how much crit do i need to consistently do critical

Options
wuxinnan
wuxinnan Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Archer
just as teh title states, how much criti rating do we need to have to do crit like every 2 shots or so. i have 8% but i'm not criting as much as i like to
Post edited by wuxinnan on

Comments

• Jandira - Sanctuary
    Jandira - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    And is there anyway to increase your chances of crits?
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm gonna go with 50% to crit every 2 shots, on average of course. RNG generally takes a rather large sample size to add up properly.
    And is there anyway to increase your chances of crits?

Dex and +crit gear.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    wuxinnan wrote: »
    just as teh title states, how much criti rating do we need to have to do crit like every 2 shots or so. i have 8% but i'm not criting as much as i like to

Every 2 shots? How OP do you expect your class to be?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

If I had to hazard a guess, I would assume that an 8% crit rate would leave you critting, on average, on about 8% of hits.

This topic is extremely ****.

I suggest you go back and finish primary school, learn all about percentages, and then make up your own damn mind.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • wuxinnan
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i'm sorry if the answer was obvious...i would have based it on mathematics but unless you guys believe that games and real life was the same then sorry...but i was just basing on gaming experience mainly from a game called flyff that i use to play, i had a critical of 70% but i was doing critical damage as if it was 100%...again sorry

also i thought i should mention that in terms of saving money wise, since 70% was criting as much as 100% or atleast good enough then i didn't need to spend an exorbiant amount of penya (form of currency) to get an extra 10% or so since it wouldn't change much...thus that is why i was wondering at what crit % in perfect world do you get consistent crit damage.
  • wuxinnan
    edited February 2009
    Options
    also i probably should not mix the two games up my bad
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

100%. you should try to get the 90% crit ring.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

rofl... I'll have one of those rings kthnx xD
  • Manicero - Sanctuary
    Manicero - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ill take 1 too
  • Mhikan - Heavens Tear
    Mhikan - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

lol, 90% crit ring + with a wiz using it with -9% channeling on all of his gear...b:shocked
  • Cosenmonduur - Heavens Tear
    Cosenmonduur - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'll try and add something productive to this thread...

While the guys before me are right in pointing out that if you do the maths you will find that the fact that you do not crit "as much as you'd like" directly relates to your crit rate of 8%. I trust you understand this so far.

In the Newbie's Guide to Archer-ism! under stats is written that you get 1% extra to your critical rate per 20 points invested in DEX (something which nobody's pointed out so far).

It would follow therefore that if you consistently invest 4 points in DEX, 1 point in STR per level, as Annor's Archer Basics (guide) advises for a "pure" build, you should be able to get an additional 1% every 5 levels. At level 11 you'd therefore have 3% critical rate, at level 36 8% and so on. At level 76 you'd have an unmodified critical raate of 16%, which amounts to roughly every 6th or 7th shot.

For anything higher than that you'd have to get a lot of +DEX/+crit gear etc. to get anywhere with this build.

And just for comparison, an actual "pure" DEX Archer who ges his extra crit % every 4 levels will only achieve 20% unmodified critical rate at level 77, which is only every 5th shot.