to survive longer. In TW, you need to live so after you kill someone you can go on to the next person...namely clerics. If you kill someone and die right away its kinda pointless. Goup Pvp..same thing. HH bosses aoe..you need to survive a bit until the cleric heal you or your heiro ticks in. For grinding, you rarely get to kill a mob and heal before another attacks you. Putting vit will help you survive more especially on increased life mobs.

For single PVP I would recommend pure dex. This is good if you want to sneak up on someone and snipe them quickly and then go on your way. I haven't played a pure dex archer but this is what i think.

So, its all up on what you decide to do
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Nnn - Sanctuary
    Nnn - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    arches need 1 str each lvl for there armours
    im pure dex, i reckon its simple, easy and rocks :)b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NNN-SANCTUARY
    edited February 2009
    Options
    okay, i am going to start putting some points into vit because i definately need some more hp as i intend to go to tw when i am the right level
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    okay, i am going to start putting some points into vit because i definately need some more hp as i intend to go to tw when i am the right level

pfff i tw fine with no base vit, the key is to at least +2 your armor, get 4 socket with citrines and possible some vit bonus off gears/ornaments although you should shoot for high crit/dex too
    when you get a 75% bonus hp or so from equips youll look back at that vit and think wow that doesnt help enough to justify the dex/crit/accuracy/evasion loss
    edited February 2009
    Options
    LoL okay thanks for the tip mate!
  • Anarith - Sanctuary
    Anarith - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    at the start i was a bit stupid and put 10 stat points in mag...yeah i know its useless but i didnt know any better at the time...buy now i am going with the pure dex build FTW!

Aah,this is bad...in some other MMO,I gave to my magician STR!!!XD And maany of it...b:laugh I was so silly back then...a MMO newb...b:laugh
    Češi,hlaste se!!!
    edited March 2009
    Options
    LoL well at least i have more mp than some other archers
  • acidstorm
    acidstorm Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Lol.. some people recommend capping VIT/CON at 50... but seriously what does 540 hp change ? Absolutely nothing. Pure DEX/AGI is the way to go, get hp in sockets.
  • Manicero - Sanctuary
    Manicero - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Just put 1 vit for the first few levels then go pure dex build and add +hp gems to your armor