Perfect World<>Imperfect Game

Morayine - Sanctuary
Morayine - Sanctuary Posts: 124 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Ye it looks imba from a graphics point of view, although more details could be added in the environment with all that wasteland, also land could be bigger, also dungeons seem boring in detail and development,

For the rest we all agree that there is alot wrong with the game, in my first enthusiasm i thought really perfect, but i think it is an elite game for the rich, if you dont have any gold to spend, you can hardly obtain anything unless, you save like an idiot for a long time.
Very clever that everything that makes this game really nice and usefull is buyable for ZEN-GOLD, but,
Prices are way to high, and not much in the game requires really playing your character optimal, i mean no hard instances at your own lvl to learn the pros and cons of your char?
Just FB runs which are done by high lvls that run you thru it in minutes with no skills required ?
Why not make a game with infinite resources all for free, where you can equip whatever you like whenever, now that would be a real PERFECT WORLD lol
b:bye

o yeah indeed the character creation part is the only really almost perfect thing
"There's a big difference knowing the Path, and Walking the Path"
Post edited by Morayine - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    While much of what you say I have to agree with, it is still just a game when you get down to it. And I still find it great fun. Which to me is all I need, and all I was looking for when I found this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    No game is perfect, never has been, never will be. They ALL could use improvements.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Prices are way to high, and not much in the game requires really playing your character optimal, i mean no hard instances at your own lvl to learn the pros and cons of your char?
    Just FB runs which are done by high lvls that run you thru it in minutes with no skills required ?

You specifically chose to run FB's with high levels. They are quite runnable with a full party of near-same level. How do you think we did them when the game started? I'll agree a lot of people are lazy and want higher leveled people do everything for them, but it's not a requirement. Playing with a near-same level party lets you learn all the ins and outs of your character and make better players, some people though can't be bothered to do so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mentallaxative
    mentallaxative Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Be honest, you just wanted a reason to use that title for the thread.
  • justachickk
    justachickk Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ye it looks imba from a graphics point of view, although more details could be added in the environment with all that wasteland, also land could be bigger, also dungeons seem boring in detail and development,

For the rest we all agree that there is alot wrong with the game, in my first enthusiasm i thought really perfect, but i think it is an elite game for the rich, if you dont have any gold to spend, you can hardly obtain anything unless, you save like an idiot for a long time.
    Very clever that everything that makes this game really nice and usefull is buyable for ZEN-GOLD, but,
    Why not make a game with infinite resources all for free, where you can equip whatever you like whenever, now that would be a real PERFECT WORLD lol

o yeah indeed the character creation part is the only really almost perfect thing

We all agree? We all agree on what? Game for the rich? No I don't agree. Do you need to spend your hard earned money? No. Can you buy cash shop items from player shops using ingame money? Yes. So, I don't see your point.

No hard instances to learn the pros and cons of your character? Don't be so lazy and use help from high levels. Find a party of similar leveled people and do the fbs and boss quests.

Why not make a game with infinite resources all for free? What business would make a game with this quality for free? How would they pay for the resources required to maintain a game like this? There are free games out there, go play solitaire or something like that. =)

I think your reasoning for an "Imperfect World" is due to your own lackadaisical game play style.

• Zirconium - Heavens Tear
    Zirconium - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You could always go and buy WOW and then pay for the privilege of playing the game you just bought. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My Sigs >> myweb.tiscali.co.uk/squeek/pages/sigs/sigs.htm
  • EP_DarkSol - Lost City
    EP_DarkSol - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You show me a perfect game, and I'll show you a flaw.

No game can or ever will be perfect. It was created by imperfect humans. Add to that that perfection is in the eye of the beholder, and you get a perfectly subjective standard that can never be reached.

How does "Perfect World<>Best Free to Play MMO Ever" sound as a thread title? That's essentially what it is.
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2009

I still play another online mmorpg while playing this one. I started playing this one because the other one is a Cash Shop *****. I will give you a couple examples where that one clearly surpasses this one in greed and price.

In this game you can buy a mount in game or a special mount outside the game, as you can in that game. In this game, the special Boutique mounts range in price from $5 to $50 (this includes flying mounts), each has their specific stats and appearance. You can choose to get the Big $50 rare mount or you can choose to get the smaller $10 riding mount or even the $5 flying mount if you want. You know exactly what you are getting. In that game, There are new mounts introduced all of the time, but to get them you have to purchase a "bag" which has a random item or mount in the bag. The Bags cost is $6 and the chance that the bag will contain a mount is .5%. So if you want to guarentee you are going to get 1 mount, you have to spend $1200 for 200 bags.

Another example, I have yet to see an event that is specifically for people who only use the cash shop, but I have only been playing for 2 months. In that game, on a weekly basis they put out event where the person who spends the most money gets a game unbalancing item.

In that game, they announce one day last week that they were closing the game for 24 hours while they switched to a new server, 5 minutes before they closed the game down. As an appology they offered a day of 2x exp for everyone, starting midnight tonight. Today they canceled that event and instead are offering to have the exp enhancing items that can only be purchased in their cash shop will provide double the effect for the day. That right, for a week they were advertising this appology to everyone, then today they announce that its only for the cash shop users. At least a couple weeks ago with this game when they closed because of the money glich, they made no false promises with a reward. They just appologized to everyone.

I could go on for hours on this. I gotta say though that I like that the cash shop here is as cheap as it is, and that I can choose what I am going to get, no random chance with anything other then the color of the fashion.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • ZeroStriker - Lost City
    ZeroStriker - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    that's your typical PvE players, always wanting more for less (or free)
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    usually <> means "not equal to"

thread basically means "Perfect World is not equal to imperfect game"
    double negatives cancel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    With the number of recently failed MMO's, you have to respect any MMO that can survive and turn a profit.
    If your looking for fail, look at Hellgate, Ragnaros online. Even Age of conan is hanging by a thread.
  • bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Excuse me? How does what he/she posted equates to 'typical PVE players'?

Don't make sweeping statements without having the ability to substantiate them.

I'm from a PVE server, Sanctuary same as OP and I do not agree with what she said.

Does your statement then mean that all PVP players are as irrational as you?
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • Aerilius - Heavens Tear
    Aerilius - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Do you realize how quickly that would get boring? People play these games largely for the challenge - the allure of starting as a nobody, and gradually accumulating more rare and powerful weapons/equipment while leveling and becoming more powerful yourself. It's all about progression. If you just instantly got all the best stuff in the game, it would be like skipping to the end of the game - you wouldn't have anything fun to do, because all you'd have to do is hit everything once and watch it die. BORING.
  • Morayine - Sanctuary
    Morayine - Sanctuary Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    hey thx for the replies all,
    dont worry i still play it and i still like it,
    offcourse i know all these reasons and viewpoints myself,
    and <> means versus in this case,
    Yeah i played wow for 2 years and that was ok for a while, so now i play this for a while, till anything better comes along,
    I have gold to spend so i am lucky, i see my friends not so rich earning long hard coins for long time to be able to buy anythin, dying and losing their xp cus they cant afford HP charms etc.
    A-holes are to be found in any game also, so when i meet m i ignore them fast, and stick to nice people friends, or factionmembers.
    Have fun all, and be kind, its a 'perfect person' behind a keyboard you might be meeting in here ;-)
    "There's a big difference knowing the Path, and Walking the Path"
  • MistresShade - Sanctuary
    MistresShade - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    bzbee wrote: »
    Excuse me? How does what he/she posted equates to 'typical PVE players'?

Don't make sweeping statements without having the ability to substantiate them.

I'm from a PVE server, Sanctuary same as OP and I do not agree with what she said.

Does your statement then mean that all PVP players are as irrational as you?

Actually not ALL the PvP players are as irrational, but 99% of them are, and 100% of them think they are better than us.
    I am the biggest hypocrit you will ever see or hear, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Greed destroys even the tightest of bonds
  • Julyah - Sanctuary
    Julyah - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Totally free games are quite rare, don't you agree? Maintaining and running an MMO will cost you so you need to get that money from somewhere.
    Perfect World doesn't make you pay for the game, which in my opinion is a brilliant thing as many of us can't play all the time, so the monthly payment would go to waste at times.
    Still the money has to be earned, so they are giving us things that we can buy with real money instead. It's totally up to each and every us to buy or not to buy things.
    You can even have access to the cash shop stuff if you've decided not to pay for the game, so you're no different to a "paying player" by any means.

Saying things are too expensive is just because you are poor, there's no denying that. If the hellhound mount sells good then it seems to have the right price. If it's not selling then it's apparently too expensive.
    [Tech Support Junkie]
    Player 1: "I dont believe this is an off-topic worthy thread."
    Player 2: "It's not even worth it for lower depths. What do we do?"
    Player 3: "Delete it?"
    Mod: "Moving this to tech support."
    edited February 2009
    Actually not ALL the PvP players are as irrational, but 99% of them are, and 100% of them think they are better than us.

100% of people can't be wrong! :P
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You specifically chose to run FB's with high levels. They are quite runnable with a full party of near-same level. How do you think we did them when the game started? I'll agree a lot of people are lazy and want higher leveled people do everything for them, but it's not a requirement. Playing with a near-same level party lets you learn all the ins and outs of your character and make better players, some people though can't be bothered to do so.

LOL I tried the "hard way" before going the "easy way" on FB...I still feel bad for getting those guys killed...I tried to help them kill as best I could but in the end we all ran and I managed to get out alive by the fluff of my tail which is better than what I can say for my squad mates.

You can do it but you need to be much higher level than when you get the quest. At least 10 levels better with a big group or higher with a small group it is just insane. This is super true of the first one when no class of your level has much in the way of any skills so healers are junk, tankers cannot tank, killers cannot kill maybe it gets better later on when you are more equipped to fight worth a darn.
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    it is an imperfect game created by an imperfect being. but that is what makes it human.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You can do it but you need to be much higher level than when you get the quest. At least 10 levels better with a big group or higher with a small group it is just insane. This is super true of the first one when no class of your level has much in the way of any skills so healers are junk, tankers cannot tank, killers cannot kill maybe it gets better later on when you are more equipped to fight worth a darn.
    My girlfriend and I were able to do FB19, charmless, with a lvl 27 Veno and a lvl 27 Barbarian. We were both new to the game and hadn't ever done an FB before, nor had any advice for how to do them. Our first attempt at lvl 24 ended with us getting killed at the final room due to some untimely misclicks. (Although, to be honest, I think we probably would have gotten killed by the boss had we not died just before him.)

All we did was go very slowly and carefully while I used lots of life powder / pots / chaos powder. When I see people getting killed in FBs it's virtually always because they're rushing through non-stop. I suspect they do that because that's what they saw the high-levels do when they had somebody else do the quests for them instead of trying to do it themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009

this is your typical newb in losty city. they think they matter, so they post on the forums. this is the kind of guy that has had a nervous twitch since level 30 and wont talk in game, as to avoid any negativity towards him, ultimately leading to his death.