lvl 54 Archer: What skills?

Viorith - Sanctuary
Viorith - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Archer
I am an Archer, lvl 54. I have a problem. I don't know what skills i have to buy and what skills i have to upgrate. Can someone help me with that?
Post edited by Viorith - Sanctuary on

Comments

• BloodCountes - Heavens Tear
    BloodCountes - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    There are two general ways you can take from this lvl.

1. PVE WAY

U need 2 skills
    1. Knockback arrow (if u want lvl it to lvls 4-5 - not more...maybe when u have enought mana u can max it. If u don't - leave it at lvl 1.
    2. Frost arrow - I reccomend u max that skill out. It is cheap and u will need no other skill to kill mobs when u grinding.
    Of course u should lvl bow mastery as well and don't forget to lvl stunning arrow from time to time...sometimes it can save your life.
    I am telling you this cause I know from my personal experience - it is enough to grind very fast and to make money.
    It won't be bad to max winged shell as well. Blazing arrow - maxed too.
    And don't forget to ask clerics to buff u before start grinding. It cuts your pots usage by 90 %. b:laugh

2. PVP WAY

If you choose to become pk/pvp machine you will have to spend more money on your skills.
    1. Max stunning arrow, aim low and take aim (maxing take aim is optional but won't be bad if u max it. If u decide to max deadly shot at higher lvls u will realize sooner or later that take aim does better dmg.)
    2. Max your metal skills (excluding eaglehorn)
    3. Lvl wings of grace
    4. Winged shell - maxed.
    Again don't forget bow mastery. Blazing arrow maxed.
    My people, some of them have run away to the hills
    and have no shelter. No food, no one knows where they are,
    hear me my chiefs, I am tired. My heart is sick and sad,
    I will fight no more....
  • Viorith - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    What about Lightning Strike, Thunder Shock, Blazing Arrow, Deadly Shot, Thuderous Blast and the skills at lvl 59?
  • RamArch - Lost City
    RamArch - Lost City Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    What about Lightning Strike, Thunder Shock, Blazing Arrow, Deadly Shot, Thuderous Blast and the skills at lvl 59?

Lightning Strike, Thunder Shock, Thunderius Blast are metal spells which he said to MAX if you are going PVP!!. Deadly Shot is a MASSIVE DAMAGE. It takes a little while to charge buts worth it for PVP. Blazing Arrow should be maxed because it gives you more damage which helps in both PVP and PVE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Viorith - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Sorry, I over read that.
    Thank you very much!
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    PvE - Grinding:
    Blazing (max)
    Winged Blessing (max)
    Bow Mastery (max)
    Frost (max)
    -do not level knockback-
    optional: winged shell (however I like this a lot so I maxed this first before anything)

PvE - FBs/Instances
    Everything mentioned in PvE however I like to add a few for this section
    Winged Shell (max)
    Winged Pledge (max)
    Wingspan (max)
    Lightning Strike (max)
    Sharptooth Arrow (max)
    Stun/Aim Low (recommended to have a few points here and there but don't max unless you PvP)

PvP/TW/PK etc (I'm not experienced enough in this scene to break them down seperately)
    Blazing (max, note though this only adds to normal attacks)
    Winged Blessing (max)
    Bow Mastery (max)
    Winged Shell (max)
    Stunning (max)
    Aim Low (max)
    Wings of Protection (max)
    Take Aim/Deadly Shot (max when you have atleast a TT60 xbow for TA, or level DS if you have the spirit)
    Lightning Strike (max)
    Thunder Shock (max for the debuff but I prefer maxing Thunderous Blast first for the higher damage. Crit = pretty much dead)
    Thunderous Blast (max, yeah what above said...however the debuff could be found useful too - still like TB better)
    Winged Pledge (max)
    Wingspan (max)
    Barrage (level this when you have leveled the others - it obliterates in TW but you can make do without it)

Pretty similar to what BloodCountes said but thought I'd make it more clear for others. Also note that there are overlaps in the PvE and PvP line so those are HIGHLY recommended. Also note that the PvP line will pretty much kill all your spirit :D
  • Manicero - Sanctuary
    Manicero - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I got a quick question about frost arrow
    I have noticed that most archer guides in forums say to lvl frost arrow untill u get stun arrow then others say to max frost arrow

at the moment i got frost arrow at L7 would u say its best to max it for grinding purposes only since pvp/pk/tw u need stunning aim low skills
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I got a quick question about frost arrow
    I have noticed that most archer guides in forums say to lvl frost arrow untill u get stun arrow then others say to max frost arrow

at the moment i got frost arrow at L7 would u say its best to max it for grinding purposes only since pvp/pk/tw u need stunning aim low skills

If you find yourself using frost a lot, then I suggest you level it to 10. Anyway, since you level in a PvE environment and PvE is grinding to level, the general consensus I get is that maxing frost is ideal.
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I agree with my guide (shocking huh?) max it imo :D.
    It should be your standard opener for a very large section of the game, the slowing effect is the only reason you use it... so in my opinion stacking ranks and slow time on to this is very worthwhile.
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • Silverhawk - Dreamweaver
    Silverhawk - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    There is a really great difference between Lv 5 and Lv 10 Frost arrow, even though the damage gain is very little and the slow down is +1 Second or something. That little slowdown time add-on gives you enough time to spam 1 or 2 more hits on mobs thus I suggest Maxing out Frost Arrow ^^ Max it and dont even regret about it.

Now that I'm 60+ All I need to do is just use Frost + Normal Shots to kill Mobs. At 16% Critical now, Lucky Criticals would get even Defense Enhanced or HP Enhanced Mobs killed sometimes before ever reaching me.