Need some skills and spirit management advice

killik123
killik123 Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Cleric
As the title says, i need some tips on skills and spirit spending advice.

Im a lvl 59 cleric, all the skills are starting to open up now and they are all attractive, each have their unique benefits so i want to learn them all. The problem is I cant. Lvl 70s and 80s say they have no problem with spirit but have problem with money learning skills but right now im struggling with sp.

I like to keep all my attacks to max but i'm also attracted to the res skill, blue and red bubble and maxing out celestial guardian seal. And sp nearly all spent.

I like to grind solo but i also love and attend to fbs alot so im neither full attack or full support. I need some help on wether I should save up spirit to max out my remaining buff celestial guardian seal, res and get blue and red bubble for upcoming HH/TTs and FBs or continue to keep my attack skills up to date since i'll be grinding alot after lvl 59.

Skills I currently have:
Blessing of purehearted lvl 3 (didnt realise i shudnt have lvled it until i reached lvl 3)
Ironheart Blessing lvl 10
Wellspring Surge lvl 1
Revive lvl 8
Purify lvl 1
Vanguard Spirit lvl 10
Magic Shell lvl 10
Celestial Guardian Seal lvl 9
Spirit Gift lvl 10
Greater Protective Aura
Aegis Spirit
Arcane Empowerment
Plumeshot lvl 10
Plume shell lvl 8
Great Cyclone lvl 10
Thunderball lvl 1
Sirens Kiss lvl 1
Wield Thunder lvl 4
Tempest lvl 1

Please comment on my skills and lvl and give me you're oppinions. I also need advice about metal mastery, they can be quite costly to level and wont be noticable until lvl 10 with gives 20%. I don't know when is the best time to lvl it up.

Also want to know when you start to get serious spirit and when it becomes money shortage instead of sp. I still have about 4 million to spend and money gradually increasing. Will i have to grind to about lvl 60-70 to have millions of SP?
Post edited by killik123 on

Comments

• Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    killik123 wrote: »
    Skills I currently have:
    Blessing of purehearted lvl 3 (didnt realise i shudnt have lvled it until i reached lvl 3) maxed at my level, this heals well over 3,000 hp. it is worth leveling, maybe not right away, but it's situationally-useful.
    Wellspring Surge lvl 1 maxing this is important. ironheart wont save a life - this will.
    Revive lvl 8 by time you get 64(level to max) you'll have enough spirit to get 9 and 10, don't worry. 8 is good atm.
    Purify lvl 1 at least 5 levels of this by time you get 65. don't listen to mysticlife, he's an idiot.
    Vanguard Spirit lvl 10
    Magic Shell lvl 10
    Celestial Guardian Seal lvl 9 maxing isn't as important, but get it early 6x for the kewl flashy aoe buff
    Spirit Gift lvl 10
    Greater Protective Aura
    Aegis Spirit
    Arcane Empowerment
    Plumeshot lvl 10
    Plume shell lvl 8 max this now. for tt runs, this is vital for your survival if you happen to heal when all mobs weren't aggroed.
    Great Cyclone lvl 10
    Thunderball lvl 1 max this 8x~, maybe useful in pvp. ignore for now.
    Sirens Kiss lvl 1 not sure of its real purpose, waste a spark, freezes your opponent, but not a priority. ignore for now.
    Wield Thunder lvl 4 even though people will forever tell you to level this, its uses in pve are limited(has one hella mana cost for only hitting a little higher than your 2 basic attacks)
    Tempest lvl 1 you don't need this until you plan on pvp, in pve it's limited on its usefulness where you could use an advanced spark to save your **** in potions/charm by regenerating 1k~ mana and giving you a free kill.
    also, get both bb and rb. why? don't ask why, you need them. make yourself useful.

Please comment on my skills and lvl and give me you're oppinions. I also need advice about metal mastery, they can be quite costly to level and wont be noticable until lvl 10 with gives 20%. I don't know when is the best time to lvl it up.
    don't worry about your mastery just yet. 1 level and move on for now. this wont show its usefulness until you start using wield thunder and tempest to their full potential. 20% added to great cyclone adds next to nothing.
    Also want to know when you start to get serious spirit and when it becomes money shortage instead of sp. I still have about 4 million to spend and money gradually increasing. Will i have to grind to about lvl 60-70 to have millions of SP?
    i don't know what people are saying about this either. i have 2k sp right now and 8m coin, where's the shortage? i guess some people ignore raising skills for gears(which i'll do when i'm close to 80), but until then i don't see it.
  • Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Forp hit the nail on the head, wise words. Also money isn't all that big a problem, I've got money to burn and I'm rocking top of the line gear right now.
  • okam1wolf
    okam1wolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Blessing of purehearted lvl 3 (didnt realise i shudnt have lvled it until i reached lvl 3)
    IMO this heal is useless. I never use it because of its large channeling time and IH does its job.
    This one is good. This is pretty much the only required heal for a cleric
    Wellspring Surge lvl 1
    This one I would get to at least 6. Maxing it is your choice if you want to be a good healer.
    Revive lvl 8
    I don't consider myself a "support cleric" but mine is lvl 8 just because it's good to have to rez faction members and it's low enough to keep you from being bothered a lot
    Purify lvl 1
    I left mine at 1 as well but leveling up is your choice. Only reason to level it is to whip out the purifies faster, not something on my priority list
    Vanguard Spirit lvl 10
    Yes, always get the defence buffs maxed. :D
    Magic Shell lvl 10
    Same as above b:chuckle
    Not really important to max it. Your choice ultimately.
    Spirit Gift lvl 10
    Very important to max :D
    Greater Protective Aura
    This is fine, I didn't bother with the squad buffs. Personal choice really.
    Aegis Spirit
    Same as ^
    Arcane Empowerment
    Again...same as above.
    Plumeshot lvl 10
    Maxing this is a requirement.
    Plume shell lvl 8
    Max it, it is so useful.
    Great Cyclone lvl 10
    Good, good.
    Thunderball lvl 1
    I wouldn't touch this for a long time. Not a really useful skill
    Sirens Kiss lvl 1
    It's an ok attack, but it shouldn't be a priority. Only useful when solo aoe grind and TW.
    Wield Thunder lvl 4
    I love weild thunder personally. If you're a DD cleric then it's a must. If you're a support then it's not needed but it's nice to have.
    Tempest lvl 1
    Like WT I also love this skill. I would say get it maxed to what ever level you are at but it's not needed if you're a support build.

My metal mastery is level 8 and I'm level 70. I probably will not get it any further until I max other, more important skills. If you feel you can waste money and sp on it then sure, but it is true you will not see a difference until high levels.

BB it is so useful in TTs and FBs. I don't have it and I know I should, but I put my DD skills in higher priority. b:surrender
    RB is not as much as a requirement as BB, though it can be very useful. BB before RB though.

Clerics can lose money quickly but yeah, I always have alot more money than SP. Thoughs she say they have money problems just don't try to make money.
  • Inna - Heavens Tear
    Inna - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    thunderball and siren's kiss, i still have both of those at lv1 right now - i dont think they are useful. thunderball, maybe. but siren's kiss is just a weaker version of tempest.

blessing of pureheart is rarely used due to its long channeling time. If you want to be proficient at heals max ironheart and wellspring surge. Those two heal spells should be enough. blueball is needed if you plan on doing TT often.

I've always kept my metal mastery highest as possible, but yea it gets quite expensive. And the squad buffs are optional at your level, you can wait till you have more spirit points to spare before getting them. Celestial guardian in my opinion is not worth leveling. At lv10 it gives +10 hp/mp recovery. It costs a lot of spirit points too, so I'd recommend saving that buff for later.
  • Nora - Lost City
    Nora - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Blessing of purehearted is not useful do not max this more than u already have.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    i like how everybody talks down about a heal that outdoes every other heal. my ironheart, with 1 stacked, ticks about 500. blessing of the purehearted does about 3k in 1 hit. wellspring surge does about 1.5k. it takes a little longer to use 2 wellspring surges and a lot longer to make ironheart tick at 3k. it's useful, you're all just ignorant.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    As the title says, i need some tips on skills and spirit spending advice.

Im a lvl 59 cleric, all the skills are starting to open up now and they are all attractive, each have their unique benefits so i want to learn them all. The problem is I cant. Lvl 70s and 80s say they have no problem with spirit but have problem with money learning skills but right now im struggling with sp.

I like to keep all my attacks to max but i'm also attracted to the res skill, blue and red bubble and maxing out celestial guardian seal. And sp nearly all spent.

I like to grind solo but i also love and attend to fbs alot so im neither full attack or full support. I need some help on wether I should save up spirit to max out my remaining buff celestial guardian seal, res and get blue and red bubble for upcoming HH/TTs and FBs or continue to keep my attack skills up to date since i'll be grinding alot after lvl 59.

Skills I currently have:
    Wellspring Surge lvl 1
    Revive lvl 8
    Purify lvl 1
    Vanguard Spirit lvl 10
    Magic Shell lvl 10
    Spirit Gift lvl 10
    Greater Protective Aura
    Aegis Spirit
    Arcane Empowerment
    Plumeshot lvl 10
    Plume shell lvl 8
    Great Cyclone lvl 10
    Thunderball lvl 1
    Sirens Kiss lvl 1
    Wield Thunder lvl 4
    Tempest lvl 1

It looks like your base set is complete. From your description of what you want to do I'd focus on keeping your Wield Thunder up, get the Blue bubble ( red is awesome but rarely used ), and get your metal mastery up ( it may not seem like much but it adds up ). Always focus on a max of 3 skills at a time ( or two ) and you won't have any trouble with SP.

Once you hit 60th start doing your Justice quests.

Since you help in FB's you need to start focusing on purify. There are world bosses and FB bosses that absolutely require that you have it or the tank dies.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    It looks like your base set is complete. From your description of what you want to do I'd focus on keeping your Wield Thunder up, get the Blue bubble ( red is awesome but rarely used ), and get your metal mastery up ( it may not seem like much but it adds up ). Always focus on a max of 3 skills at a time ( or two ) and you won't have any trouble with SP.

Once you hit 60th start doing your Justice quests.

Since you help in FB's you need to start focusing on purify. There are world bosses and FB bosses that absolutely require that you have it or the tank dies.

for the 1000000th time, your metal mastery is not a priority. don't raise it until you have sp to spare. justice quest are a waste of coin.
  • cjase
    cjase Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It's the overall efficiency of blessing of the purehearted that makes people steer away from it.
    Ironheart blessing is overpowering by comparison. It heals for more when stacked fully and is much more mana efficent. If you are waiting until your tank is already engaged to stack IHB's then you are doing it wrong. Drop 4 on him before he engages so its already ticking full blast and maintain them constantly over the course of the fight. Increase or decrease your casting as needed. A tank with 4 ironhearts on him is getting the most efficent healing he can get.
    In an emergency situation, BotPH is going to take too long to cast to be effective even though it is more hp per mp than wellspring. And if you have to drop two on him it is still superior in an emergency because he will recieve the benefit of the first heal as you cast the second, as opposed to waiting for the BotPH to complete while recieving nothing. Also, the combination of wellspring and your IHB's ( if youve been maintaining them) creates a larger buffer to get through any hectic events that might come up, by maintaining a timely healing flow.
    As a side note wellspring also comes out on top in pvp, even though it remains the least mp efficent heal we have.
    In short IHB and Wellspring combo wins over blessing of the pure hearted in most all situations. Thats why you see all the BotPH hate.

P.S. is it really necessary to name call?
    Edit: Stream of rejuvination will come into play at higher levels, while it wins in flat healing its mana efficency is a lot lower.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    i said it's situational-y efficient. a tank my level, on average, has about 8.5k~ hp when in tiger. the small pinch of 1.5k~ doesn't do as much as it sounds. if iron heart isn't enough, i may use wellspring to bring his health back up. if it isn't enough, i either hit the blessing of the purehearted or stream of rejuvenation. stream works, same speed, but the initial heal for me is lower as i have not leveled it yet. and, the cost of using it is absurd. maxing this skill will be late end-game for me. 850mp per cast at level 10 is ridiculous.
  • Nora - Lost City
    Nora - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i like how everybody talks down about a heal that outdoes every other heal. my ironheart, with 1 stacked, ticks about 500. blessing of the purehearted does about 3k in 1 hit. wellspring surge does about 1.5k. it takes a little longer to use 2 wellspring surges and a lot longer to make ironheart tick at 3k. it's useful, you're all just ignorant.

All heals are useful, some more than others and definately depends on the situation. No one is being ignorant here. Blessing of pureheart may heal about 3k as you say, but most situations require the need for a cleric to stack ironheart and use wellspring surge. If this is not enough then I use stream of rejuvenation. If you get stream of rejuvenation then why bother maxing blessing of purehearted?
    if it isn't enough, i either hit the blessing of the purehearted or stream of rejuvenation. stream works, same speed, but the initial heal for me is lower as i have not leveled it yet.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    i don't use stream of rejuvenation much as i would need at least level 6 for it to heal as much, that isn't enough. i'm too busy to max other skills right now, and the 850~ mana cost at level 10 discourages me from leveling it. maxed blessing of the purehearted heals good for 280 mana, that's very efficient.

if i get to 89, i'll be going demon. why? my build preference. blessing of the purehearted then will make ironheart look like a cheap knock off while i'm healing over 5k with a chance of +5% of maximum hp. i'll be healing half of my tanks hp in 1 heal.
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    Sorbik - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    blessing of purehearted is if ur stingy with heals and want to conserve some mana in easy situations
    really, in HH runs and FB69 it has little to no use. Definitely need stacked heals for them. If youre caught in the middle of channelling that while needing to purify, your entire run could wipe. very very situational. In PvP, no question it sucks. In hard instances, once again, no question it sucks. Need a heal after youve killed some mobs? Sure you can use it but Ironheart is faster and LESS mana. And it heals you to full. Not to mention you can ironheart before you attack, and then fight to conserve HP heiro.

As for metal mastery, i wish I had gotten it earlier. It is level seven now, and 14% is a HUGE difference. At level 1, my cyclone was weaker than my plume shot, but now its much stronger. Especially on wood mobs, this makes 6 shot mobs become 4 shot mobs. My plume shot on 72 air wood mobs does 3.8k. My cyclone does 5k.

Blue bubble u need whenever you start HH runs. Red bubble is optional, nobody will really get on your case at this levle if u dont have it.

Purify you CAN keep at 1, but as soon as u hit fb69 you wanna get that to like 7-8. One heal instead of purify and ur tank is dead. Its also useful for remedying people with mana burn/channelling debuff. Not to mention when pvPing (running) from venos with phoenixes, purify can stop that bugged bleed from ticking u for 1-2k.

If you like PvP, get wield thunder. Otherwise, its negligible for now.

If you like PvP get your chromatic seal up and elemental debuff. 55% hp -> sleep -> debuff -> double spark -> weild thunder will be the only way to kill heiroed werebeasts. And WRs that are higher level than you, sometimes.

Wellspring is good at healing quickly, especially yourself. I have it for emergencies.

Main grinding spells are plume shot and cyclone, buffs, ironheart, purify and wellspring for emergencies

PK spells are wield thunder, debuff, sleeps, and tempest. (If you wanted you can get either/or wield thunder and tempest)

The other heals are really negligible for now... Optional, but none of them are special enough to waste more than 1 point on.

Get res to 10 so u dont get called a newb.

Razor feathers gets useful later on when zhenning, so u can prolong levelling this.
    Thunderball is garbage at this moment
    Same with sirens kiss
  • Waittilli - Lost City
    Waittilli - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Tempest lvl 1 you don't need this until you plan on pvp, in pve it's limited on its usefulness where you could use an advanced spark to save your **** in potions/charm by regenerating 1k~ mana and giving you a free kill.

This was a quote

What's it mean to "use an advanced spark to save your **** in potions/charm by regenerating 1k~ mana"?

What does that mean lol
  • Waittilli - Lost City
    Waittilli - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    opps. ssadad
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009

This was a quote

What's it mean to "use an advanced spark to save your **** in potions/charm by regenerating 1k~ mana"?

What does that mean lol

it means exactly what it says. advanced spark regenerates 10% of your max mana, for most of us, that's close to 1k. i meant to say ~1k, my mistake. and, if that wasn't great enough, you 2-3 hit your mob.